+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jesus would have a gun if he was here today

There's a thing I heard on Howard Stern that a ex-general of the United States Army is quoting "Jesus would have a gun if he was here today."

He quoted the bible saying he will be a soldier with a sword on a white horse. He is defending gun rights (because they didn't have guns back then).

Here's the mp3 audio clip:

Jesus Would Have A Gun MP3
    Last edited by Administrator; 02-25-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Re: Jesus would have a gun if he was here today

Do you really think that Jesus would carry a gun or a sword???

Last edited by GHOST DOG; 02-25-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

No way. That's the sarcasm. Its insane that this is an ex General in the Army, and your brothers/sisters/moms/and dads were under this maniac's control.

Jesus and God are LOVE not war and smite. This guy is insane. I have listened to Howard Stern for almost 20 years now....I love him finding the hypocrisy in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    No way. That's the sarcasm. Its insane that this is an ex General in the Army, and your brothers/sisters/moms/and dads were under this maniac's control.

Jesus and God are LOVE not war and smite. This guy is insane. I have listened to Howard Stern for almost 20 years now....I love him finding the hypocrisy in the news.
    So, are you stating that folks who carry guns and swords DON'T love others? Why so quick to cast judgement? I was in the military and my experiences of military people was that they, more than most, loved others enough to sometimes give up their life in order for their fellow soldiers and people like you to keep yours.

Guns and swords can both take life and give life. The gun and the sword have no power of their own. Their power is in the mind of those who wield them, and therefore in the intent of the person who wields them. I'm surprised that you don't know this.

Your bible states that Jesus chased the money-changers out of the temple. Its probably a good thing that he wasn't carrying, or he might have hurt someone.

Here God told Moses these words after Moses found the Israelites worshiping a false "Idol."
    Exodus 32:27

King James Version (KJV)

27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

Here is more proof of a god that would carry:

Exodus 15:3

King James Version (KJV)

3 The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

And even more "proof:"

Lamentations 2

King James Version (KJV)

2 How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!
    2 The Lord hath swallowed up all the habitations of Jacob, and hath not pitied: he hath thrown down in his wrath the strong holds of the daughter of Judah; he hath brought them down to the ground: he hath polluted the kingdom and the princes thereof.
    3 He hath cut off in his fierce anger all the horn of Israel: he hath drawn back his right hand from before the enemy, and he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire, which devoureth round about.
    4 He hath bent his bow like an enemy: he stood with his right hand as an adversary, and slew all that were pleasant to the eye in the tabernacle of the daughter of Zion: he poured out his fury like fire.
    5 The Lord was as an enemy: he hath swallowed up Israel, he hath swallowed up all her palaces: he hath destroyed his strong holds, and hath increased in the daughter of Judah mourning and lamentation.
    6 And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the Lord hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.

You can plainly see by these examples that Jesus and God didn't need guns and swords......they supposedly had lightning, fire, and just a killing word, or a pointing of their finger at their disposal.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Its not my bible. That's a storybook with an agenda. God is in your heart, Man has ruined God's intention with organized religion.

Its not my bible. That's a storybook with an agenda. God is in your heart, Man has ruined God's intention with organized religion.
    What proof do you have that god is in your heart? Is God blood? Is God tissue.....muscle?

Do you then know what God's intentions are?

Is God's "agenda" your agenda, or is your agenda God's agenda?
    Show us all and please explain, if you would.

And please feel free to address my take on military folks loving others, and their use of guns and swords.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 02-25-2014 at 11:47 AM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

For ONCE I "agree" with Ghost Dog" (I know he'll hate that). Although he's not a believer, he has a better understanding of the Scriptures than you do. But you are right. If Christ came AS HE CAME THE FIRST TIME, he would NOT own a gun. He did not come to take lives, but on a MISSION from His Father to pay the price with His blood so that some might be saved. He came to SAVE life, not TAKE life.

BUT! When He RETURNS, He will come with a sword. And He will come to RULE with a ROD OF IRON. He will send Joseph (read below my avatar) against some of the Arab nations. Joseph will be "AS A CONSUMING FIRE). Joseph will be God's instrument of vengeance against the followers of Allah who terrorized the Tribes of Israel.

And no, God does NOT live in YOUR heart. There's nothing in there but filthiness and evil. So get over yourself.

BTW, It's "If Jesus WERE Here" not "was" "learn a book" Vlad and "quit making 3rd grade grammar mistakes if you want anyone to take you seriously" Notice the quotation marks. Sound familiar?

BTW Part two. I gave this thread 5 stars. Actually a good topic -- although it doesn't include God's Chosen species, the Dinosaur
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 02-25-2014 at 07:19 PM.

For ONCE I "agree" with Ghost Dog" (I know he'll hate that).
    Nope...I don't hate either "that" or you. What is right is right, until it fails to deliver, n'est-ce pas?
    Although he's not a believer
    After fifty-five years of "believing" now I'm an "ex," and proud of the work that I've accomplished! I got me free!
    BUT! When He RETURNS, He will come with a sword. And He will come to RULE with a ROD OF IRON. He will send Joseph (read below my avatar) against some of the Arab nations. Joseph will be "AS A CONSUMING FIRE). Joseph will be God's instrument of vengeance against the followers of Allah who terrorized the Tribes of Israel.
    Easy there mister! Watch your blood pressure!

If you make every decision based on love you are enlightened and God naturally comes in.
    Very Easy.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

What is the definition of Love? Is yours the same as Jesus'? If not, I accept HIS definition, not yours.

11. 02-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Ok I will play.

Love to me is full surrender. Humbleness. A surreal warmth like a child feels for a mom or dad.
    There's no angle, no extra motives. Pure innocence and optimism.

That's MY relationship with God, not some corrupt words in a storybook (bible)

I do like singing in church.I like the idea of the community aspect of a local church, but not fixated on words of the bible....

To me its a celebration, not an obligation. I often debate with the priests after mass too. My girlfriend runs the choir and does all the music in a huge beautiful church. The priest is kinda a Maverick too. I love volunteering the socials and kids camps and fund raisers even though I despise the establishment.

Here's the analogy : "hate the war, love the troops"
    I hate the corruption, but love GOD
    Last edited by Administrator; 02-25-2014 at 08:26 PM.

If you make every decision based on love you are enlightened and God naturally comes in.
    Very Easy.
    Really? Is this your idea or did you hear this somewhere?

I make all of my decisions based in love, and it doesn't enlighten me anymore than I already feel enlightened, and I don't feel a God coming in.

How can you tell?

Ok I will play.

Love to me is full surrender. Humbleness. A surreal warmth like a child feels for a mom or dad.
    There's no angle, no extra motives. Pure innocence and optimism.

That's MY relationship with God, not some corrupt words in a storybook (bible)

I do like singing in church.I like the idea of the community aspect of a local church, but not fixated on words of the bible....

To me its a celebration, not an obligation. I often debate with the priests after mass too. My girlfriend runs the choir and does all the music in a huge beautiful church. The priest is kinda a Maverick too. I love volunteering the socials and kids camps and fund raisers even though I despise the establishment.

Here's the analogy : "hate the war, love the troops"
    I hate the corruption, but love GOD
    Which form of love do you speak of?

The ancient Greeks had four types:

Love to me is full surrender
    "Eros" is one type. Sex.

Humbleness
    Sorry. Humility isn't love. Besides think about it...the truly humble don't know that they are humble...they feel nothing.

A surreal warmth like a child feels for a mom or dad.
    That would be "Pia," the love between a child and it's parents.

Pure innocence and optimism.
    Innocence is the emotions that a person in a child-like state would feel, as guilt rules the adult world. Optimism isn't associated with love. Its tied mostly to human outlooks and events.

That's MY relationship with God
    No. Thats your relationship with the portion of your emotional center that causes you to think that you're in touch with a God.

Its a delusion thats very much akin to self-hypnosis.

You like to sing. Thats good. Not love, but can be generated by some forms of love. And you like fellowship. That would be the third form of love, called Philios, or brotherly love.

I love volunteering the socials and kids camps and fund raisers even though I despise the establishment.
    Question: Do you volunteer only for the sake of the children, or do you also get some sort of good feeling out of doing this work?

Had these children been replaced by murders, thieves, scoundrels, etc. and you sincerely loved them, doing all for them and giving them what they required, this is called Agape love...loving the unlovable, giving to the undeserving.

Heres the rub....when you give to anyone, you are effectively taking away their right to get it for themselves. Possibly robbing them of a chance to have a victory in their life. Subliminally, you are telling them "You aren't good enough to get it for yourself, so I will do it."

When you volunteer to help, you are getting a payoff inside of yourself for your helping others. If this is the main motivator in your decisions to help, then it is selfish in intent.

Not wrong, but think about this the next time you decide to help someone.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 02-25-2014 at 10:17 PM.

I will pray for you both. I feel light, you guys are angry and heavy with despair and doubt.
    My spirituality is LITERALLY the only thing I have no doubt and makes me super happy.
    You guys overthink everything.

I meditate twice a day and over the past 3 years I have a personal relationship with God.
    There's too much mental stimulation in the world, you need to reset the brain.

Say what you want, it doesn't get to me.

I feel light, you guys are angry and heavy with despair and doubt.
    I beg your pardon....how do you know how I feel? You are like the blue man whose eyes see everything as blue, and tell everyone that they are blue, when the're not. IOW, you color your experiences with your Christian bias.

You only think you know how I feel, measuring your present feelings with your past feelings of heaviness, despair, and doubt.

My spirituality is LITERALLY the only thing I have no doubt and makes me super happy.
    You guys overthink everything.
    Why can't YOU make YOU happy? Yes......emotions (ECCENTRIC motions, no doubt) while apparently you "under-think" everything...

Do you make a lot of important-like money decisions based ONLY on your E-motions?

Good luck with that! But then you may want to be consistent....and broke.

I meditate twice a day and over the past 3 years I have a personal relationship with God.
    Good for you! I also meditate as self-hypnosis is extremely stimulating and good for the mental functions. But I never ran into a God while I was meditating.

There's too much mental stimulation in the world, you need to reset the brain
    How wrong could anyone be? Theres not enough of the proper "mental stimulation" in the world. I've a feeling that what you call mental stimulation and what I call mental stimulation are two completely different things, Mr. X-box 360!

Here's a great Jesus video I want to revive: