+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: End of Times!?

End of Times!?

With all of the weird weather we're having and general global turmoil, just wondering if any of the religious folks here are caught up in the "End of Times" propaganda? Are these the last days, according to prophecy?

Are you looking forward to seeing us 'sinners' burn in endless lakes of fire for a thousand years or more?

My Mother heard the same stories when she was a child...?

Just wondering...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Re: End of Times!?

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    With all of the weird weather we're having and general global turmoil, just wondering if any of the religious folks here are caught up in the "End of Times" propaganda? Are these the last days, according to prophecy?

Are you looking forward to seeing us 'sinners' burn in endless lakes of fire for a thousand years or more?

My Mother heard the same stories when she was a child...?

Just wondering...
    No, don't believe in end of times prophecy. If it is written by a religious nut is must be wrong. I do think however we are coming to the end, but not to punish sinners or to fulfill religious leaders prophecies. I believe since God's time with his chosen people (Bible), He's assumed policy of nonintervention. So, it may happen without God interfering. Weather goes wild, earthquakes happened, a solar flare disrupts everything, an asteroid hits earth causing death and destruction, or it could be from a nuclear war. I am inclined to think it will happen from a nuclear war. The West can't seem to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    No, don't believe in end of times prophecy. If it is written by a religious nut is must be wrong. I do think however we are coming to the end, but not to punish sinners or to fulfill religious leaders prophecies. I believe since God's time with his chosen people (Bible), He's assumed policy of nonintervention. So, it may happen without God interfering. Weather goes wild, earthquakes happened, a solar flare disrupts everything, an asteroid hits earth causing death and destruction, or it could be from a nuclear war. I am inclined to think it will happen from a nuclear war. The West can't seem to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program.
    Question. Why does god not like all the other non-chosen people?

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I don't think God likes humans, period. It just happened after the fall of paradise 65 million years ago, humans evolved from homo sapiens. When God became aware humans were becoming the dominant species, He intervened. Sorry, I have no scripture or text authority for my beliefs.

He offered Jews land, which is Israel, but not salvation. Salvation is what Christians made up to gain believers. We are just like all other species, except we have higher order brains for thinking and speaking.

"Thou shalt not have any other gods before me, ....for I am a jealous god", something like that?

Good question.

Sounds like a personal problem to me!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

No, don't believe in end of times prophecy. If it is written by a religious nut is must be wrong.
    I generally agree, but, define "religious nut" some more?

I do think however we are coming to the end, but not to punish sinners or to fulfill religious leaders prophecies. I believe since God's time with his chosen people (Bible), He's assumed policy of nonintervention.
    How so? My impression is he intervenes plenty.
    So, it may happen without God interfering. Weather goes wild, earthquakes happened, a solar flare disrupts everything, an asteroid hits earth causing death and destruction,
    Shit does happen...always has, always will...? Glad to hear it's not gods fault for the weird weather...
    or it could be from a nuclear war. I am inclined to think it will happen from a nuclear war. The West can't seem to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program.
    I don't know enough to comment.

How can they be 'stopped' by the west regardless, really?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I don't think God likes humans, period. It just happened after the fall of paradise 65 million years ago, humans evolved from homo sapiens. When God became aware humans were becoming the dominant species, He intervened. Sorry, I have no scripture or text authority for my beliefs.

He offered J E Ws land, which is Israel, but not salvation. Salvation is what Christians made up to gain believers. We are just like all other species, except we have higher order brains for thinking and speaking.
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special. ~ Stephen Hawking

I agree we're "special", but how special?

So special, that...we can't just DIE! so...let's just make up a way to live forever....all it requires is a leap of faith!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

debit.servus is offline No more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free. User Rank

No it's not the end of times; Humanity is in for an ascension of all that is good. Religious nuts have been saying end of times for years, just to justify living their shitty lives because they believe an apocalypse is imminent. End of Times religious delusions is one of the greatest PsyOps of All Time, before the technocratic elites even emerged on Planet Earth (Gaia).

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special. ~ Stephen Hawking

I agree we're "special", but how special?

So special, that...we can't just DIE! so...let's just make up a way to live forever....all it requires is a leap of faith!
    We're only special because we have gained temporary life in a dying universe.

Apparently, you believe in God. I do, but think God assumes a policy of nonintervention. Having fine tuned the universe, God just lets it progress, or go forward. There is a purpose to the universe. It was created as a prison for Satan. Everything else is secondary.

Things just happen. If a believer likes it, it's because of God. I think it just happens because we are here. If I fall off a cliff I will hit the bottom and die. That's life based on physical laws.

As for war controversy, look at the history of warfare. Based on the past, there should be another major war, it's in humans DNA.
    Last edited by Cnance; 02-12-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by debit.servus View Post
    No it's not the end of times; Humanity is in for an ascension of all that is good. Religious nuts have been saying end of times for years, just to justify living their shitty lives because they believe an apocalypse is imminent. End of Times religious delusions is one of the greatest PsyOps of All Time, before the technocratic elites even emerged on Planet Earth (Gaia).
    I kind of agree, but there are some really strange things in Revelation, as if from another world. I think some of those prophecies are true. However, I don't believe in a rosy picture for humankind.

We're only special because we have gained temporary life in a dying universe.

Apparently, you believe in God. I do, but think God assumes a policy of nonintervention. Having fine tuned the universe, God just lets it progress, or go forward. There is a purpose to the universe. It was created as a prison for Satan. Everything else is secondary.

Things just happen. If a believer likes it, it's because of God. I think it just happens because we are here. If I fall off a cliff I will hit the bottom and die. That's life based on physical laws.

As for war controversy, look at the history of warfare. Based on the past, there should be another major war, it's in humans DNA.
    I can't see why you even have a god. Why not just let science explain it as more is learned?

I can't see why you even have a god. Why not just let science explain it as more is learned?

I am a firm believer in science, but there is much it can't explain.

OK i'm just poppin in like mary (hehe) to say i had a THOUGHT today that went like this......god IS mind!? or maybe more correctly the FORCE of mind!? Do as your TOLD!? i like to KEEP things SIMPLE so that's IT!? do with it WHAT you WILL!? OOPS!? on second thought this revelation ALSO goes to explain the trinity and the strange CASE of JOBe!? : :crazy1: :spin2: :king22:
    Last edited by lexx; 02-12-2014 at 07:00 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Lets hope it is the end of times. I've had a good run at life. I'd love to meet my maker.:king22:

Really, we understand the Universe? When did it begin and where does it end? Is there other life out in the universe? Is time travel possible?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Really, we understand the Universe?
    Comprehension issues, jokey? He said "we CAN understand the universe."

When did it begin and where does it end?
    Big questions...deep.

Is there other life out in the universe?
    Most certainly. How could there not be? It's sooo vast.
    Is time travel possible?
    Great question.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard