View Poll Results: Does God know what lust feels like?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 66.67%
  • No

2 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does God know what lust feels like?

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Have you ever wondered why most of the folks that get their stuff proved wrong never come back to try to address the replies that proved them wrong?
    When your entire argument is based on your own (or your congregation's) interpretation of an old book it's hard to argue for long.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    When your entire argument is based on your own (or your congregation's) interpretation of an old book it's hard to argue for long.
    They may think that folks like me and you are really the devil. So they must resist to the full extent of their faith. Thats exactly what I was taught growing up in the Catholic church.

Anyway, enjoy this little piece by one of the all-time greats. My man, Georgie Carlin. He had religion's number!

http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

They may think that folks like me and you are really the devil. So they must resist to the full extent of their faith. Thats exactly what I was taught growing up in the Catholic church.

Anyway, enjoy this little piece by one of the all-time greats. My man, Georgie Carlin. He had religion's number!

http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htm
    The man was a genius.

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

The man was a genius.
    GC was a PAID CARNIVAL entertainer not a SAINT as you IMAGINE him!? GENIUS!? give me a BREAK!? i mean WHAT does it TAKE to be a GENIUS in ENTERTAINMENT!? what was his SELLING point anyway!? what is ANY entertainers SELLING point!? get along little doggies get along!? and i'm NOT sayin that's a BAD thang in itself!? unless.......there is NOTHING better to FOLLOW up WITH!? i mean the BUSINESS of life is about "WHAT" is it all about FOLLOW UP!? for WHAT underLYING purpose is the QUESTION!? IF asked along the WAY of things!? :liefde: : :judges: :king22:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    GC was a PAID CARNIVAL entertainer not a SAINT as you IMAGINE him!? GENIUS!? give me a BREAK!? i mean WHAT does it TAKE to be a GENIUS in ENTERTAINMENT!? what was his SELLING point anyway!? what is ANY entertainers SELLING point!? get along little doggies get along!? and i'm NOT sayin that's a BAD thang in itself!? unless.......there is NOTHING better to FOLLOW up WITH!? i mean the BUSINESS of life is about "WHAT" is it all about FOLLOW UP!? for WHAT underLYING purpose is the QUESTION!? IF asked along the WAY of things!? :liefde: : :judges: :king22:
    Saint. LOL. He was far from a saint. I consider most successful comedians to be somewhat genius. Like a novelist, song writer or even software developer they create a living from thin air. I think if i had started in the sixties, lived like he did and never had a real job I'd call that pretty smart.

He did however get a little bitter for my tastes his last few years.

Saint. LOL. He was far from a saint. I consider most successful comedians to be somewhat genius. Like a novelist, song writer or even software developer they create a living from thin air. I think if i had started in the sixties, lived like he did and never had a real job I'd call that pretty smart.

He did however get a little bitter for my tastes his last few years.
    Carlin, as with most folks you'd want to be associated with, wasn't a saint, not did he or any other clear-thinking person ever want to become one.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Carlin, as with most folks you'd want to be associated with, wasn't a saint, not did he or any other clear-thinking person ever want to become one.
    i'm not sure how 1 would define clear thinkin but THAT in ITSELF might be a form of saintlyness or at least the RIGHT potential!? : :crazy1: :spin2: :sun_smiley:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Reminds me of this:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/60sec.../ccwkpoopy.mp3

Word to the wise.....swallow your milk before listening. :spin2:
    WOW!!!

Where & how did you find that?!

Good thing I swallowed my milk before listening...!!

Good grief!!!

Religious zealots are effin C-R-A-Z-Y!!!:crazy1:

Strike that!

I found it...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.
    Makes perfect sense now!
    Last edited by ohein56; 03-15-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Oh Allah you guys really are retarded. I thought EVERYBODY knew Landover was a PARODY site maintained by a guy not much different than you. It's his caricature of how he sees "Christianity."

You guys believe you're the "smart" ones :yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA:

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    WOW!!!

Where & how did you find that?!

Good thing I swallowed my milk before listening...!!

Good grief!!!

Religious zealots are effin C-R-A-Z-Y!!!:crazy1:

Strike that!

I found it...

Makes perfect sense now!

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Oh Allah you guys really are retarded. I thought EVERYBODY knew Landover was a PARODY site maintained by a guy not much different than you. It's his caricature of how he sees "Christianity."

You guys believe you're the "smart" ones :yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA:

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a satire of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church

So if it's a PARODY, are YOU included in that PREMISE!? and.........are YOU the BEST judge of sucha THANG or is it made APPARENT by any DETRACTORS of REASONABLE cause/inference you might say!?and let US not DENY the MANY ways of REASON besides the THOUGHT BLANKET of the SUBSERVIENCE proposed by the WISHFUL thinkers/PRIESTS of LOST hope!? the pyramid SCAM of the CARNIVAL players of the NEW AGE christianity!? are YOU really FREE of this WORLD or NOT!? okj......sorry for being so PRESSING if you will but that is WHAT i detect from YOU so BACK at CHA CHA CHA!? and THANKS for the FORCE you have given ME to DO so!? so it AINt a LOST cause AFTER ALL have been INCLUDED!? the BIBLICAL wish/ideal or NOT!? :rryumy: : :crazy1: :

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

Too funny...interesting, revealing TELL...

You thought ..."everybody knew Landover was a parody site"?

Is that really how your mind works?

Not surprising...

The narrower the mind, the broader the statement.

~ Ted Cook
    Also, why no response here yet? You posted this on 3/16, and have responded elsewhere to other posts, but left this one hanging?!

What's the matter...stumped & embarrassed, again?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I think I misread you, but are you for or against religion? At an early post, I thought you were a man of GOD THE GLORIOUS! (I had to stress that in capitals, because ironically, I was getting sick of seeing/hearing people say that.)

Then I saw your other posts and you seem not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybutnotfangless View Post
    I think I misread you, but are you for or against religion? At an early post, I thought you were a man of GOD THE GLORIOUS! (I had to stress that in capitals, because ironically, I was getting sick of seeing/hearing people say that.)

Then I saw your other posts and you seem not to be.
    Most of my history has been lost on here. I'm all for people testing everything that they would believe in. If it cannot be tested against reality, without any bias, it is then falsely assumed.

In my opinion wrought from my experiences as a past believer, most people assume too much of other people's beliefs on trust only as it is either too difficult to find their own truth, or never contemplated because of the false sense of security found in someone else's "comforting" belief system.

Lust is a sin. God cannot sin. That is all.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    Lust is a sin. God cannot sin. That is all.
    So God can't get a boner ?

That must really suck......