+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's your opinion on the LOUD MUSIC trial ?

Day 3 in the "Loud Music" trial. Michael Dunn says he fired his gun in self defense. The opinions on the loud music issue are going to be like the Trevon Martin case. They are doing jury deliberations now.
    • Dunnís legal fate should turn on particular facts, not ideology.
    • Based on those facts, Dunn clearly and unnecessarily precipitated the violence, whatever verdict the jury reaches.
    • However the Dunn case turns out, Florida and other states need to rethink their stand-your-ground laws.The Dunn case underscores the unavoidable racial subtext of stand-your-ground.
    Given American history, unease about racial differences is inevitable. Disliking hip-hop or resenting rude behavior by a group of teenagers seems perfectly reasonable. Reaching for a semiautomatic handgun does not. As stand-your-ground has become the justification for deaths such as those of Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis, the law undermines decades of hard-earned progress on civil rights. Source

I think a band I listen to can sum it up in 7 words:
    Last edited by Administrator; 02-14-2014 at 09:50 AM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Re: What's your opinion on the LOUD MUSIC trial ?

Its not the same at all. I trust the jury.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds User Rank

That is easily done in Florida.
    Last edited by Administrator; 02-15-2014 at 01:32 PM.

It is sad nonetheless.:cwm2:

yah, if ANYTHING i would like to BLAST the EQUIPMENT (large speakers) with a 12 gauge but NOT the LISTENERS!? i would get a kick seeing the EXPRESSION on their faces!? :2gunsfiring_v1: :yelcutelaughA: : :elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

What I meant about the Zimmerman trial is the "OJ SIMPSON" "COURT TV" aspect of the case being focused on in the media. It's every 1/2 hr on cnn and fox...so burnt out.

If anyone knows where to watch all the original OJ Simpson case from Court TV, I would owe you a solid. I want to watch the whole case ....pretty please.

Wish there was a 4 disk dvd.:rryumy:

Dunn is white
    Dunn is a typical white Fox News viewer

guessing Mike Huckabee will "eduacate" us on how Dunn was "doing God's work"

So how will shooting a thug affect other thugs and their need to disturb the peace of the neighborhood? Will it make them think twice before polluting the neighborhood with their vulgar "music" or are they too stupid to be affected by the possibility that someone might e bothered enough to put a bullet in their head? I believe they're too stupid and their need to piss off decent folks will override the little sense they may have.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 02-15-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    So how will shooting a thug affect other thugs and their need to disturb the peace of the neighborhood? Will it make them think twice before polluting the neighborhood with their vulgar "music" or are they too stupid to be affected by the possibility that someone might e bothered enough to put a bullet in their head? I believe they're too stupid and their need to piss off decent folks will override the little sense they may have.

So is this particular brand of justice only reserved for people of black skin color? Or can a black person go out and shoot a white guy for doing something that offends him?

and we should all avoid doing something that might possibly offend someone because they might shoot or try to intimidate us with a gun? Playing the wrong type of music, protesting the wrong thing, having the wrong opinion, Driving slow in traffic.

So......Where do you want your jack boots, and lynching rope delivered.

What now you are all quite?

You thought shooting a bunch of teens in a convenience store parking lot was a to be a warning to other "thugs" playing music you don't like.

Now you have nothing to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    What now you are all quite?

You thought shooting a bunch of teens in a convenience store parking lot was a to be a warning to other "thugs" playing music you don't like.

Now you have nothing to say?
    I don't often read your posts. Did you make some great point? No, shooting arrogant "kids" (they're always "kids" aren't they), will always bring trouble to otherwise decent folks.

But, the point I was making, is that IF a bunch of "kids" (aka black thugs) are known to come up behind you and hit you in the back of the head for "sport", wise whites have the sense to avoid those situations.

I see no evidence that these "kids" have the sense to avoid pissing off "da hood" after the verdict. Smart people would, but have you seen these "kids"?

I don't often read your posts. Did you make some great point? No, shooting arrogant "kids" (they're always "kids" aren't they), will always bring trouble to otherwise decent folks.

But, the point I was making, is that IF a bunch of "kids" (aka black thugs) are known to come up behind you and hit you in the back of the head for "sport", wise whites have the sense to avoid those situations.

I see no evidence that these "kids" have the sense to avoid pissing off "da hood" after the verdict. Smart people would, but have you seen these "kids"?

Yes and you see every black male as nothing more than a thug or something from Judge Judy. (you are not helping your point)

If you like the word kid can use the word Teen, maybe we should use the word Highschooler. How about PERSON. Deserving of equal rights and equal treatment. Does the logic change when a 45 year old opens fire on a group of high school students. Or maybe I'm just old and see everyone who is still in school as a kid.

Or maybe it's just that you care more about the race of the person the people involved. Because I'm damn sure you'd be saying something entirely different if a Black adult (excuse me thug) opened fire on a bunch of white people (I mean kids) for playing there music too loudly in a parking lot.

Who knew that playing music in a parking lot could be so dangerous. However, you say they should have known better, than to act like white teenagers playing loud music and disrespecting there elders. I have some down the street from me every week. Maybe I should shoot them as a warning to other "white thugs" not to play there music to loud. Or would that be a bad thing in your eyes?

In this Conserve is why you don't usually read my posts. I just don't leave you with a leg to stand on.

...Will it make them think twice before polluting the neighborhood with their vulgar "music" ...
    Way back when... I was taking a music appreciation class when I attended college. One thing I learned that has stuck with me was one of the definitions of music we were taught. To paraphrase: 'Music is art in time.' In other words, it is played for a time then it is no more... until it is played again.

Art is purely subjective. One person may hate it while another loves it. My dislike of your chosen art does not make me 'right' and you 'wrong' or me 'moral' and you 'immoral'. All it means is that we have different tastes in art.

One thing that I have observed as well is that opinions change over time. For example:

My whole point is that one's choice of music is not justification for conflict.

Why is this so super fast? This thing is seriously on the fast track.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Why is this so super fast? This thing is seriously on the fast track.
    More likely it wasn't on the slow track.

The NRA partially funded the Martin trial and no doubt drew it out with experts delays.

And in reality the Zimmerman trail would have taken less time than this had it actually gone to trial in the fist place.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post

In this Conserve is why you don't usually read my posts. I just don't leave you with a leg to stand on.
    :yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA:

Yeah, that's it. I'm dazzled by your brilliance!