+ Reply to Thread

Knee Surgery Advice Please

Ok I got in a horrible car accident in December. I need some advice on knee surgery, please . I'd rather listen to you guys over what I am hearing from knee doctors.

I have a torn Meniscus, destroyed ACL. My surgery is next week. They are telling me 6 weeks in a cast. Rehab for months.

Give me some great advice. I know I'm getting a metal pin. Flying in airplanes will suck now.

I don't trust these Doctors and my insurance companies are quoting this at $35,000 !!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited about getting an ice machine....I guess its a machine with ice.

I do know I am getting dead body parts. From a cadaver. So after next week I will be a 'Walking Dead' , 'Frankenstein', 'Darth Vader', MOFO.

So shoot me some advice please. Do I move around? Go crazy? Take pain pills for a month? Walk, run, do squats?

Re: Knee Surgery Advice Please

My Step-son had knee surgery earlier in 2013. I'd recommend taking it easy and moving into your PT gradually. You'll be hurting enough, but use caution with the pain meds. If the prescription says "take 2" however often... try just 1. Pain is rough, but it also helps you not do too much if you're really not ready. It's 'natures limiter.
    My Step-son also walked a lot. Our driveway is very long and is on a hill. Going down-hill to check the mail was easy... coming back was the real workout. I think you'll do fine.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not a pill guy at all. Been reading alot. I'm not scared of the pain, I just can't believe the commitment of rehab and how gross the idea of dead body parts inside me.ing1:ing1:ing1:

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not a pill guy at all. Been reading alot. I'm not scared of the pain, I just can't believe the commitment of rehab and how gross the idea of dead body parts inside me.ing1:ing1:ing1:
    Just let us know if you develop an appetite for brains & eggs at breakfast. :yelcutelaughA:

That's the main thing I am concerned with,.....cadaver parts.....my parents are drilling me with 100 other questions and I can't get past this issue. They think I am joking....they are asking about the recovery, time period, rehab, SCHEDULE, drugs, literally every annoying detail.....and I keep mentioning the cadaver ligaments or whatever the hell I am getting.......and my parents say.....yeah yeah yeah,.....you told us.................they just keep brushing over it.....drives me crazy. I am very excited about this flowing ice machine I am getting.

Don't think of it as cadaver parts... think of it as tissue donation.
    If you needed and received a new liver...
    If you needed and received a new kidney...
    Instead of saving your life it will be saving your lifestyle. No different.

Is it just me or is the forum no longer printing 'carriage returns'? I had to enter HTML code line breaks to get the extra spaces.
    Last edited by PaulM; 01-17-2014 at 07:25 PM.