+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718

Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

DESTROY CHESTY THE SNAKE!

Can we believe the gospels? They were written 35 to 70 years after the brutal murder of Jesus (God) by Greeks who were not eyewitnesses and hadn't visited geographical areas of Jesus's ministry. Their manuscripts were chosen from several dozen in circulation at the time. They happen to conform to the ideology of Christian leaders. We don't even know their real names! See historical accounts by Bart D. Ehrman and others.

As for prophets foretelling the coming of a messiah, they made no mention of the son of God. isn't that interesting! For hundreds of years, Christian theologians have missed key points. If you do a careful analysis of the OT you'll find that Christian interpretations are based on FIGURATIVE INTERPRETATIONS. That says it all! Why didn't the OT Lord mention his son?

I think the imagination of church leaders had a lot to do with defining Jesus. Assuming Jesus was God, and God is a duality, one can envision how it might have been after Jesus was murdered. We know from history there were many pagan gods, and, today, they're found throughout the world in many different forms. At the time of Jesus, Roman Emperors dominated the Mediterranean world, and they had proclaimed themselves to be gods, or sons of gods. So, New Testament authors, knowing claims of Roman Emperors, were inclined to propose Jesus to be the son of God. Also, in keeping with popular ideas in Jewish culture for making animal sacrifices to their God (the Old Testament Lord), Jesus became the son of God sent as a sacrificial lamb to save humankind.

If Jesus had been defined as God, or just a man, it would not have been as likely for him to have gained popularity. Jesus the son of God sent as a human sacrifice had broad appeal, it was an important reason for Jesus becoming the cornerstone of Christianity. It was also in keeping with human tendencies to worship pagan gods. If, as I have proposed, Jesus was God, it would have been difficult for church leaders to promote such an idea. Then, if as I have proposed, God is a duality, it would be even more difficult. Even today, humans have a difficult time accepting God as a duality, it defies values related to human societies. Knowing God is a duality, and Jesus was God, interpretations of what remains of prior gospels, those rejected by Catholic Church leaders, makes more sense. Rather than Jesus referring to his father, it would be Jesus referring to the other half of himself. Unfortunately, most of those prior gospels are gone, so we don't have sufficient evidence to test the hypothesis.

In keeping with human proclivities for pagan gods, it is not surprising that early church leaders made Jesus the son of God, or a human deity. It is, of course, difficult to imagine an eternal God having a son. When, in the course of heavenly events, did it happen? Well, assuming God created a son for human sacrifice, it is conceivable, but difficult, to imagine. Why wouldn't God just offer salvation. In other words, what was God before He created a son? Assuming, as I have proposed, God is a duality, it is easy to assume the two Gods were their own companions. Therefore, God created angels in order to share holy interactions in a worship circle.

There is another reason for Christians to revere "the son of God" idea, it allows them to secularize experiences with a heavenly divinity. There has been much discussion in the Christian community about Jesus, a former human, meeting them in heaven as the son of God. Again, it brings God down to a level where humans feel equal or engaged with one of their own kind. However, heaven is not about humans, or any kind of human society, it is about two eternal Gods in a sphere. There can be, and never will be, a human society, or social order, in heaven. In Revelation 21, there is mention of a holy city sent down from heaven. It would be second paradise on earth, whereby humans would be "in the presence" of the two Gods in a sphere. There would be no replication or perpetuation of human societies. God would impose His holy order on earth.
    Last edited by Cnance; 10-22-2018 at 03:12 AM.

it would SEEM all this B S theories you are POSTING is just your OWN way of admitting you HAVE NO SALVATION!! and of course you want others to NOT have any TOO!? maybe if everyone STOPPED eating PORK and watched jurassic park OVER AND OVER they TOO would see the DARK!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    it would SEEM all this B S theories you are POSTING is just your OWN way of admitting you HAVE NO SALVATION!! and of course you want others to NOT have any TOO!? maybe if everyone STOPPED eating PORK and watched jurassic park OVER AND OVER they TOO would see the DARK!!
    I post what I please based on what I know. You are wasting time with irrational arguments. How long has this gone on here on the forum? When will someone post their own religious threads? As an example, why don't you post a thread about religion. You are a Christian, right?

If the Trinity is false, how does salvation work? Why don't you refute my argument against the Trinity? You, like other Christians, can't do it!
    Last edited by Cnance; 10-23-2018 at 07:42 PM.

What would happen if there was no son of God? The trinity would collapse. As I have mentioned, according to prior gospels, those before the four NT gospels, there was no mention of Jesus being the son of God. If followers recognized Jesus as God, there would be no Christianity. Because Jesus and his followers were Jews, we would have Judaism instead of Christianity. Oh no, that wouldn't work. Throughout the world, people dislike, even hate, Jews. What a dilemma.

Because God came into the world to give testimony to his chosen people, his teachings related to Judaism. Wow, humans really got things fouled up. The world has paid a heavy price because of few ambitious religious zealots. It is characteristic of humans. They're never satisfied. God gives the world His holy words. Not happy with the same old words and the same old God, they make up a new religion with a new god. It is exciting. Now, humans can identify with a new deity, the son of God. Yep. Jesus was a human just like them. What next? Has someone invented another pagan god for a new religion? Wow, humans are inventive.

It was after Christian movement leaders decided Jesus was the son of God that the problem became manifested. If, as I have suggested, Jesus was God and He came into the world to "give testimony to his chosen people," then Judaism would prevail and there would be no Christianity. Perhaps, following the "Ark of the Covenant" and its symbolic meaning with the "two angels," and further revelations, Judaism would be the worship of "God as a duality."

I think the problem is related to freewill. God presents his word to his chosen people, then, not wanting to accept meanings, authors reinterpret to serve their theology. It may have been creative of Jewish authors to reinterpret, but it messes up meanings. God tells them xyz, and they reinterpret it to mean yzx, or some such reinterpretation. It goes back to the OT prophets who, each in their own way, attempted to interpret God's messages. It is just a theory, it was too long ago to really know. However, we do know Jewish writings were interpreted and reinterpreted over several hundred years leading to the final version of the Torah, "so many opportunities to misinterpret."
    Last edited by Cnance; 04-08-2019 at 07:42 PM.

If you apply human logic to the subject of God and heaven, you find significant conflicts with the Trinity. it is difficult, if not impossible, to imagine just one God in heaven. If there is only one God, there would be no reason for there to be a companion. Why would a perfect God want a son (companion), or companions, it defies logic. One can conclude, the Trinity problem is a direct result of humans attempting to impose their beliefs, or not being able to resolve issues about God.

So, the “father” is in heaven and alone. The problem of being alone is huge! How can God, an eternally perfect being, have need of a son? Logically, if God is perfect there would be no necessity for Him to have a companion, or companions. Assuming God created a son, why would there would be a need for angels? Oh, yes, what would be the difference between God’s son and angels? Wouldn’t the son and an angel both be equal inasmuch as they are created to be God’s companions? And, there are NT assertions of Jesus, the son of God, having special powers (heeling the sick, walking on water, and bringing the dead back to life). Doesn’t this conflict with the idea of there being only one God (Trinity father)? Isn't it true that only God could perform those miraculous events. However, there is the Christian idea of the son of God having special powers. After all, Jesus saves those who believe in him! How ridiculous is this idea? So, we have two Gods in heaven, one being the father, the other being the son. In heaven, who do God’s creatures worship? Is it one, then the other? Do they sing duets together? Do they dance together? Do they agree to disagree about decisions made? If they both have power of life and death (salvation), why is one the father, and the other one the son? If they both have miraculous powers, aren't they both Gods? I once asked a preacher if I worshipped God, the father, and not the son of God, what would happen. He said I couldn't be saved unless I accepted Jesus as my savior. Well, then, they are not equal to one another. Then, there is the issue of time. If a person existed before Jesus came into the world, according to Christian salvation, that person cannot be saved. Oh, oh, we need to study theology. In short, we have logical contradictions because the idea of father and son is illogical.

Assuming God is a duality, both enjoy being together exchanging ideas and loving one another. Assuming God is eternal, it doesn’t make sense for God the father to have a son. When did it happen? Again, if God is perfect, why would he have need of a son? The idea of God’s duality makes perfect sense inasmuch as humans seek and enjoy companionship with one another through marriages, friendships and/or companionships throughout life. If you conduct a scientific analysis of the universe, you find, "duality" in various forms at all levels (subatomic, atomic, astrological, and in nature). It is the mark of God’s DNA on His creation.

Following the idea of God's duality, we have an explanation for the two Gods creating angels. Angels were created to enjoy and partake of holy interactions or exchanges between the two Gods in a sphere. Until Satan rebelled in heaven, there were thirteen angels. Isn't it interesting, thirteen is an unlucky number, and twelve is the number of disciples as well as the number of Jewish tribes? Then, we have two (duality) times twelve (angels) for a twenty-four-hour day. Humankind cannot escape truths about the supernatural world.

what a BUNCHA CRAP!! your LOGICAL DUALITY comparisons are made for the MENTALLY INCOMPETENT!!
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Everyone should ignore lexx's comments on the religious forum. He is ignorant about religion, has stupid ideas, and prefers insults to replies.

Once, I sat in church listening to our preacher talkabout the trinity. His initial statement was how much no one understands it. Itis a true mystery. However, he did his best to explain it with verses from theNew Testament, particularly from the gospel of John. Then, he quoted that well-knownverse from Genesis about how God created humans "in our image, in ourlikeness." The inference is God is both father and son. Wait, what if Godis a duality? Oh, such a silly question. Christians already have the answer.Well, if clerical experts gave it some thought they would realize it is ILLOGICAL.How can the father have a son and the trinity be eternal? Did God (singular)decide one day to have a son? Why haven't Christians considered God to be a duality?

Should humans give up on logic? Well, if they do, what is the substitute?Without logic, how do we understand things? It would be irrational to havepropositions without predicates or logical premises. Oh, I got it. We can usescience fiction; there must be an irrational plot out there to explain it. Ifyou research the trinity, you find Christian leaders justifying the father sonrelationship. Well, what if there is no son of God? What if Jesus was God, andGod is a duality? Oh, no, that is too controversial. My dreams, as listed on mydream thread, have told me Jesus was God and God is a duality. Now, I am in bigtrouble. I have violated church trinity law. The penalty may be banning me fromthe "holy" Christian community. Oh, I should also mention, the preachersaid the Holy Spirit inspired him. How convenient, no one can offend the HolySpirit. Isn't the penalty hell and damnation?

unfortunately cnance has had DELUSIONAL dreams WHICH have WARPED his mind whereas ONCE he said there was 1 TRUE god NOW there are 2!! and of course THAT's NOT PAGAN, but 3 IS!! what a CROCK proves ALL the NUTS are NOT LOCKED UP!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    What is your theory? most of what you post are insults, you seem to be totally uninformed about religion.

theories are ABUNDANT!! i'm always UPDATING MINE!! and NO i am NOT a bible scholar and neither are you!! at least i have delved into ALL the THEORIES behind ALL the world religions to find CROSS REFERENCES and BETTER understandings!!

Why is there no mention of the son of God in the Old Testament? Why would God lie to his chosen people? Is Israel a fiction? No, God did not lie. Christian authors got wrong.The holy spirit is a human invention. It has become convenient for Christian leaders to declare truth in the name of the holy spirit. How many pastors have declared this or that based on what the "holy spirit" told them? It must be the greatest hoax in history. People prefer to worship a pagan god, like the son of God. If you took the son of God from Christianity, it would collapse.

why is there NO MENTION of the son of god!?(exact words) why dont you ASK god!? maybe he didnt want to ALERT SATAN!?