+ Reply to Thread

Embassies corruption to obtain visa?

Hi, I am going to plan a trip to invite my Ukrainian gf to Europe. She went to local agencies, who told her that they could have a strong influence on obtaining the tourist visa, with money kickbacks and bribes to the embassy.
    BS or not? I know Ukraine is madly full of corruption, but can it goes until the embassies?

Re: Embassies corruption to obtain visa?

Quote Originally Posted by JDzen View Post
    Hi, I am going to plan a trip to invite my Ukrainian gf to Europe. She went to local agencies, who told her that they could have a strong influence on obtaining the tourist visa, with money kickbacks and bribes to the embassy.
    BS or not? I know Ukraine is madly full of corruption, but can it goes until the embassies?
    I am no expert for INS in this country nor for any other country, but I have heard from past news reports that embassies can be corrupt and be bribed.

You are correct that there's corruption in Ukraine but visas are issued by foreign Embassies

I do not think that officer of foreign Embassy will take a risk to earn extra hundred bucks and ready to spend few years in prison to earn few hundred dollars. Therefore I do not think that it's truth.

I think the lier is not travel agency but your friend because travel agency does not take money for visa. They take money for visa support and do not guarantee positive results because they are not available to influent on officers of Embassy.
    Private Detective Odessa Ukraine.
    Background Checks, surveillance, scam investigations. www.investigator-ukraine.com

I am deepy concerned that you might be involved in another type of fraud or scam here. Your girlfriend, have you met her in person before or talked by phone? OR have you only cooresponded via email, maybe chat?

Have you googled her email address or emails? Have you checked other scam warning sites? Have you checked her photos against photo-verification sites?

While I understand that you probably have deep feelings for this person, no one wants to see you get scammed. Asking for money for travel fees via Western Union or moneygram is a classic move for a romance scammer. The travel never takes place as sick relatives and emergencies crop up and more money is needed for new visas and bribes.

I could guess that your girlfiend is working with a travel agent? A best friend perhaps? That person demands cash for the travel documents as checks are difficult to cash?

Please do some more investigating and googling before sending anything. Check out that countries visa requirements, verify everything independently and do not be rushed. Being in a hurry is never a good idea.

Ask at the site in my siggy line, your girlfriend could be the real deal or a scammer and someone there might be able to help you figure that out.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Say your girl that you are in contact with Ukraine based travel agency and you'll pay to travel agency all travel expenses. Say, that travel agency will organize foreign passport obtaining, visa support procedure, tickets and even English lessons courses etc. This way the girl will understand that she'll not get even dollar from you. Such amateur scammers disappear once they understand that you'll not send them money. But if the person is not scammer she'll be ready to deal with travel agency.
    Private Detective Odessa Ukraine.
    Background Checks, surveillance, scam investigations. www.investigator-ukraine.com