+ Reply to Thread

Data entry job scams

It's the simplest way to make money online just as long you can type. That's IF only it were true. If you look around, you'll come across companies, sites and individuals who claim that they offer data entry jobs. Click on that link and you'll land on a page that asks you to pay a fee to access the 'database' where you'll find companies listed that offer data entry jobs. OR, you could find a 'legit' data entry job that in fact is illegal. Someone hires you to solve recaptcha puzzles for him/her [though the job is simply described as filling forms] so they can create more email accounts, register on forums and so on so they can scam more people. Should anything happen, the footprints point right back to your IP and you get yourself in trouble. If you want a legit data entry job then it's better to get such jobs on outsourcing sites such as odesk [which recently merged with elance so they can steal more money from independent contractors].

Re: Data entry job scams

Are data entry jobs even as prominent as they were in the late 1990's/early 2000's? I would think by now that this industry would be starting to taper off as most businesses have migrated their printed files over to digital formats by now. I would be cautious of any of them, period, unless it was a brick and mortar business near you that you could go to work at in person.

Also, you should never have to pay for the privilege of finding job listings, that same information is likely available elsewhere for free and they are just trying to act like middlemen to make some money.

I know someone that works in the medical data entry job category. She goes in, listens to her ipod, enters in stacks of files online, goes to lunch, takes a break, then goes home. She gets $11 an hr and literally is a robot. She tries to remain out of the office politics but its like a henhouse :chicken:in there and she occasionally gets sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I know someone that works in the medical data entry job category. She goes in, listens to her ipod, enters in stacks of files online, goes to lunch, takes a break, then goes home. She gets $11 an hr and literally is a robot. She tries to remain out of the office politics but its like a henhouse :chicken:in there and she occasionally gets sucked in.
    Doesn't sound like that bad of a job if you can get it I suppose. How much does she work for each day?