+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Son Of God Movie Review

I'm blown away at how people can talk about stuff that haven't experienced it. Half my friends growing up hated the USA blindly. Then when I came here OMG I fell in love. As much crap as I talk about corruption and whatnot, I'm becoming a citizen. This is Psychology 101 where these atheists are torn inside and can't risk breaking the fabric of their mental stubbornness.

See the movie, otherwise shut up!

How could I say I hated (or loved) something I couldn't touch or see? That's ridiculous!
    I've explained to these people in the past about why I seem to "hate God" with a similar response, also indicating that I cannot hate something that has no tangible proof of even existing.

As I've stated many times on this website, In reality, I can only hate the misinformation and the stupidity that arises from the utterly blind belief this myth brings up in it's followers.

If religious people were to drop all the totally unbelievable stories about God and Jesus and concentrate on the MESSAGE, this world would be a much better place.
    Gazza, that isn't going to happen, as this is their bread and butter.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

I'm blown away at how people can talk about stuff that haven't experienced it.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. This occurs quite often in folks who believe in things which have no basis in reality.

They search for something other than themselves to believe in, going on to find some cult belief system that has an explanation for their pain, or ecstasy, or their longing for something other than what this world has to offer. This 'plan' usually comes with an unbeatable offer to save them from the ultimate pain.

There they experience a false reassurance, and are won over by an emotional bond with the subject.
    In short, this experience is called stagnation.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

As much crap as I talk about corruption and whatnot, I'm becoming a citizen.
    That is great news! And thank you for following our precept of law, you know.....doing this citizenship thing by the rules of our country!
    This shows me that you are a person of integrity.

Atheists aren't torn inside.
    Some are and some are not. But if they are "torn up" inside it probably isn't because of their Atheistic beliefs being in conflict with a "God" belief.
    On the contrary, my experience of going from full-fledged Christian to Atheist was most remarkable!

I found myself completely free of the things which had no base in fact.
    When Christians have asked me about this "metanoia" of mine, I tell them not to be too quick to judge anyone, unless they've walked in their shoes.

In this case I've spent the first fifty-five years of my life on the "Christian" side, and eleven years on the Atheist side.

And I'm certain that there are Atheists who've gone over to Christianity and they'll tell you that they had a similar "good" feeling about their change, but my change was all about me going away from someone else's truth, to me finding my own truth.

Boy oh boy I can't wait for the Noah Movie thread next ::freak3::2gunsfiring_v1:

Why is your screen name Ghost Dog? You are obviously obsessed with spirits or religion. If I were you, I'd be Ghost Buster or something like that. It's seem hypocritical, but you can do what you want to do.

Son of God was a great movie, I'll say it 1000 times.
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-06-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Ohein56 I will seriously pray that God can touch your life someday and you come around. Even though I don't know you, I feel profound sadness hearing you have that void in your life.
    I appreciate the sentiment...thanks for caring, but I'm just fine.

Since coming to terms with god & the church recently, (thank you Eckhart Tolle!) I'm actually happier than I've been in years. I live a rich, full life...no need to fret for me...thanks just the same though!...:sun_smiley:

Thanks for the other movie reviews, I like a solid thread on topic.
    It happens so rarely here, doesn't it? Nice for a change, huh...

If you are an Atheist, then watch the movie. Open your mind and heart and maybe something will happen. Don't be fearful of something that you OBVIOUSLY think is false. Watch it, open your mind, then shoot holes in it afterwards here if you want. You can't comment unless you see it.
    I'm familiar with the story, I know how it ends, and I'm pretty sure how the entire movie moves along...what's the point? I already admitted I'm a movie snob...all I'd probably do is punch HUGE holes in it.:judges: I just refuse to pay good money to sit in a theater to see a film like that?!

I may watch it when it hits cable, but even then I doubt it.

I'm just not interested in the story, it's outcome, or it's players. Sorry...jbh.

Yes I am a Christian, I do hate all organized religions,
    I wouldn't use the word "hate"...almost.
    and YES the Son of God movie is awesome:judges:
    You know the story well I'd assume...what was so great about it, really?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    This was a pretty good movie. You've already judged it without seeing it.
    There's a bunch of new videos on MLM that I found recently online, care to take a thorough look? Will you watch them all and give me some feedback? I think they're awesome! Let me know...:sun_smiley:

Or...have you made up your mind about MLM 'success'?

See how that works? Do you see my point now?

You've already come to some conclusions about MLM'DS and don't feel the need for further 'enlightenment'.

I feel the same way about religion & god.

Apparently you haven't been there or done that.
    I spent years going to church...I HAVE been there, & done that.

I'm very familiar with the storyline. I was practically forced to study it. I just don't care who's interpretation of it I see any more. I'm done with it all...

First off, nobody is without sin. Sort of the point of the movie.
    So, AGAIN, been there, done that....what's new then? BFD...:blunt:
    Secondly, Jesus didn't come to minister to the righteous, he came to save the sinners.
    And the ones he can't save he burns for an eternity, cause he loves us all...I get it...sure...:1crysad:

Heaven isn't for good people, it's for forgiven people.
    What's your version of heaven, and the requirements for getting there like? As I understand Jehova's Witness BS, there's only enough room enough for 150,000 'chosen ones' or so...what does your doctrine dictate for you?

Hope you make the cut.:blunt:

As usual, religion divides people up, rather than bringing them together...:2gunsfiring_v1: like a cult...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Son Of God Movie Trailer #2

Here's the 2nd movie trailer for the Son of God:

Why is your screen name Ghost Dog?
    Because I'm black and a retired hitman, and I liked the movie...

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Because I'm black and a retired hitman, and I liked the movie...

Man, that IS one BADASS flick!

One of my favs too!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Man, that IS one BADASS flick!

One of my favs too!
    And besides, I look a lot like Forest Whitaker!

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    And besides, I look a lot like Forest Whitaker!
    NO SHAT never seen it WONDERED about your TITTELATION!? will DEAFinelately check it OUT!? any RELATION to SNOOP DOG!? :rasta: :freak3: :cwm2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

If you like that movie so much post a good review in the I LOVE category.
    This thread is for Jesus.... MY NIGGA! :

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    You have me all wrong!

I don't hate god, mostly, I abhor what men do to others in the name of god...hypocrites make me want to puke.:2gunsfiring_v1:

That's my "honest personal review"...
    That set the crickets chirping

Ohein56 I will seriously pray that God can touch your life someday and you come around. Even though I don't know you, I feel profound sadness hearing you have that void in your life.

If you are an Atheist, then watch the movie. Open your mind and heart and maybe something will happen. Don't be fearful of something that you OBVIOUSLY think is false. Watch it, open your mind, then shoot holes in it afterwards here if you want. You can't comment unless you see it.

Oh man. What void? Just because someone doesn't pray to some magic dude in the sky does not leave a void. In fact I'd say people that live in fear every day of their lives like Conserve have the void.