+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bible Contridictions

Great video, watch all of it and comment.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-04-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Re: Bible Contridictions

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7...440558124742F5
    Anyone can take a single verse out of the Bible and make it sound different than reading the page leading up to a certain verse and the page after it. That's what Ohein was trying to argue when he linked to an atheist website.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Anyone can take a single verse out of the Bible and make it sound different than reading the page leading up to a certain verse and the page after it. That's what Ohein was trying to argue when he linked to an atheist website.
    Lets discuss a few. Which one did you think was out of context?

Yes I misnamed this thread. It should be called "Out of Context"

Lets discuss a few. Which one did you think was out of context?
    Give me one and we'll discuss it.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Give me one and we'll discuss it.
    You didn't watch it? Please watch it first. It is educational. 6 Minutes is all i ask. Jot down a few you disagree with. Context wise I mean

Watched the whole thing, laughing all the way...

LOVED IT!!

Jokey, it sounds as though you've met your match,...sounds as though someone that really KNOWS THE BIBLE, that knows exactly how to deal with "it's out of context" or the ever popular, "it's all semantics!!..."

Nope, I'm no expert in the bible, nor will I ever take the time to be one. IMO, it's a waste of time and energy pretty much...

Jokey, I'd love to hear your rebut of the video.

Hit the books...! whoever did the video knows their stuff apparently...I was impressed.

Where'd you find it Tom?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You didn't watch it? Please watch it first. It is educational. 6 Minutes is all i ask. Jot down a few you disagree with. Context wise I mean
    He won't watch it, not all of it anyways, too skeered. Might mess with his 'faith'.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Watched the whole thing, laughing all the way...

LOVED IT!!

Jokey, it sounds as though you've met your match,...sounds as though someone that really KNOWS THE BIBLE, that knows exactly how to deal with "it's out of context" or the ever popular, "it's all semantics!!..."

Nope, I'm no expert in the bible, nor will I ever take the time to be one. IMO, it's a waste of time and energy pretty much...

Jokey, I'd love to hear your rebut of the video.

Hit the books...! whoever did the video knows their stuff apparently...I was impressed.

Where'd you find it Tom?
    I got tired of arguing in MLM and i am sick of politics so here I am. Week or so ago Knotical claimed there were no contradictions in the bible and that people take things out of context.. A quick Google search came up with that one and a ton more.

This site is great to map contradictions. Navigation is pretty lame though.

http://bibviz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    He won't watch it, not all of it anyways, too skeered. Might mess with his 'faith'.
    Let's try and keep this debate about facts. Not about old feuds.

Deal?

Jeremiah 20:7 NLT:
    7 O Lord, you misled me,
    and I allowed myself to be misled.
    You are stronger than I am,
    and you overpowered me.
    Now I am mocked every day;
    everyone laughs at me.
    Jeremiah the prophet was proclaiming God's word and and his reward was persecution and and sadness. In this passage he is relieving the burden on his heart to God. Later, he withheld God's word but it burned within him until he could not contain himself and he was again compelled to share God's word.

Jeremiah 20:7 NLT:

Jeremiah the prophet was proclaiming God's word and and his reward was persecution and and sadness. In this passage he is relieving the burden on his heart to God. Later, he withheld God's word but it burned within him until he could not contain himself and he was again compelled to share God's word.
    Explain how that is taken out of context.

Explain how that is taken out of context.
    Explain what was so funny about it. What they focused on was the Lord "misleading" but makes sense when I added in commentary.

Let me show you another example.

Deut 28:53
    53 “The siege and terrible distress of the enemy’s attack will be so severe that you will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters, whom the Lord your God has given you.
    Sounds awful but add in a few verses prior to this scripture.

“If you refuse to listen to the Lord your God and to obey the commands and decrees he has given you, all these curses will pursue and overtake you until you are destroyed. 46 These horrors will serve as a sign and warning among you and your descendants forever. 47 If you do not serve the Lord your God with joy and enthusiasm for the abundant benefits you have received, 48 you will serve your enemies whom the Lord will send against you. You will be left hungry, thirsty, naked, and lacking in everything. The Lord will put an iron yoke on your neck, oppressing you harshly until he has destroyed you.

49 “The Lord will bring a distant nation against you from the end of the earth, and it will swoop down on you like a vulture. It is a nation whose language you do not understand, 50 a fierce and heartless nation that shows no respect for the old and no pity for the young. 51 Its armies will devour your livestock and crops, and you will be destroyed. They will leave you no grain, new wine, olive oil, calves, or lambs, and you will starve to death. 52 They will attack your cities until all the fortified walls in your land—the walls you trusted to protect you—are knocked down. They will attack all the towns in the land the Lord your God has given you.

53 “The siege and terrible distress of the enemy’s attack will be so severe that you will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters, whom the Lord your God has given you.
    When you read the verses prior to Deut. 28:53. the meaning is very different than the verse by itself.

Explain what was so funny about it. What they focused on was the Lord "misleading" but makes sense when I added in commentary.

Let me show you another example.

Deut 28:53

Sounds awful but add in a few verses prior to this scripture.

When you read the verses prior to Deut. 28:53. the meaning is very different than the verse by itself.

I didn't say it was funny, The post is about a loving go vs a vengeful god. You post highlights that as well. Look, I don't care what you believe as long as your not part of some lobby trying to teach kids about creation instead of science.

I didn't say it was funny, The post is about a loving go vs a vengeful god. You post highlights that as well. Look, I don't care what you believe as long as your not part of some lobby trying to teach kids about creation instead of science.
    Cletus thought it was funny but then again.....

A loving God doesn't mean he can't be upset. People love their children but the kids still get punished or spanked at times.

Cletus thought it was funny but then again.....

A loving God doesn't mean he can't be upset. People love their children but the kids still get punished or spanked at times.
    Spanked? How about wiped out kids and all