+ Reply to Thread

Creationists, let's talk

Since the Bible is full of actual science about how things work i thought that Genesis 30:37 to 43 would be fun.

Background. Jacobs uncle promised him all the spotted, stripped and black goats, sheep and lambs. So in order to get more of those he did what anyone would do and had them mate in front of white sticks. We all know any animal that mates in front of white sticks will be spotted, streaked or black right? I mean we still do that today right?

Did I take this out of context?

37 Then Jacob took fresh sticks of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white streaks in them, exposing the white of the sticks. 38 He set the sticks that he had peeled in front of the flocks in the troughs, that is, the watering places, where the flocks came to drink. And since they bred when they came to drink, 39 the flocks bred in front of the sticks and so the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted. 40 And Jacob separated the lambs and set the faces of the flocks toward the striped and all the black in the flock of Laban. He put his own droves apart and did not put them with Laban's flock. 41 Whenever the stronger of the flock were breeding, Jacob would lay the sticks in the troughs before the eyes of the flock, that they might breed among the sticks, 42 but for the feebler of the flock he would not lay them there. So the feebler would be Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's. 43 Thus the man increased greatly and had large flocks, female servants and male servants, and camels and donkeys.

Of course all this happened after 7 years of work to get his cousin as a wife. He was tricked into the fat one and worked another 7 years to get the Kate Upton one.

Re: Creationists, let's talk

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Since the Bible is full of actual science about how things work i thought that Genesis 30:37 to 43 would be fun.

Background. Jacobs uncle promised him all the spotted, stripped and black goats, sheep and lambs. So in order to get more of those he did what anyone would do and had them mate in front of white sticks. We all know any animal that mates in front of white sticks will be spotted, streaked or black right? I mean we still do that today right?

Did I take this out of context?

Of course all this happened after 7 years of work to get his cousin as a wife. He was tricked into the fat one and worked another 7 years to get the Kate Upton one.
    you SURE this all didn't happen somewhere in ALABAMA few yrs back!? :rotz: : :crazy1: :yelcutelaughA:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    you SURE this all didn't happen somewhere in ALABAMA few yrs back!? :rotz: : :crazy1: :yelcutelaughA:
    I said white STICKS not hicks

I said white STICKS not hicks
    OH HEY, sorry i thought they were the SAME THING.............................DEVILS in the details THEY say!? : :crazy1: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Assuming, of course, that folks from Alabama mate with the opposite sex!

ing1: :nervouss: :rryumy: :cwm2:

MUST be a LAW by now ...........................yu'd think!? : :chicken: :crazy1: :judges:
    Last edited by lexx; 02-25-2014 at 10:32 PM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Assuming, of course, that folks from Alabama mate with the opposite sex!

ing1: :nervouss: :rryumy: :cwm2:

Libs are the ones who always claim to be comfortable with homosexuality, but you're always the ones who insult someone with homosexual references. Libs are only interested in destroying traditional culture. The best method is to approve of every deviant behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Libs are the ones who always claim to be comfortable with homosexuality, but you're always the ones who insult someone with homosexual references. Libs are only interested in destroying traditional culture. The best method is to approve of every deviant behaviour.

Does every joke have to be reduced to political hatred?

Does every joke have to be reduced to political hatred?
    When you just an angry guy, nothings funny.....
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    When you just an angry guy, nothings funny.....
    is life SUPPOSED ta be FUN/FUNNY!? so if ANGER is the ONLY issue to ADDRESS why is THAT not happening on a SCALE that pre-vents it from taking FIRM root you might say!? does AYN even give SPEAK to this condition or just rush to escape by some conjured plan born of SINGLE inspiration in some act of efficiency and HOPE!? :rotz: : :crazy1: :judges:

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

Yep, "traditional culture" must be defended...please...

C.O.Y.O.T.E....:judges:

Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish—a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow—to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested . . . Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll.

~ Hunter S. Thompson
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Yep, "traditional culture" must be defended...please...

C.O.Y.O.T.E....:judges:

Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish—a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow—to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested . . . Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll.

~ Hunter S. Thompson
    You know... for a guy that can't do math for shot, you're pretty well read.

You know... for a guy that can't do math for shot, you're pretty well read.
    Thanks, I think there was a compliment in there, somewhere...;-)
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Thanks, I think there was a compliment in there, somewhere...;-)
    There was. I however refuse to post a link as proof.

I won't hold you to it either...Eh, well, there's more to life than being a math whizz I guess...:sun_smiley:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

so HAHA, you ADMIT there is a MYSTERY that NEEDS no EXPLANATION but CAN be UNDERSTOOD!? i am currently watching PETER KREEFT on youtube way better than that HAM guy........but i DO think he could USE my help in some areas!?