+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Creation vs "Science" Debate

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Absolutely.

Jesus turns out looking more like a grassroots political liberal revolutionist than anything.
    Imagine all the talk of the prophesied messiah finally come to free the Jews from their oppression!

All the people laying down palm branches and worshiping him as he road by on the donkey, believing that this man was on the verge of ushering in their salvation from the Roman authority one day.....only to see him a shattered and broken man, humbled and humiliated the next.

What a let down that must have been for the more general population! Is it any small wonder that the disciples themselves scattered and the people, feeling betrayed and gullible, asked for Barabas instead of Jesus?
    OK just a short question....what's the DIFF between a DONKEY and a JACKASS?! did BOTH exist in THOSE times!? :yelcutelaughA: :judges: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by santorebirth View Post
    Indeed, the purpose of a debate is to sway the undecided people to your side. I get that, but debating with a creationist fool is a no-no for me. Even though I don't like the man, I agree with what that bisexual biologist had to say about debating creationists..

“they’ve won the moment you agree to have a debate at all. Because what they want is the oxygen of respectability.”
    well, at LEAST it's a FACT that OXYGEN is RESPECTABLE!? in THIS life at LEAST!? dont quit cher DAY job they say.............UNTIL...........:errr: :judges: :freak3: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    I'd say the hardliners are hopless. Most others just haven't taken the time to learn about the topic. That being said you rarely convince someone to change there mind in the same thread. However, you do end up raising doubt in the moderates and you make the Hardliners look like dishonest jerks who like to lie to others.

Personally I treat conversations with creationist as a learning experience. It's an oppertunity for me to learn more about biology since I know whatever the creationists is claiming is a purposful lie or misrepretation and all I have to do is figure it out. Than the only trick is keeping them on task and pointing out just how many times they have used false information in services to this beliefe.
    so says YOU!? and likely all those that have NOT crossed the BARRIER at the END of the UNIVERSE!? but then we are HEREtoFORE as in HERE TO FORCE referring to some TRANSIENT PUSH of MIND over MATTER whether IMAGINED in MASS or REAL which for relevent PURPOSE is NIL to the ENRAPTURED of SAME!? which simply says that whatever INTEGRITY of mind/purpose an individual enjoys relative to the OVERALL universal UNDERSTANDING of SAME makes life a FORWARD moving LINEAR DREAM that is TRUE as long as such a FIELD of magnetic REALITY remains INTACT!? (whole, entire, complete, unbroken, undamaged, unimpaired, faultless, flawless, unscathed, untouched, unspoiled, unblemished, unmarked, perfect, pristine, inviolate, undefiled, unsullied, virgin,) i mean CAPITALISM does IMPLY a LINEAR series of ACCOMPLISHMENTS aimed at not a simple continuance but IMPROVEMENT but whether this is a NATURAL or MANMADE scheme is a consideration for those NOT entralled with a supposed ADVANCEMENT thru CONTINUING material/matter MANIPULATIONS!? :liefde: :judges: :freak3: :
    Last edited by lexx; 05-17-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santorebirth View Post
    The way I look at it, these creationists versus evolution debates are like grown men reasoning with four-year-old autistic kids. Why waste your time debating with deluded people? Creationists are hopeless. Their minds are shut to everything that's contrary to their beliefs.
    such a BLANKET condemnation only SHOWS your IGNORANCE of the FACTS of life!? you live a PROTECTED life we could SURMISE!? and your NOT alone!? your only question is.......WHAT is the CAUSE of my PROTECTED life!? well first we know it is life in the USA!? after that it is BASED on FAMILY/ connections/ LUCK!? and dare i say god!? THAT factor may not COME up unless your OTHER bases LEAVE you BEHIND!? not that i would WISH that on ANYONE!? but YET we have the GAME of MUSICAL CHAIRS!? how to CHEAT is all i would be THINKIN if i BELIEVED that game was TRUE!? :errr: :freak3: :spin2: :

Carbon 14 dating only dates carbon based organisms and does not date rocks.
    Sedimentary rocks contains fossilized organic matter.
    The geological column does not exist anywhere.
    Rock layers are formed by rapid flooding.
    The Great Flood covered the earth and put sea shells on top of mountains.
    The mud, with organic material, hardened and turned into sedimentary rock.
    There is distinct layering between the rocks with no evidence of wearing away for thousands of years, let alone millions.
    The fact that we can find dinosaur foot prints is because there hasn't been millions of years of erosion.
    We find trilobite fossils in the same bed of rock as the dinosaur footprints.
    Carbon build up in the air is measurable and by measuring backward, it goes to zero around 6,000 years ago.
    The moon is slowly moving away from the earth, so 1 million years ago, the moon would have been too close for any dinosaurs to live on the earth.
    The magnetic poles on the earth are decreasing in strength at an even rate and would have been too strong for life to exist one million years ago.
    The population of people on the earth is increasing at a measurable rate and it can be determined that it started with 8 people 4,000 years ago.
    Therefore, it is easy to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Child of God View Post
    Carbon 14 dating only dates carbon based organisms and does not date rocks.
    Sedimentary rocks contains fossilized organic matter.
    The geological column does not exist anywhere.
    Rock layers are formed by rapid flooding.
    The Great Flood covered the earth and put sea shells on top of mountains.
    The mud, with organic material, hardened and turned into sedimentary rock.
    There is distinct layering between the rocks with no evidence of wearing away for thousands of years, let alone millions.
    The fact that we can find dinosaur foot prints is because there hasn't been millions of years of erosion.
    We find trilobite fossils in the same bed of rock as the dinosaur footprints.
    Carbon build up in the air is measurable and by measuring backward, it goes to zero around 6,000 years ago.
    The moon is slowly moving away from the earth, so 1 million years ago, the moon would have been too close for any dinosaurs to live on the earth.
    The magnetic poles on the earth are decreasing in strength at an even rate and would have been too strong for life to exist one million years ago.
    The population of people on the earth is increasing at a measurable rate and it can be determined that it started with 8 people 4,000 years ago.
    Therefore, it is easy to believe that the earth is 6,000 years old
    LoL
    Everyone one knows that Brahma created the Earth 155.5 trillion years ago.

bhakti-yoga-meditation.com/hinduism-age-of-the-earth;
    We can calculate the age of the earth from the age of Brahma. The Vedic chronology of Hinduism uses a base unit of calculation called a chaturyugi. This is comprised of 4 yugas (periods of time). Their lengths and corresponding names are:

1,728,000 years = sat yuga

1,296,000 = treta yuga

864,000 = dwapar yuga

432,000 = kali yuga

4,320,000 years = one charturyugi (one 4-yuga cycle)

1000 chaturyugis = one day of Brahma

1000 chaturyugis = one night of Brahma

8,640,000,000 years = one full day (24 hours) of Brahma

100 celestial years = age that Brahma lives to

50 celestial years = Brahma's current age, or,

155.5 trillion years = the current age of this earth
    "A millennium before Europeans were willing to divest themselves of the Biblical idea that the world was a few thousand years old, the Mayans were thinking of millions and the Hindus billions."
    Dr. Carl Sagan, (1934-1996) famous astrophysicist

PS
    You may find that video kinda boring as it doesn't mention, floods, fossils, trilobites, dinosaurs, or the moon. It doesn't even go back a million years.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 11-27-2017 at 05:01 PM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin