+ Reply to Thread

Don't Eat So Much Bread

I'm not a big bread eater first of all so this is easy advice, I'll show you how to cut down on eating the fattening bread easily. AND its under free advice, so take it or leave it, you get what you pay for.

The Health Risks of White Bread
    Good, old-fashioned white bread? It's no more than an enormous sugar cube. It will shoot your blood sugar to the roof and take it back down just as quickly and steeply as it turned it up. Along for the ride is insulin (sugar's chaperone), needed to take sugar into your cells so it can be used for energy. This roller coaster of blood sugar has been shown to increase your risk of heart attack, stroke, fatty liver, obesity and diabetes. It's also a real beauty buster, proven to speed up the formation of wrinkles and cause your skin to look dull and lifeless. White bread is created using enriched or bleached wheat flours. These flours have had their protein and important B vitamins stripped to create a product that is sweeter and more palatable for the average consumer. Source
    1. First of all, bread has a ton of sugar and painful calories. If you can bear the whole wheat or whole grain stuff, take that route. Then the butter.....forget about that. Olive oil.
    2. Secondly, if you are eating a sub, you can easily break off both ends of the bread sub and this cuts out the useless no meat/cheese...90% bread and lettuce. This goes for fastfood or home buns too. Sometimes I take the top or bottom off a burger and its never missed. Some of these pananis are simply out of control and I throw away half the bread anyway.
    3. Thirdly, have it be a treat. Eat bread, bagels, pizza, on one day......lets say Sunday.
    4. One day you eat the stuff. You're head will get dizzy from the carb overload and fall asleep in a coma.
    5. Fourthly, moderation. You don't need to eat a loaf of bread out at a restaurant. One piece....chew it 100 times to enjoy it, don't inhale it because you are hungry. Keep it away from your devil hands.
    Here's are the healthy choices if you are a bread addict:
    • Whole Wheat White Bread
    • Pumpernickel
    • Wheat Bread
    • Rye Bread
    • Multigrain Bread
    • Gluten-Free Bread

In closing, just give it up and eat celery! I believe YOU CAN DO IT ! ing1: ing1: ing1:
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-16-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Re: Don't Eat So Much Bread

I'm cutting out the dairy now. Much harder for me. Cheese destroys me but its so good.

Thank you for this post. I learned the hard way about eating poorly (excess weight, diabetes). Now, I have been on a journey to rehab my body. I no longer eat white bread, only multi-grain. This is also true for the pasta I eat.

So, french people a lot of bread so? laugh* XD

I like where society is going. It just seems so far behind or not progressive enough.
    1 in 3 kids are going to get diabetes. That's scary.

Schools and parents need to ramp up the type of education that is needed in the real world, not just useless crap.

I'd like to get a little more information, since I see people saying they're not eating bread anymore. Is bread just 100% bad or like most things is it bad when over consumed?