+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do people fall for pyramid schemes?

There is still an abundant amount of them on Craigslist. Most recently, I've encountered people who wanted to get me involved in a "recruiting" scheme in which I would recruit people to advertise a product that doesn't really exist. These multi-level marketing scams need to cease. Has anyone encountered something similiar?
    Scam.com is awesome, but if you want to see some videos about scams - check out http://www.bustedandexposed.com

Re: Why do people fall for pyramid schemes?

People often fall for pyramid schemes and MLM scams because people like Joecool, FtizPatrick, Taylor etc deliberately confuse the distinction between them and legitimate multi-marketing companies, making it difficult for the lay person to know the difference.

Since it quickly becomes obvious in even brief research that MLM's like Amway are legitimate companies, and not scams like the anti-mlm zealots claim, they then disbelieve the claims against the actual scam MLMsand start to believe their lies of "we're just like Amway"

The anti-mlm cabal is doing enormous damage. Heck, ask Pershing Square investors!
    Last edited by IBOFightBack; 02-02-2014 at 04:42 AM.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post

The anti-mlm cabal is doing enormous damage. Heck, ask Pershing Square investors!
    I guess you're being sarcastic. We'll never know how much damage the cabal has done. I agree that it won't be able to bring the industry down, but there may have been hundreds of thousands of people who decided against Amway after reading negative web content about the company. We'll never know. I know we'd be even more effective if you would use your insider perspective to assist us.

Have you been to meet the deVoses in Michigan (Minnesota?)? I hear they are an extremely powerful family, politically and economically.

Maybe they will send an Amway Hit Squad to Hawai'i.
    Last edited by Richard 3; 02-02-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: To dummy-down the text for you illiterates.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    I guess you're being sarcastic.
    No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. The mindless, baseless, factually deficit attacks on the legitimate MLM industry make it very difficult for a newbie to assess what is legitimate and what is actually an illegal pyramid. Look at the many actual scams that come and go on this forum that try to hide themselves as MLM, before crashing and burning or being shut down.

I agree that it won't be able to bring the industry down, but there may have been hundreds of thousands of people who decided against Amway after reading negative web content about the company.
    undoubtedly

We'll never know.
    Yes, we'll never know how many could have positively changed their lives and the lives of others. I know of two Diamonds that almost quit not longer after they joined because of stuff they read on the internet. Thankfully they decided to believe expert opinion instead.

Have you been to meet the deVoses in Michigan (Minnesota?)? I hear they are an extremely powerful family, politically and economically.
    Nope, and that is obvious

Maybe they will send an Amway Hit Squad to Hawai'i.
    Really? Is that how low you're going now? If they did that kind of thing, don't you think they would have done it many many years ago?
    Last edited by IBOFightBack; 02-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. The mindless, baseless, factually deficit attacks on the legitimate MLM industry make it very difficult for a newbie to assess what is legitimate and what is actually an illegal pyramid. Look at the many actual scams that come and go on this forum that try to hide themselves as MLM, before crashing and burning or being shut down.

undoubtedly

Yes, we'll never know how many could have positively changed their lives and the lives of others. I know of two Diamonds that almost quit not longer after they joined because of stuff they read on the internet. Thankfully they decided to believe expert opinion instead.

Nope, and that is obvious

Really? Is that how low you'er going now? If they did that kind of thing, don't you think they would have done it many many years ago?
    You seem to have a lot of insider info, I thought you might, on an outside chance, know the DeVoses. I wasn't serious about the hit squad.

There are legit MLM schemes out there. Check out NuSkin. All they do are referrals and they actually sell a product. A couple of my friends are literally making a living off of their referrals buying the products and it's residual as well.

The problem why people fall for crappy illegitimate MLM scams is because there are three primary reasons that I see:

1) Legitimate ones that actually sell a product and testimonials from successful people fuel...

2) ...the idea that all it takes for MLM schemes to work is by telling interested people and referring them without doing much work in the process which leads to...

3) ...an abundance of scammers who prey on the desperation of people who need money immediately/soon and create these illegitimate MLM scams.

However, legitimate schemes do take a good amount of work. If you're a natural speaker and socialite, then it's not much work, but if you lack in those areas, you're going to find yourself frustrated why people aren't going after your referral.
    Last edited by tinybutnotfangless; 02-02-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    You seem to have a lot of insider info, I thought you might, on an outside chance, know the DeVoses. I wasn't serious about the hit squad.
    Very very very little of the information I have is not available to the public or registered IBOs/members. Unlike most people commenting on MLM and Amway, I've just actually made the effort to find and read it.

Occasionally I receive a tip from an actual "insider" but it's rare.

People often fall for pyramid schemes and MLM scams because people like Joecool, FtizPatrick, Taylor etc deliberately confuse the distinction between them and legitimate multi-marketing companies, making it difficult for the lay person to know the difference.

Since it quickly becomes obvious in even brief research that MLM's like Amway are legitimate companies, and not scams like the anti-mlm zealots claim, they then disbelieve the claims against the actual scam MLMsand start to believe their lies of "we're just like Amway"
    Can you prove conclusively that nobody within the legal confines of the Amway business does not run their Amway business as an illegal pyramid?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Can you prove conclusively that nobody within the legal confines of the Amway business does not run their Amway business as an illegal pyramid?
    Anybody can run their business illegally or unethically within a perfectly legal, ethical company/business. That can happen and does happen in all walks of life. You proved that when you tried to build your Amway business like a pyramid scheme.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Anybody can run their business illegally or unethically within a perfectly legal, ethical company/business. That can happen and does happen in all walks of life. You proved that when you tried to build your Amway business like a pyramid scheme.
    So you admit that people run Amway as an illegal pyramid. Glad we got there.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

So you admit that people run Amway as an illegal pyramid. Glad we got there.
    I don't know anyone that does because I don't move in Amway circles. I said it was possible to do it in any MLM company and its also possible to build any kind of business (non-MLM) illegally/unethically. It happens all the time.
    I do know that you built your business as a pyramid back in the '90s, then you spent the rest of your life moaning about MLM/Amway as if your failure wasn't your own fault.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

I do know that you built your business as a pyramid back in the '90s, then you spent the rest of your life moaning about MLM/Amway as if your failure wasn't your own fault.
    Prove it or admit you're lying and making it up.

I don't know anyone that does because I don't move in Amway circles. I said it was possible to do it in any MLM company and its also possible to build any kind of business (non-MLM) illegally/unethically. It happens all the time.
    Well said, now that he's likely stumped, he'll resort to name-calling and "liar liar pants on fire".

You watch!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Prove it or admit you're lying and making it up.
    Why do I need to prove it, you stated as much on this forum? You said you were taught to tell people that products don't matter, you just buy them to qualify. That's a bang on description of a pyramid scheme.....buying products just to qualify, not because you actually want to use them.

Why do I need to prove it, you stated as much on this forum? You said you were taught to tell people that products don't matter, you just buy them to qualify.
    Where did I say that? You're lying.

Where did I say that? You're lying.
    On this forum.