+ Reply to Thread

Goodwill International Takes advantage of the Disabled

Do you know how many people think Good Will is actually a good Charity. Goodwill pays many of its disabled workers less than 2.00 per hour. They get by with it via legal loopholes. I think it is purely despicable.

The CEO of Goodwill takes home a whopping 675k per year. When you donate to Goodwill you support the poor treatment and pay of the disabled not to mention fattening the CEO's wallet.

Re: Goodwill International Takes advantage of the Disabled

That's an interesting angle and question to say the least. I like the idea of prisoners making $2 an hr so when their sentence is up they can at least maybe get an apartment. Its a win-win situation. Cheap labor (non illegals), its helps society, teaches strong work ethics, etc.

Now with Goodwill:
    You would assume they have Good Will in their intentions.
    • I know a few grocery stores and movie theatres that hire handicapped kids.
    • Walfart hires the old people.
    • Are there tax breaks? Sure.
    • Most of these employees need to simply get out of the house otherwise you die from the inside.
    • Socialization is important to all humans.
    • These people generally get $$$ assistance and can't make over $3000 a year (or somewhere like that). So $2 an hr at least gives them a few bucks in their pockets to fell like an adult or a human being. Alot of these people are not under the best parental circumstances (we've seen the movies).
    So in conclusion the Good Will does alot of good. I bought a crazy awesome retro leather coat for $9 there. It recycles old things and helps out people on a budget. All small businesses and charitable organizations need to take advantage of all the legal tax credits .

So I say this :

Goodwill does not take advantage of the disabled. You can prove me wrong otherwise.:judges::judges:

This is why it is better to just donate to your local thrift stores, regardless of whether or not you are doing it for a tax deduction. They do more good for your local community than Goodwill could ever hope to.

When I donate my clothing and things I no longer use/need I usually give it to my local thrift stores like Salvation Army and etc. They have really good prices and they donate a lot of clothes to people who really need it.

Please watch out for the new wave of people looking to trick kind hearted folk into making fake charity collections for Ebola victims in Africa. Before donating check out the website and make sure it is legitimate and not brand new.
    Get free demos for test-king exam and mcts exam with ielts exam preparation guaranteed success. Our csld.edu best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams. Rasmussen College