+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Biblical Incongruities

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    OH yah i remember that 1 now dont know how it turned out!? but i would add that like any other learned action if repetitive in nature 1 can do it in their sleep so to speak!? also the word walk you are taking literally while it may only mean direction!? direction meaning just that, our mind gives us directions!? mind is a MULTIPLE ENTITY i am saying!? and i am supposing that faith is just trusting in whatever mind decisions we make!? is faith literally the ABILITY to trust completely!? and this a quality ONLY associated/attributed with god the creator!? in another sense we are debating the idea of faith as learned over time vs instantaneous knowledge!? :chicken: : :spin2:
    I propose, and have evidence for this proof in my text above relating to observation and experience being more important than faith.

The only real workable, genuine faith in existence is the faith we instill into ourselves after we personally perform a full investigation into the subject we choose to have faith in...testing every parameter that the chosen subject displays. And yet, there may still be a tiny element of the unknown about the tested subject.

If the subject is not testable, you cannot have authentic faith in it. On said subject, if you claim to have a total faith in it, without performing the implied tests of the subject, you have only a belief about the subject's viability, and nothing more!

Furthermore, if the subject in question continually, and habitually breaks natural law, it sets itself totally and inextricably apart from reality, adding to it's worthlessness as a metaphor for the human experience.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    I propose, and have evidence for this proof in my text above relating to observation and experience being more important than faith.

The only real workable, genuine faith in existence is the faith we instill into ourselves after we personally perform a full investigation into the subject we choose to have faith in...testing every parameter that the chosen subject displays. And yet, there may still be a tiny element of the unknown about the tested subject.

If the subject is not testable, you cannot have authentic faith in it. On said subject, if you claim to have a total faith in it, without performing the implied tests of the subject, you have only a belief about the subject's viability, and nothing more!

Furthermore, if the subject in question continually, and habitually breaks natural law, it sets itself totally and inextricably apart from reality, adding to it's worthlessness as a metaphor for the human experience.
    i think what you are arguing is that most people who TALK faith do so FALSELY in the sense they have never actually DONE something but just "believe" they can or it is POSSIBLE!? when i watched FEAR FACTOR the way the contestants BRAGGED before the tests how well they could do then totally failed!? SAME THING if you ask me!? i meant you CAN know something without ANY prior EXPOSURE which is usually referred to as INTUITION!? you can also FOOL your self with POSITIVE WISHING you might say!? but you seem so adamant about your attitude it's as if you find the idea of faith is so abused it MUST be STAMPED OUT!? as if it is just an EXCUSE for NOT TRYING or NO performing or NOT doing LOGICAL acts of social/business participation!? i think i am now linking this to the ayn rand IDEAS although i have not finished checking her stuff out again!? : :crazy1: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

i think what you are arguing is that most people who TALK faith do so FALSELY in the sense they have never actually DONE something but just "believe" they can or it is POSSIBLE!?
    The people that you are talking about only feel that they have faith, from what they are told by the Christian religious leaders.

And they've never performed an unbiased examination against reality to find out that they really do not have the faith that they thought that they had....In reality, they only have a hard-headed, unswerving belief that will not stand up to the simplest scrutiny.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    The people that you are talking about only feel that they have faith, from what they are told by the Christian religious leaders.

And they've never performed an unbiased examination against reality to find out that they really do not have the faith that they thought that they had....In reality, they only have a hard-headed, unswerving belief that will not stand up to the simplest scrutiny.
    SIMPLE scrutiny!? what about COMPLEX scrutiny!? what's the diff between SCRUtiny and MUTiny!? does the former, AUTO lead to the LATTER!? .............................................SHUT UP AND DRIVE?! :bah: : :crazy1: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you