+ Reply to Thread

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

What Would Have Happened to Him AND His 18 yo Daughter...

... IF He Didn't Have a Gun?

I can still hear Tulip cry, "I don't see how anyone can say they love this country while feeling the need to be armed." (dumb libs)

A 44-year-old man on crutches shot an intruder to death while fending off would-be robbers from his home Friday morning — and now he’s the one in trouble with the law for having outdated paperwork relating to his gun.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the unidentified man was awoken by his 18-year-old daughter who heard suspicions noises in the house at around 9 a.m.

Armed with a gun, the homeowner reportedly “grabbed both of his crutches and walked over and unlocked and opened the door” to investigate. Moments later, two intruders came “charging towards” him, causing the 44-year-old to shoot at them, the Tribune reported.

Mario Viramontes, 31, stumbled to the ground and was reportedly declared dead at the scene. Two other men were reportedly seen running away yelling gang slogans.
    As authorities investigated the incident, they learned the homeowner’s Firearm Owners Identification Card was expired, according to the Tribune. Police then reportedly charged him with one count of possessing a firearm with expired paperwork — a misdemeanor crime.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-with-the-law/

Re: What Would Have Happened to Him AND His 18 yo Daughter...

the truth IS there is NO way of KNOWING what MIGHT have HAPPENED so the QUESTION is FALSE in the first place!? just another PLOY by carl to SCARE people!? i have a question myself!? WHY this place/guy!? what did he HAVE that was so VALUABLE!? 90% of such robberies are DRUG/DRUG money related!? course coulda just been a WRONG address or somethin!? DETAILS, the truth is in the DETAILS!? if they EVER come out!? :2gunsfiring_v1: :chicken: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Hes in the wrong state. Home invasions and protecting your property, you can shoot on site.

People need to protect themselves, their property, and family/friends.:judges:

Is this a real story or a hypothetical question?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Hes in the wrong state. Home invasions and protecting your property, you can shoot on site.

Exactly. This wouldn't have made the paper around here. Another citizen protects his family. No big deal in Texas.

There needs to be boundaries and repercussions for actions. Swift and hard :judges:
    The possible penalty should be a deterrent to criminals to not commit the crime.
    This is one example of where guns work in society.
    Problem is that alot of mistakes and unnecessary deaths and accidents occur.

Peggie always makes sense of "NON" sense. Thank you. You should be creating these threads please. :judges:

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    The man who was protecting himself, his daughter and his home, shot and killed one intruder and shot the other one, who did not die.
    His firearm owners identification card was out of date so they gave him a ticket, a misdemeanor.

Same thing would happen in a car accident, even if you were not at fault for the accident, if you were breaking a law like an expired drivers license, you would receive a ticket.

The Blaze ( conservative), where this article appeared, got upset because this man got fined for having an expired firearms identification card, guess they felt because he was defending himself, his daughter and his home, the police should have overlooked it.

I don't see this as any big deal, sounds right to me.
    But, but, but ...... That's against the Constitution !

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA™