+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ONE Personal Story -- Just One

Quote Originally Posted by Qi123 View Post
    Could be Bereavement Hallucinations
    OOPS!? i forgot to ASK, are you speaking from EXPERIENCE or speculative hypothesis!? i came, i saw/remember, i symPATHEYES!? :liefde: :freak3: :spin2: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Nope. The cats heard it too. They both left out the cat door. It's so funny how hard people work to create explanations rather than accept what so many tell them they experience.

Some day I'll fill you guys all in on the shadowmen I came into contact with during my teen years after flirting with the occult too long. Years later I told a friend in Church about it. He never heard about them. He mentioned it to his mother and she told him some secrets she never mentioned -- her own contact with shadowmen. She said she never mentioned them because she didn't know how common it was to see these beings. Funny thing is, you can see them in the darkest bedroom. You can see them because they are darker than night. Haven't seen them in decades after physically resisting them and renouncing them and all the occult practices that drew them in.

Mine always wore the hat. Seems to be common.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Nope. The cats heard it too. They both left out the cat door. It's so funny how hard people work to create explanations rather than accept what so many tell them they experience.

Some day I'll fill you guys all in on the shadowmen I came into contact with during my teen years after flirting with the occult too long. Years later I told a friend in Church about it. He never heard about them. He mentioned it to his mother and she told him some secrets she never mentioned -- her own contact with shadowmen. She said she never mentioned them because she didn't know how common it was to see these beings. Funny thing is, you can see them in the darkest bedroom. You can see them because they are darker than night. Haven't seen them in decades after physically resisting them and renouncing them and all the occult practices that drew them in.

Mine always wore the hat. Seems to be common.

Interesting trend starting to develop here with you...

Fascinating what ones imagination will come up with if left unchecked, huh?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Interesting trend starting to develop here with you...

Fascinating what ones imagination will come up with if left unchecked, huh?

I was exactly the same as con when I was a practicing, devout, Christian. It went with the territory.

Every example of the unknown to me was either a miracle, or an occult occurrence.

Funny how one's faith in religious dogma never allows one to think in terms of simplicity. It must always be a "supernatural" event.
    Children think this way, also. Its not wrong, just very naive, IMHO.

"The simplest explanation for any occurrence is usually the correct one."

Occam's Razor
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 05-14-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    I was exactly the same as con when I was a practicing, devout, Christian. It went with the territory.
    Yep, glad to see that you 'saved' yourself!

Every example of the unknown to me was either a miracle, or an occult occurrence.
    Confirmation bias anyone?!

Funny how one's faith in religious dogma never allows one to think in terms of simplicity. It must always be a "supernatural" event.
    Of course!

Ignorance is the soil in which belief in miracles grows.

~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Children think this way, also. Its not wrong, just very naive, IMHO.
    Agreed. VERY!!

"The simplest explanation for any occurrence is usually the correct one."

Occam's Razor
    Simplicity is a sign of higher learning they say...and if that's true, it's another telltale sign of the absence of a 'biblical', omnipotent, all-knowing god...the bible couldn't be any more convoluted or complicated imo! Most of the 'messages' aren't clear at all...almost always subject to interpretation and context...
    Click Here!
    Last edited by ohein56; 05-14-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

I for one am not claiming there aren't un-explainable things happening. I do respect that you aren't here trying to prove the bible based on some event. Many people do though.

It's odd how many shows are on now about ghosts and hauntings. Never any proof of course. Same old hype.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I for one am not claiming there aren't un-explainable things happening. I do respect that you aren't here trying to prove the bible based on some event. Many people do though.

It's odd how many shows are on now about ghosts and hauntings. Never any proof of course. Same old hype.
    What about the "gift of tongues" (joecool44's exact words!!)?! How does that play into all of this?
    Last edited by ohein56; 05-15-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

What about the "gift of tongues"?! How does that play into all of this?
    I'd say it's just one more scam based on a misinterpretation. No where in the bible does it mention speaking in gibberish. What it meant was that the disciples could preach to a mixed language crowd and each person would hear it in his own "tongue". How that turned into the comical crap that people try and pass off I have no idea. If you want to have a good chuckle do a You Tube search on tongues.

This one is freaking funny. The poster claims one is real and one is fake. Please tell me which is which.

I'd say it's just one more scam based on a misinterpretation. No where in the bible does it mention speaking in gibberish. What it meant was that the disciples could preach to a mixed language crowd and each person would hear it in his own "tongue". How that turned into the comical crap that people try and pass off I have no idea. If you want to have a good chuckle do a You Tube search on tongues.

This one is freaking funny. The poster claims one is real and one is fake. Please tell me which is which.

I love it...that's a clip from one of my favorite movies, "Religulous"...

I'm sure you've seen it?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I love it...that's a clip from one of my favorite movies, "Religulous"...

I'm sure you've seen it?
    Ah, I knew i'd seen it before. i love that movie.

Ah, I knew i'd seen it before. i love that movie.
    Myself, I OWN that movie....it's on my list. I saw it in the theatre, the day it was released! Had to have it...
    Last edited by ohein56; 05-16-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Myself, I OWN that movie....it's on my list. I saw it in the theatre, the day it was released! Had to have it...
    I like Bill. He is way way left on most stuff but he's a thinker.

I like Bill. He is way way left on most stuff but he's a thinker.
    Absolutely!!

Click Here!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Absolutely!!

Click Here!
    Nice, I need to watch the movie again.

Q:Are all the scientists sinners?
    A: Well...
    LOL

Nice, I need to watch the movie again.

LOL
    Did you ever catch "Dogma"? funny stuff...

Nun: So, you don't believe in God...because of Alice in Wonderland?

Loki (Matt Damon): No, Through the Looking Glass, that poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and good nature, obviously represents either Buddha or, with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god Lord Ganesha – that takes care of your eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. Now I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions, out of fear of some intangible parent figure, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says "Do it, do it and I'll ing spank you!" The existentialists can keep their Kierkegaard and their Sartre — give me Lewis Carroll any day. That guy knows what time it is!

Nun: The way you put it... I've never thought about it like that before. What...what have I been doing with my life?

Loki: Yeah, I know. Look, why don't you take this money you're collecting for your parish, and go out and buy yourself a new dress. Fix yourself up. Find some man. Find some woman. Find anyone you can connect with, even for a moment. Because that's all that life really is, Sister — it's a series of moments. Why don't you go seize yours? Attagirl.

[The nun smiles gratefully and leaves. Loki sits next to Bartleby.]

Bartleby (Ben Affleck): Here's what I don't get about you. You know for a fact that there's a God. You've been in His presence, He's spoken to you personally. And yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist.

Loki: I just love to with the clergy, man, I just love it. I love keeping those guys on their toes!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

may i INTERJECT over HERE!? i was just considering the WORD dogma!? well first off i SEE it as 2 words STUCK together for SAKES!? which are DOG and MA!? (it's ALL about ORIGINS) so then .......where do WE go from HERE!? is MA a DOG!? is the DOG my MA!? interesting TAKES on an otherWISE completely OPEN OPPORTUNITY 1 might PERUSE if SO POSITIONED by whatever set of UNknown RULES or perhaps GENES has PROVIDED!? GET SMART!? i never did completely UNDERSTAND that SHOW maybe i should REVISIT!? i mean WHO can REALISTICALLY consider the MEANING of LIFE amid the PRESSURES of PERFORMANCE under the GUN 1 might say!? is not LIVING a MATTER of the BIGGEST BEST GUN or am i DREAMING!? and SO what DEFENSE has the OTHER way call it CIVILIZED CONSTRUCTED to OFFSET this seemingly NATURAL BENT if we might call it THAT!? and amoung this CONSTRUCTED defense do we IMAGINE/EMBRACE it's GROWING purpose of PERFECTING the HUMAN RACE at WHATEVER cost!? and WHAT is the COST of LIVING anyway and how is it MANAGED in a WAY that GUARANTEES opportunity for any LIVING being!? i say BEING in the SENSE of PURPOSE!? take POLITICS for EXAMPLE surely anyone of any SENSE sees the FOOLERY of politics in ALLIEING many DIFFERENT purposes into 1 VOTE getting EFFORT for CAUSE!? so WHAT are the 2 OPPOSING causes we are SUBJECTED to with the ADVERTISING BLITZ!? is it THAT SIMPLE really!? or is it just the AGREEING to or OPPOSING the NATURAL order of THINGS as we experience them!? and WHICh side of the FENCE is RIGHT or DEMANDS to be DOMINANT for WHAT reasons!? can a BIRD FLY with 1 BIG wing!? is the HUMAN delimna as DEFINED by WHOMEVER that easily FIXED like a MAN MADE thing!? but IF such a FIX was POSSIBLE WHO can be TRUSTED to PROVIDE the ANSWER if the MAJORITY are NOT wise enough to UNDERSTAND it!? and DOES that MATTER in a "god' scenario from the standpoint of say a BUSINESS model where an ALL inclusive CLOSED LOOP is a FORM of PERFECTION only DISTURBED by the COMPLAINTS of those not FEELING comfortable in their OWN POSITION!? OK, i really shoulda been lookin up a RECIPE for HOMADE cheese from MILK but somehow i get WRAPPED up over here and time FLYS?! what to do...what to do.........:errr: :chicken: :bah: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you