+ Reply to Thread

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

The Commercial that has Europeans & Lib Americans Pissed

They both hate the truth

The new commercial for the Cadillac ELR, a fully electric vehicle, has riled some people with its unabashed American patriotism. They’re outraged that a commercial selling a car would dare to celebrate American exceptionalism. Some are calling it xenophobic. Twitter feeds erupted with anger at the arrogance and self-confidence of the American businessman portrayed in the ad. Others called it “hyper-patriotic.” They did not mean this as a compliment.

The outrage against this commercial is quite peculiar. In the Ukraine right now people are fighting and dying in order to remain Ukrainian and not to become citizens of Russia. Why shouldn’t Americans be pleased to be American?

We have this situation because the idea of loving our country is seen as arrogant by our pundit class and our education system. My children learned about the Civil War but the focus was on slavery, not the Abolitionists or the Union that fought to end it.
    http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2014/03...as-no-clothes/
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 03-10-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Re: The Commercial that has Europeans & Lib Americans Pissed

Great commercial! GM is pandering to "their" market... the financially successful, affluent American who has the self confidence to become financially successful and affluent... AND has the available money to afford their product.

It's just a commercial. It's purpose is to sell their product and draw their target market. People need to lighten up a bit.

Have you seen all the outrage on the lib blogs? Make me smile. Seems only Americans aren't "allowed" to have pride in what this nation has accomplished in its 250 years. I like the attitude of the character in this commercial. It wasn't long ago that NO American would disagree. Today, too many have accepted the Obamafication of our unique AMERICAN culture.

I kept wondering what he said at the end. It's French. Pronounced "nes pa" (isn't it so?) Yes, I know that's not how it's spelled.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Have you seen all the outrage on the lib blogs? Make me smile. Seems only Americans aren't "allowed" to have pride in what this nation has accomplished in its 250 years. I like the attitude of the character in this commercial. It wasn't long ago that NO American would disagree. Today, too many have accepted the Obamafication of our unique AMERICAN culture.

I kept wondering what he said at the end. It's French. Pronounced "nes pa" (isn't it so?) Yes, I know that's not how it's spelled.

... and he's a talented actor. While I don't recall his name I remember him from 'Band of Brothers' and a number of other films and TV mini-series.

I did Google the ad. I'm amazed at the number of links that came up! People are nuts!
    It's a confident, 'stand up and be proud' type of commercial, but still only a commercial. If hardcore libs don't like it... then all they have to do is not buy one. They can stick with their Saabs & Volvos. Simple... problem solved.

A little something I picked up in my travels... I felt it was appropriate here.

Imagine this was your job: you had to wake up every morning, read and watch what was going on in the world, and then, even if you didn’t actually feel this way — in fact, in spite of the fact that you didn’t feel this way—react with outrage about all of it.
    Increasingly, this is the life of the blogger.

http://betabeat.com/2014/02/outrage-...phony-offense/

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

so your CLAIMING that an electric VEHICLE only AFFORDABLE by the RICH or INDEBTED is the CROWN of USA achievement!? what does this HAF to do with your PRIOR post on SELFISHNESS is GOOD/BAD!? is this GOOD selfishness!? and god MUST approve we SUSPECT although i'm SURE to stay PC you will FORgo that argument!? BURN the PRIZE BULL without BLEMISH or NOT!? that IS the question for the PROPERLY INVESTED!? god and mammon wants to KNOW!? is it ALL GOOD, ...........or NOT!? :rotz: : :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I personally like the Tesla. But this is nice too.

I love Cadillacs and Electric cars and that American pride commercial.

Here's the best documentary ever made
    : (Who killed the electric car?)

If Bush and his cronies didn't give that $7500 tax credit for gas guzzling SUVS, and destroy these cars and patents, the US would NOT BE IN A DEFICIT NOW!!!!!!!!

America is a land of inventors, innoventers, creators, and marketers. It would have been a different country if Bush didn't squash this. GM too.
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-11-2014 at 09:30 AM.

not to STRAY from the TOPIC but what/where did the PHRASE PISSED come from!? i mean maybe POOPED(on) could be rememberd as a EXPRESSION of FRUSTRATION/OBJECTION from another POST possibly considerd a TERRITORIAL exclamation of a NATURAL nature if that DONT sound TOO redundant/dundat!? is it a MODERN version of PEEVED!? like some PEEVERT might DO!? and WHAT does it have to do with RAINING on 1's PARADE or is it LEG!? enquiring minds want to KNOW!? :rotz: :bah: :yelcutelaughA: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you