+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why and How?

Why and How?

I normally try to ignore loons as they are pretty harmless. But lately my state seems to be “chock full of nuts” on the religious fringe. I read an article about how creationists are sneaking into the school system and school book system. Here’s a brief look…

When public-school students enrolled in Texas’ largest charter program open their biology workbooks, they will read that the fossil record is “sketchy.” That evolution is “dogma” and an “unproved theory” with no experimental basis. They will be told that leading scientists dispute the mechanisms of evolution and the age of the Earth.

Infiltrating and subverting the charter-school movement has allowed Responsive Ed to carry out its religious agenda—and it is succeeding. Operating more than 65 campuses in Texas, Arkansas, and Indiana, Responsive Ed receives more than $82 million in taxpayer money annually, and it is expanding, with 20 more Texas campuses opening in 2014.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health...nt.single.html

My question is this… How can a rational educated person look at the Bible as anything but a series of myths? The inconsistencies and downright laughable “science” blow me away. Just this day someone on scam.com told me there are no contradictions in the bible. LOL

Here's a cool tool that maps out "no" contradictions. LOL

Re: Why and How?

Responsive ED huh, kinda reminds me of...............and is this CHARTER funded by WILBUR(trust) :crazy1: :yelcutelaughA: :

i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    My question is this… How can a rational educated person look at the Bible as anything but a series of myths? The inconsistencies and downright laughable “science” blow me away. Just this day someone on scam.com told me there are no contradictions in the bible. LOL

Here's a cool tool that maps out "no" contradictions. LOL
    Uh, laughable science? When s the bible written again? The 21st century?

You can't expect the scientific explanations in the Bible to be spot on and similar to that of science today. The Bible was written by ancient people and they tried to explain it in a way that people could comprehend at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by luislitt View Post
    Uh, laughable science? When s the bible written again? The 21st century?

You can't expect the scientific explanations in the Bible to be spot on and similar to that of science today. The Bible was written by ancient people and they tried to explain it in a way that people could comprehend at the time.
    Exactly. Written by people, not by god.

The Bible was written by men who were inspired by God, over a period of thousands of years. The message taken as a whole is consistent throughout. That message is the redemption and salvation of mankind.

The creationist view of the origins of man is more realistic than anything evolution can come up with, and in many cases actually supports creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    The Bible was written by men who were inspired by God, over a period of thousands of years. The message taken as a whole is consistent throughout. That message is the redemption and salvation of mankind.

The creationist view of the origins of man is more realistic than anything evolution can come up with, and in many cases actually supports creation.
    Why did god tell them things that were wrong? Did god not know?

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Why did god tell them things that were wrong?
    Was that supposed to be a coherent question?

Was that supposed to be a coherent question?
    It was very coherent, your delusion won't allow you to see it though, IMO.

If they were inspired by God to write the bible as the "word of God", why are there soooo many things completely WRONG, filled with contradictions?!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

If they were inspired by God to write the bible as the "word of God", why are there soooo many things completely WRONG, filled with contradictions?!
    You worded it way better. Still a good question and one he won't answer

Once again, there are no contradictions. As pointed out in other threads where some have been brought up, there are reasonable explanations as to why they are in fact not contradictions.

Once again, there are no contradictions. As pointed out in other threads where some have been brought up, there are reasonable explanations as to why they are in fact not contradictions.
    yah......BUTT in order to harmonize the contradictions you have to RE-WORD or RE-INTERPRET or refer to OTHER parts to try and understand and STILL it's SPECULATIVE at best!? the LITERALLY/NOT literally TAKEN is very confusing!? which by the way ALLOWS for MANY WRONG opinions and VIEWS which may explain the rise of MANY RELIGIONS based on it!? :freak3: : :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

Give a few examples rather than blah blah blah.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Give a few examples rather than blah blah blah.
    Jokey the blowhard & baffoon, always late and rarely on point....

Take your pick....I guess you missed it before...:judges:

Click Here!

If you find those too troubling to look at...

You can always revert back to debating semantics, don't want to cramp your child-like faith, right jokey...?

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
    How'd you do, Jokey? Did you cut the grade, are you a fundamentalist? (I'll bet you are!:yelcutelaughA: probably nailed all ten!!)
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Hey jokey, I stumbled on to this, I think you'll like it, since your so obsessed with "liars"...

Jesus Lied

Jesus Lied About Prayer

Jesus is quoted many times in the Bible saying that a believer can ask for anything through prayer and receive it. He even goes so far as to say that mountains and trees can be thrown into the sea simply by praying for it. This is clearly a lie, and can be proven to be a lie by any believer. Simply pray for me to be converted to Christianity right away. Or better yet ask God to move the mountains behind my house. He could make a lot of converts that way. If I’m converted today, I’ll post a public apology on my web site and devote my life to kissing God’s ass. If I’m not converted it would only be fair for you to apologize and devote your life to kissing my butt.

Here are the quotes from Jesus that proves that he lied:

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

A lot of Christians ignore what Jesus actually says in the Bible. They also tend to add things to the actual words to make them say something else. If you honestly and truthfully read these quotes, without adding to them, it is very easy to see that Jesus is not saying that God will think about your prayers. He says God will grant all your prayers. Clearly, God doesn’t grant all prayers and this proves that Jesus was a habitual liar.

Also see my web page End Times about the many lies that Jesus told about the second coming of God.

Click Here!
    :judges:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Jokey, since you're very likely a fundamentalist, here's a fun little scenario for your wild, pious imagination & delusion to fixate on....if we don't ever get the opportunity to meet here, I'm sure we'd meet in hell!! ..between your hypocrisy, fetish for hookers, & Bukakke, from a biblical standpoint, ...I'm pretty sure you don't have a chance of making it 'up there'....

Burn baby burn!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Jesus was not a liar, as He was/is unable to sin. When it comes to answering prayer, just because you did not get the answer you were looking for does not mean He did not answer it. He will always answer prayer according to His will.

Jesus was not a liar, as He was/is unable to sin. When it comes to answering prayer, just because you did not get the answer you were looking for does not mean He did not answer it. He will always answer prayer according to His will.
    Keep telling yourself that....good luck!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard