+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

debit.servus is offline No more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free. User Rank

Religious books are just old Storybooks

I love laughing at these religious claims of end of days, non-existent deities, sky fairies, and outside gods. Religious books are storybooks written from accounts of event's retold and rewritten many times over. There was a global flood at one point on Planet Earth (Gaia), and every holy storybook has some account of some flood event. Consciousness is god, everything in the universe has some sort of consciousness; plants, animals, humans, planets, stars, etc. There are no outside gods or deities. We has human beings have consciousness and a light presence on Earth in the physical realm. Every one of us has equal power, religions are to mislead people and control the masses. Religious books are storybooks based on fiction. Religions have the oldest science-fiction following in existence.

Storybook titles:

End of Times: 2014 Edition
    Salvation is Imminent: 2014 Edition
    Jesus Returns with friends Santa Claus & The Easter Bunny!
    Judgement Day: 2014 Edition
    Curious George and the Pastors Mansion
    Rapture: Revised for 2014

Revised Titles of Religious Storybooks.
    The Holy Bullshit
    The Bullshit of Mormon
    The Kowdung (Koran)

"Cause there is no humpty-dumpty, and there is no god"
    Last edited by debit.servus; 02-12-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Re: Religious books are just old Storybooks

Quote Originally Posted by debit.servus View Post
    I love laughing at these religious claims of end of days, non-existent deities, sky fairies, and outside gods. Religious books are storybooks written from accounts of event's retold and rewritten many times over. There was a global flood at one point on Planet Earth (Gaia), and every holy storybook has some account of some flood event. Consciousness is god, everything in the universe has some sort of consciousness; plants, animals, humans, planets, stars, etc. There are no outside gods or deities. We has human beings have consciousness and a light presence on Earth in the physical realm. Every one of us has equal power, religions are to mislead people and control the masses. Religious books are storybooks based on fiction. Religions have the oldest science-fiction following in existence.

Storybook titles:

The Holy Bullshit
    The Bullshit of Mormon
    The Kowdung (Koran)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

I somewhat agree, but with reservations. Bible stories about God and the J E Ws are difficult to believe based on myths, legends, or fanciful ideas. How did they make it up, and so convincingly that they've been persecuted for thousands of years? It seems logical that not one wants to die for being God's chosen people. Did they have death wishes? Then there's Israel, how did that come about without divine intervention. If you recall, throughout the Old Testament the prophets keep promising a homeland, and then it happened!

It seems incredible that so much has happened around Israel. It couldn't just be a fluke, or the result of some weird prophets of yesteryear.
    Last edited by Cnance; 02-12-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I somewhat agree, but with reservations. Bible stories about God and the J E Ws are difficult to believe based on myths, legends, or fanciful ideas. How did they make it up, and so convincingly that they've been persecuted for thousands of years? It seems logical that not one wants to die for being God's chosen people. Did they have death wishes? Then there's Israel, how did that come about without divine intervention. If you recall, throughout the Old Testament the prophets keep promising a homeland, and then it happened!

It seems incredible that so much has happened around Israel. It couldn't just be a fluke, or the result of some weird prophets of yesteryear.
    I don't think persecution comes from there stories but for the fact they occupy an important land. That and being good merchants and money handlers they were the objects of scorn.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I don't think persecution comes from there stories but for the fact they occupy an important land. That and being good merchants and money handlers they were the objects of scorn.
    If you get a chance read A Short History of the J E Wish People by Raymond P. Scheindlin. It points out that most persecution has been because of their religion. It is uncanny how many nations have discriminated: Spain, Portugal, England, Germany, and the list goes on and on. Why them, why not other religious groups? Mostly, they became merchants and money lenders because their land was confiscated and in most nations they were denied property rights.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Indeed.

If I may be so bold as to suggest that persecution in Europe was by the hand of Christians, and condoned their Church and governments.

As you know, J E Ws are no better at being a merchant or handling money, than anyone else.

The Christian church disallowed banking by Christians, this law did not apply to J E Ws, therefore Christians (and the Church) conveniently skirted the letter of the law and used J E Ws as their bankers.

The scorn was two fold:
    1) That they did not follow church law, and
    2) They, via family throughout Europe, were able to facilitate trade for their clients and make money.

There is nothing magical, nor do the Hebrews have any 'special powers' concerning money.

(But they can be a cheap )

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHâ„¢

Quote Originally Posted by debit.servus View Post

Storybook titles:

The Holy Bullshit
    The Bullshit of Mormon
    The Kowdung (Koran)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

are you SURE!? so are there any NEW story books that we can claim are INSPIRED by the creator!? i mean surely he has not GIVEN up on US yet!? has the VENUE changed with the TIMES!? are the VISUAL arts like the MOVIES his NEWEST and most EFFECTIVE tool!? but still in ALL fairness it's according to the EYE of the BE-HOLDER!? what I BE i tend to SEE!? i'm a VICTIM of my OWN INNER MOVIE/DREAM!? whether it plays WELL or NOT, has SCIENCE found the CURE/CONSOLATION YET!? and if it HAS does THAT play well AFIELD of economics and REAL RUBBER ROAD life!? :nervouss: :rotz: :bah: :chicken:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I agree with the thread poster/starter. They are stories told around the campfire, Noah is one example. Great information.:judges:

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Atheists are the most arrogant and closed minded people I know. And they wonder why there is no conversation/debate

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I agree with the thread poster/starter. They are stories told around the campfire, Noah is one example. Great information.:judges:
    So it never happened? It's all a lie?

I think alot of the bible is and alot isn't. Many of these things were passed down verbally at the campfires and you know that can go. Things get exaggerated, added, etc. Say one sentence to someone and have them pass it on to 20 people and see what you end up with.

It's not the literal words, its the end message, like the 'moral of the story is.....'
    It's about faith and God, you can shoot holes in the bible scientifically, historically, and even spiritually. There's one side that says an "Eye for an Eye", then New Testament says "Turn the other cheek" ......there's tons of examples like that.

So use the Bible and religious books as guides to teach morality to children to help mold them into a strong ethical person that loves God and appreciates what He gave us:judges:

In the movie the animals are guided to his ship. Like God hypnotized them. As a Christian I have a hard time with Adam and Eve and Noah stories. It's easy to shoot holes in it.

But think of it like this: (he's my theories)

Adam and Eve: There were multiple Adams and Eves across continents. The whole inbreeding issue, two people populating the Earth can't be possible. We'd all be mongoloids.

Noah: God maybe destroyed a part of the Earth. Again inbreeding, not possible.

Jesus's Resurrection: Maybe he didn't rise from the dead from the tomb, it was HIS SPIRIT that rose to Heaven, I don't know. Don't care. Either way I get both explanations.

As I said before these are stories to help build faith, don't instill doubt. The bible is like swiss cheese. It's not actually cheese, but metaphorically there's alot of holes in it. If you understand that then it is what it is. I don't focusing on the details...I understand the moral of the stories and firmly believe in God and Jesus, its the ONLY soothing thing in my life aside from my family. Make every single decision based on positive love and you're set for life.
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-08-2014 at 06:43 AM.

"As a Christian" you believe Jesus is the LITERAL Son of God whose death was necessary to pay the price for your sins? Sin REQUIRES a blood sacrifice. This is a basic belief that separates Christianity from the others. It is a BASIC definition to anyone calling themselves "Christian."

The point is, JESUS validated the "story" of Noah (AND Adam & Eve). IF you believe He was/is the Son of God, and WITNESSED these events, to reject them is to call Him a LIAR. IF you call yourself "Christian" but you reject HIS words, then YOU are a LIAR. It's all that simple.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 03-08-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Atheists are the most arrogant and closed minded people I know. And they wonder why there is no conversation/debate

You probably think that even the Atheists that have been devout Christians for more than fifty-five years, and found that after serious inspection of their beliefs they've been believing in falsehoods are also closed-minded.

Well, I was closed-minded for my first fifty-five years.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

I'm still working on my arrogance. Its a holdover from my old Christian days.....you know.....thinking that I had found truth in all that shows to be unreasonable, and "faith-based."
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 03-08-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    He got you there, Vlad!

Say 3 Hail Marys & thrash yourself with a switch made from a juniper bush.

The point is, you cannot pick and choose what parts you want to believe. They either stand or fall together.

"As a Christian" you believe Jesus is the LITERAL Son of God whose death was necessary to pay the price for your sins? Sin REQUIRES a blood sacrifice. This is a basic belief that separates Christianity from the others. It is a BASIC definition to anyone calling themselves "Christian."

The point is, JESUS validated the "story" of Noah (AND Adam & Eve). IF you believe He was/is the Son of God, and WITNESSED these events, to reject them is to call Him a LIAR. IF you call yourself "Christian" but you reject HIS words, then YOU are a LIAR. It's all that simple.
    A good Christian should know the truth about Jesus, not fabricated stories. I don't reject Jesus (God). I reject those Hollywood hype writers who wrote fantasy stories about Jesus. Look at the facts. Matthew and Luke copied material from Mark; John, without evidence, made up fanciful tales about Jesus. None of those authors were eyewitnesses. Furthermore, they were Greeks, we think, their real names are unknown, but they wrote in Creek. And apparently, according to their own accounts, they never even visited holy land areas written about. I suggest you read books by Bart D Ehrman, a biblical historian and scholar. So, because of phony gospel stories, we don't know much about Jesus (God).