+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 287

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,724

    The trinity is a pagan god.

    For about two thousand years Christianity has grown to become a major world religion while Judaism has faded into obscurity. Did God get it wrong when he declared himself to be the Lord of His chosen people? Is it the product of overzealous Christians with creative imaginations, willing to do anything to promote a new world religion?

    Humans are an arrogant species, not willing to admit weaknesses. They have, as a consequence of the industrial revolution, longer life spans, which, when compared to eternity, is almost immeasurable. In the beginning when God communicated with Abraham, there was no son of God, no holy spirit, just the Lord God. Then when God came into the world as Jesus, humans could not conceive of God's true nature. Even today, humans cannot comprehend God's duality. Everything, including God, must be calibrated based on human perception. That may not seem fair, but it seems to explain humans inability to understanding of God.

    Assuming God is a duality, and Jesus was God, the whole story changes. Assuming he talked about Himself as two persons, it is easy to understand how NT authors got is wrong. Then, after leaders declared their relationship to a holy spirit and an intimate understanding of the son of God, the Christian movement took off. Christianity has tremendous appeal. Believe Jesus is the son of God, be faithful, and you'll be saved. However, what if there is no son of god? What if Christianity is based on false beliefs?

    Why is there no mention of the son of God in the Old Testament? Why would God lie to his chosen people. Is Israel a fiction? No, God did not lie. Christian authors got wrong. They would have made good Hollywood writers.

    The holy spirit is a human invention. It has become convenient for Christian leaders to declare truth in the name of the holy spirit. How many pastors have declared this or that based on what the "holy spirit" told them? It must be the greatest hoax in all history.

    There is no trinity, only God's duality.
    Last edited by Cnance; 04-01-2014 at 01:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    For about two thousand years Christianity has grown to become a major world religion while Judaism has faded into obscurity. Did God get it wrong when he declared himself to be the Lord of His chosen people? Is it the product of overzealous Christians with creative imaginations, willing to do anything to promote a new world religion?

    Humans are an arrogant species, not willing to admit weaknesses. They have, as a consequence of the industrial revolution, longer life spans, which, when compared to eternity, is almost immeasurable. In the beginning when God communicated with Abraham, there was no son of God, no holy spirit, just the Lord God. Then when God came into the world as Jesus, humans could not conceive of God's true nature. Even today, humans cannot comprehend God's duality. Everything, including God, must be calibrated based on human perception. That may not seem fair, but it seems to explain humans inability to understanding of God.

    Assuming God is a duality, and Jesus was God, the whole story changes. Assuming he talked about Himself as two persons, it is easy to understand how NT authors got is wrong. Then, after leaders declared their relationship to a holy spirit and an intimate understanding of the son of God, the Christian movement took off. Christianity has tremendous appeal. Believe Jesus is the son of God, be faithful, and you'll be saved. However, what if there is no son of god? What if Christianity is based on false beliefs?

    Why is there no mention of the son of God in the Old Testament? Why would God lie to his chosen people. Is Israel a fiction? No, God did not lie. Christian authors made it up.

    The holy spirit is a human invention. It has become convenient for Christian leaders to declare truth in the name of the holy spirit. How many pastors have declared this or that based on what the "holy spirit" told them? It must be the greatest hoax in all history.

    There is no trinity, only the duality of God.
    Actually, the prophets spoke about the coming of Jesus.

    And the Hole spirit is a part of the trinity. Jesus told his disciples that he would be sending the spirit and the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentacost as Jesus had promised.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,724

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Actually, the prophets spoke about the coming of Jesus.

    And the Hole spirit is a part of the trinity. Jesus told his disciples that he would be sending the spirit and the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentacost as Jesus had promised.
    Can we believe the gospels? They were written 35 to 70 years after the brutal murder of
    Jesus (God) by Greeks who were not eyewitnesses and hadn't visited geographical areas of Jesus's ministry. Their manuscripts were chosen from several dozen in circulation at the time. They happen to conform to the ideology of Christian leaders. We don't even know their real names! See historical accounts by Bart D. Ehrman and others.

    As for prophets foretelling the coming of a messiah, they made no mention of the son of God. isn't that interesting! For hundreds of years, Christian theologians have missed key points. If you do a careful analysis of the OT you'll find that Christian interpretations are based on FIGURATIVE INTERPRETATIONS. That says it all! Why didn't the OT Lord mention his son?

    It must be one of the greatest scams of all times.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Can we believe the gospels? They were written 35 to 70 years after the brutal murder of
    Jesus (God) by Greeks who were not eyewitnesses and hadn't visited geographical areas of Jesus's ministry. Their manuscripts were chosen from several dozen in circulation at the time. They happen to conform to the ideology of Christian leaders. We don't even know their real names! See historical accounts by Bart D. Ehrman and others.

    As for prophets foretelling the coming of a messiah, they made no mention of the son of God. isn't that interesting! For hundreds of years, Christian theologians have missed key points. If you do a careful analysis of the OT you'll find that Christian interpretations are based on FIGURATIVE INTERPRETATIONS. That says it all! Why didn't the OT Lord mention his son?

    It must be one of the greatest scams of all times.
    Jesus was murdered by the Romans not the Greeks. And he was the son of God. Lets get it right

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,724

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by soulbro View Post
    Jesus was murdered by the Romans not the Greeks. And he was the son of God. Lets get it right
    I never said Jesus was murdered by Greeks. As a matter of fact, I had a dream about Jesus being murdered by Roman soldiers. So, I don't believe Jesus (God) was crucified. There are no historical records of Jesus being crucified, only rumors of such an event. That was based on Christian leaders promoting a "good news" story.

    Lets get it right, Jesus was God, not the son of god.

    As for proof, you cannot prove Jesus was the son of God and I have no empirical evidence to prove Jesus was God. Your evidence is unproven gospels and Paul. Much of my evidence has come from dreams and OT research.

    Skip my dreams. Go to the Bible. Where do you find references to the son of God in the Old Testament? It's interesting, no one has questioned Christian scholars! Their evidence is based on speculation or from FIGURATIVE INTERPRETATIONS. Do you know the difference between figurative and literal interpretations? That's very important. With figurative interpretations, you can say almost anything, and given the many chapters and versus of the Bible, there is a lot to be interpreted.

  6. #6
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post

    Assuming God is a duality, Blah, blah, blah, words, word, words, However, what if there is no son of god? What if Christianity is based on false beliefs?

    Why is there no mention of the son of God in the Old Testament? Why would God lie to his chosen people. Is Israel a fiction? No, God did not lie. Christian authors got wrong. They would have made good Hollywood writers.

    The holy spirit is a human invention. Blah, blah, blah, words, word, words,

    There is no trinity, only the duality of God.
    Foolish Dreamer. He (Jesus/Yeshua) TOLD you that the God Abraham, Moses, David, Sodom & Gomorrah encountered was NOT the Father. He (Jesus) was the God who revealed himself to these individuals (and cities) who was born as Jesus Christ.

    Follow this statement, slow learner. If you understand this, it will open doors of understanding TO your muddled mind.

    Jesus came to REVEAL the OTHER member of the Godhead -- His FATHER!

    "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. http://biblehub.com/matthew/11-27.htm

    I know this statement will go in one ear and out the other, but the God of the OT is NOT the "angry old Father" while Jesus was "another" god. "Jesus" was the God Israel encountered. Jesus was the God who destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah. Jesus was the God who Flooded the earth. The Father was UNKNOWN by Man before Jesus came to REVEAL this Truth to His Followers. They are NOT a spherical "blob." They are TWO beings (who look like Man) who are members of ONE Family called GOD.

    So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Gen 1:27
    Jesus also came with the GOOD NEWS that Man's Destiny is to be BORN AGAIN into that God-Family. Jesus revealed He is the FIRST BORN OF many brethren.

    For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    You need to realize that He didn't lie, YOU have trouble with comprehension because you LUST after your silly dreams above understanding the true Nature of God.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,724

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Foolish Dreamer. He (Jesus/Yeshua) TOLD you that the God Abraham, Moses, David, Sodom & Gomorrah encountered was NOT the Father. He (Jesus) was the God who revealed himself to these individuals (and cities) who was born as Jesus Christ.

    Follow this statement, slow learner. If you understand this, it will open doors of understanding TO your muddled mind.

    Jesus came to REVEAL the OTHER member of the Godhead -- His FATHER!




    I know this statement will go in one ear and out the other, but the God of the OT is NOT the "angry old Father" while Jesus was "another" god. "Jesus" was the God Israel encountered. Jesus was the God who destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah. Jesus was the God who Flooded the earth. The Father was UNKNOWN by Man before Jesus came to REVEAL this Truth to His Followers. They are NOT a spherical "blob." They are TWO beings (who look like Man) who are members of ONE Family called GOD.



    Jesus also came with the GOOD NEWS that Man's Destiny is to be BORN AGAIN into that God-Family. Jesus revealed He is the FIRST BORN OF many brethren.



    You need to realize that He didn't lie, YOU have trouble with comprehension because you LUST after your silly dreams above understanding the true Nature of God.



    Your statements about Jesus are from Christians authors, not from the Old Testament. Post verses from the Old Testament that say the Lord of Israel is the son of God. You can't because there are none! You like thousands of Christians, including Christian scholars, find Jesus in the Old Testament through FIGURATIVE INTERPRETATIONS. That is because there are no literal interpretations or actual versus saying the Lord is the son of God, nor are there OT verses saying the Lord God had a son. It has all been a big hoax perpetuated by Christian leaders to support their beliefs. Isn't is interesting that God's chosen people rejected Jesus as the son of God. Could be they're smarter than the average bear?

    Prove your assertions, post verses from the Old Testament saying the Lord is the son of God. All we need is one verse, just one!

    As God, Jesus came into the world to communicate with his chosen people, not create a religion that contradicts the OT Lord (Himself).

    I agree that Jesus was the OT lord God, but not the son of God. God has always been and will always be a duality. There is no son of God, and there is no Holy Ghost. In short, there is no trinity, just God as duality. The trinity came into fashion when in early church history leaders had to reconcile ideas about Jesus. Once they decided Jesus was the son of God the trinity became a good idea for their new god.
    Last edited by Cnance; 03-30-2014 at 09:33 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,510

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    As a kid I got yelled at by a nun because I said (when we did the sign of the cross), why do we do a crossover when 'Holy Spirit' is one thing, even though it's two words. Top (Father) Down (Son) Left (Holy) Right (Spirit) Hands together (Amen). I argued the grammar angle, the thing with the cross, and she couldn't give me a straight answer. I definitely hit nerves there.:madgo:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Skip my dreams. Go to the Bible. Where do you find references to the son of God in the Old Testament?
    Here:

    The book of Daniel describes one of the most dramatic appearances of the Son of God in the entire Old Testament. The passage in Daniel 3 tells of three Jews, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who were sentenced to death for refusing to worship an idol that King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon erected and commanded all his subjects to revere. The king was enraged that they had questioned his supreme authority and ordered that they be thrown into a furnace and it be heated to seven times its normal intensity. The fire became so hot that it killed the soldiers assigned to push them into the inferno.

    But when the three were in the blaze, Daniel states: “Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, ‘Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?’ They answered and said to the king, ‘True, O king.’

    “‘Look!’ he answered, ‘I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God’” (vv. 24-25).
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  10. #10
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    I KNEW Cnance would not HEAR what I just posted. I'll repeat myself so she/he can misunderstand again:

    Only one Being was known at the time of Ancient Israel THAT Being would be later born as Jesus (actually Yeshua).

    He told you in the Bible that you ignore unless it fits your dreams, that one of the reasons He came was to REVEAL the Father.

    The God that did all that "nasty" OT stuff that most Christians attribute to the Father was actually the One who would be born on earth that would be named Jesus.

    As far as the "One God" thing you need to think of it as a FAMILY NAME. There can be potentially MANY members of that ONE FAMILY called God.

    Jesus SAID (if you believe that Book YOU reject) that He was the FIRSTBORN of MANY Brothers & Sisters. We are NOT going to become Angels (we are to JUDGE them), but LITERAL members of the God FAMILY.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,724

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Here:
    Another explanation could be an angel of the Lord was the fourth person in the furnace. For humans, an angel may have the appearance of God, both are beautiful and glow brilliantly. If you recall in the Old Testament, humans kept confusing angels with the Lord God. Remember when prophets and John in Revelation bowed to worship an angel, and the angel said don't worship me?

    Also, angels have been referred to as sons of God. That is not to be confused with humans being also referred to as sons of God. Wow, this son of God thing can get very confusing. In the New Testament Paul makes the most definite statement about Jesus being the son of God when in Colossians 1:15-18 and in Romans 8:29 he stated Jesus is God's firstborn. I believe God, being a duality, was Jesus, and as I stated before, NT authors couldn't understand it. If you pursue concept of duality you'll find empirical evidence in nature. There two of everything, wings, eyes, ears, limbs, and in science there is gravity (equal forces), neutrons and protons, negative and positive charges, matter and anti-matter, the list goes on and on. Duality is everywhere. It is God's DNA on His creation.
    Last edited by Cnance; 03-31-2014 at 05:56 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,732

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Another explanation could be an angel of the Lord was the fourth person in the furnace. For humans, an angel may have the appearance of God, both are beautiful and glow brilliantly. If you recall in the Old Testament, humans kept confusing angels with the Lord God. Remember when prophets and John in Revelation bowed to worship an angel, and the angel said don't worship me?

    Also, angels have been referred to as sons of God. That is not to be confused with humans being also referred to as sons of God. Wow, this son of God thing can get very confusing. In the New Testament Paul makes the most definite statement about Jesus being the son of God when in Colossians 1:15-18 and in Romans 8:29 he stated Jesus is God's firstborn. I believe God, being a duality, was Jesus, and as I stated before, NT authors couldn't understand it. If you pursue concept of duality you'll find empirical evidence in nature. There two of everything, wings, eyes, ears, limbs, and in science there is gravity (equal forces), neutrons and protons, negative and positive charges, matter and anti-matter, the list goes on and on. Duality is everywhere. It is God's DNA on His creation.
    There are many references to Jesus being the son of God in the new testament. The most known is probably John 3:16.

    And God is actually a trinity. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,724

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    There are many references to Jesus being the son of God in the new testament. The most known is probably John 3:16.

    And God is actually a trinity. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    As I mentioned there are no references in the OT and to a trinity or to holy spirits being part of a God. Also, there are many horror stories about Christians killing nonbelievers because of nonbelief in the Trinity. If you would like, I can post that horrible history. What better belief than to say, "the holy spirit told me," so it must be true. It has also been a means by which Christian have persecuted J E Ws for hundreds of years for not believing them.
    Last edited by Cnance; 03-31-2014 at 10:57 PM.

  14. #14
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    A convenient deity for them to assert their authority over believers. What better belief than to say, "the holy spirit told me," so it must be true.
    I had a dream, so it must be true :yelcutelaughA:




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    There are many references to Jesus being the son of God in the new testament. The most known is probably John 3:16.

    And God is actually a trinity. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    so.........where does the DEVIL fit in!? is he not also a TRINITY being!? LATER or NOW!? was HE part of the CREATION!? after all he was the BEARER of LIGHT!? so IF he has BEEN replaced, why is NOT there a HEAVEN on EARTH!? for ALL not just SOME!? i mean the DEVIL surely LOVES hawaii you'd THUNK!? given the pleasant MODERATION of HEAT an all!? is NOT the devil AFTER/seeking the comforts of the FLESH you might SAY!? :rryumy: : :rotz: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,046

    Re: The trinity is a pagan god.

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    I KNEW Cnance would not HEAR what I just posted. I'll repeat myself so she/he can misunderstand again:

    Only one Being was known at the time of Ancient Israel THAT Being would be later born as Jesus (actually Yeshua).

    He told you in the Bible that you ignore unless it fits your dreams, that one of the reasons He came was to REVEAL the Father.

    The God that did all that "nasty" OT stuff that most Christians attribute to the Father was actually the One who would be born on earth that would be named Jesus.

    As far as the "One God" thing you need to think of it as a FAMILY NAME. There can be potentially MANY members of that ONE FAMILY called God.

    Jesus SAID (if you believe that Book YOU reject) that He was the FIRSTBORN of MANY Brothers & Sisters. We are NOT going to become Angels (we are to JUDGE them), but LITERAL members of the God FAMILY.


    OK..........the OUTSTANDING question IS........explain why he was MEAN then and NICE after he SHOWED up as a MAN!? well at least SORTA NICER!? i'm sure you can come up with EXCEPTIONS!? : :rotz: :spin2: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Is the Trinity real?
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 08-01-2018, 11:30 PM
  2. Trinity Blue Inc.
    By dsmesc in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 02:00 PM
  3. The Crucifix - a Christian or pagan symbol?
    By David Ben-Ariel in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 12:32 PM
  4. Is the trinity really a trinity?
    By BibleCode in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:43 AM
  5. A Pagan Christ? Reflections on the Real Christmas
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 06:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •