+ Reply to Thread

Why do people spam message boards ?

Man I don't get it. I mean I understand why people use software to sign up to thousands of message boards and spam their links or these people spam affiliate links.....but come on, enough is enough. Great message boards like scam.com actually don't put the NO FOLLOW on the links and LET you have a solid signature link. We are pretty liberal with self promotion here, but if these message board spammers keep registering thousands of accounts a day (no joke), then we are going to remove all sig files, add NO FOLLOW on all links, and the whole board will suffer.

If you people know message board spammers, tell them to stop. Do normal posts and get a solid sig file link for life instead of daily deleted spam.

There's no sense to this. From a marketing standpoint, its more work to spam than actually reply to a thread with a one liner.

I could argue this for days. Sign up, post, make friends, argue, debate, agree.....people will naturally click your signature link.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Re: Why do people spam message boards ?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Man I don't get it. I mean I understand why people use software to sign up to thousands of message boards and spam their links or these people spam affiliate links.....but come on, enough is enough. Great message boards like scam.com actually don't put the NO FOLLOW on the links and LET you have a solid signature link. We are pretty liberal with self promotion here, but if these message board spammers keep registering thousands of accounts a day (no joke), then we are going to remove all sig files, add NO FOLLOW on all links, and the whole board will suffer.

If you people know message board spammers, tell them to stop. Do normal posts and get a solid sig file link for life instead of daily deleted spam.

There's no sense to this. From a marketing standpoint, its more work to spam than actually reply to a thread with a one liner.

I could argue this for days. Sign up, post, make friends, argue, debate, agree.....people will naturally click your signature link.
    1) Unfortunately, that's one BIG reason. They're getting harder and harder to find.
    2) No, it's not. Ever heard of Scrapebox? There are tons of others too.

We're allowed to post links in our signature? I feel dirty when I do it, but if it's okay for us to do it...

That's 100% fine. I let people have larger than most signature files. I even don't put on the NO FOLLOW tag. My point was that be a NORMAL poster, contribute to the community, and let the Private Messaging, chat icons, your profile, and your reputation and the amount of posts you do cover your allowed sig link.

People will click it. But signing up and just spamming and spamming gets your ip banned, you banned, and ones not getting any long term promotion.

Hope that clears it up.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    1) Unfortunately, that's one BIG reason. They're getting harder and harder to find.
    2) No, it's not. Ever heard of Scrapebox? There are tons of others too.
    Lol. The solution to this is making all signature links no follow and also having really heavy duty captchas and make profile links all no follow. Most of these spammers are automated bots.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

If one person post more to add post count. you cant speak they spam, look at my post. unless so many posts post the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by w1cht3l View Post
    If one person post more to add post count. you cant speak they spam, look at my post. unless so many posts post the same thing.
    He's talking about spamming links (their websites, social media pages, products, etc.) lol not adding post count. No one cares about that lol.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Well, it's simple. Because they're posting their links to what are probably Paid to Promote sites, as soon as someone clicks their link, they get a bit of money. And the more they post, the more chance there is that someone will click it, even accidentally. And while yes, there is a greater chance of someone clicking your link if you post decent information, if they set up an autoposter, then they don't have to actually spend any time posting, if you see what I mean?