+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Creation vs "Science" Debate

Watch it NOW -- LIVE. It's pretty good

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...onist-ken-ham/
    Last edited by Administrator; 02-06-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Re: Creation vs "Science" Debate

TBH, I don't think either one presented a really good case for their side...

On a SCALE OF 1 - 10, 10 being best...

Nye = 6.5

Ham = 3
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

well tried to watch but got elevator music instead and really good elevator music at that!? : :yelcutelaughA: :spin2: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Interesting debate...

As already stated, neither of them was the sharpest debater for their case.

Ken Ham actually surprised me, he was remarkably weak in his argumentation. Nye presented fact after fact supporting his view and challenged Ham to do the same. But Ham didn't. He even avoided most (if not all) of the questions posed to him.

Hams strongest argument? He knows a guy who is a creationist and had designed a gear in a VERY expensive satellite. (Yes, he actually emphasised the word "very")
    This was so important to Ham that he repeated it at least three times...

lexx, peggysue, you can fast forward through the 12 minute lead-in...fyi
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Funny how Ham tries to call what he does science.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Funny how Ham tries to call what he does science.
    Not only that...
    He starts by listing brilliant scientists who are creationists, as some kind of evidence.
    Then he continues to dismiss science as utterly incapable of explaining or predicting anything!

Obviously science is only good as long as it doesn't oppose his world view!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Not only that...
    He starts by listing brilliant scientists who are creationists, as some kind of evidence.
    Then he continues to dismiss science as utterly incapable of explaining or predicting anything!

Obviously science is only good as long as it doesn't oppose his world view!
    It's called "confirmation bias"...he only 'sees' things that confirm his beliefs/ideology, and he basically disregards all the rest...

He had to disregard & deny LOTS to have his museum built? That took quite a while I'm sure...Click Here!...Ham eats sleeps and breathes in complete, total denial!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I am assuming no one here is retarded enough to think the world is 6k years old and man walked with Dino? Is that right? If so we can debate.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I am assuming no one here is retarded enough to think the world is 6k years old and man walked with Dino? Is that right? If so we can debate.
    Well... I was excited about the debate when I first heard about it, but my enthusiasm cooled with the passage of time.

I already know Ken Ham's an idiot (but obviously smart enough to raise the funds for his museum). I just lost interest in seeing him show his ass.

Be patient Tom. They're out there & have been here before. They just might come back!
    :

Last edited by PaulM; 02-06-2014 at 06:21 PM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

The "Science Guy" DIDN'T win the debate. But you already have your mind made up without having seen it.

The "Science Guy" DIDN'T win the debate. But you already have your mind made up without having seen it.

didn't say anyone "won" the debate. I just said "I already know Ken Ham's an idiot (but obviously smart enough to raise the funds for his museum). I just lost interest in seeing him show his ass."

Anyone that can raise the funds to found a museum/tourist attraction can't be entirely dim.

The "debate" was nothing more than a show with no real substance or meaning. I'm sure it was like watching an episode of the Kardashian's...

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    lexx, peggysue, you can fast forward through the 12 minute lead-in...fyi
    like i said, the music was so soothing i lost INTEREST in going further like when ya hit GOLD stop DiGGIN!? : :yelcutelaughA: :crazy1: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I like what they both had to say.

Ken Ham entered the debate with his mind made up as well, with no intention to have an open mind... He actually admitted it in the debate, which makes his appearance even more bizarre.

And I suppose you watched the debate with an open mind, ready to change your mind about the age of the earth if enough evidence was presented?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Ken Ham entered the debate with his mind made up as well, with no intention to have an open mind... He actually admitted it in the debate, which makes his appearance even more bizarre.

And I suppose you watched the debate with an open mind, ready to change your mind about the age of the earth if enough evidence was presented?
    Good point. One that will be ignored but still.

I once worked for a company that was big on company BBQs and gatherings. The division managers wife was a fundamentalist and would state the most ridiculous things. It was hard to have to sit and listen without comment. She was talking to the CEO and said "The wine they had in the bible was not as strong as what we have now". LOL, fortunately I was not with them for long. That was just one of many fruit loop beliefs she would spout.