+ Reply to Thread

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty Was The Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen

Ok seriously folks SAVE YOUR MONEY! The Secret Life of Walter Mitty Was The Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen! I have watched 1000s of movies but I seriously will be writing some letters about this dog pile of excrement.

How dare ANYONE say this was the new Forest Gump?!!!!! SERIOUSLY? Tom Hanks should be punching people in the neck!

The trailer painted this movie as this action - dreamer - comedy. The trailer was the only good thing. THE ONLY THING!

Ben Stiller does an interview and boasted how great it was to work with Sean Penn.
    OH YEAH?! Wow thanks for that 5 minute cameo.

The movie was flat, he was a loser, the acting was terrible. It dragged on way too long.
    It reminded me of DREAM ON (HBO SHOW) although Mitty was shittttty.:madgo::madgo::madgo:

Don't watch this movie, seriously it's past painful to watch.

Here's the 6 minute trailer (so you don't have to spend your hard earned money):

The only saving grace to the movie was seeing the Trailer to "SON OF GOD" before SHITTY MITTY ....looks good.
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-12-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Re: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty Was The Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen

I haven't seen the movie yet, but if it's a real sleeper then I'm disappointed that Sean Penn is in the movie. I love Sean Penn, I think that he's an excellent actor and they always show the movies highlights in the trailers too, so they can bait us into going to the theatre and pay a small fortune to see a real bomb. I think that I'll wait until it comes out on DVD now!

I am seriously a masochist. I am watching the 1947 version right now Sunday night (before the Broncos win at 8).

What they couldn't get Jerry Lewis for this horrible thing?
    How many times did Stiller watch this original......its kinda nothing like this movie aside from the daydreaming.

Its even MORE painful because of the crow barred in musical numbers. Wow....I hope Family Guy tears into this movie too....its literally a Family Guy episode.

If you have Turner Classic movies on cable or Satellite....they are really pushing this movie ALOT RIGHT NOW , probably to trick old people I think.

Sean Penn was great for the 5 minutes he was in it.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Noooooo way! Roger Ebert agrees too

Here's ya go folks:

Let me be frank: to use the words of the august founder of this website, I hated, hated, hated this movie.
    From Ben Stiller's pantomimes of romantic hesitation in its opening moments as Walter Mitty goes all J. Alfred Prufrock on eHarmony.com, to costar Adam Scott's fussily styled fake beard, to the overall depiction of how a print magazine works/worked, to the consoling midtown-Manhattan romantic fade out, "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," directed by Stiller from a script by Steve Conrad that is itself loosely adapted from James Thurber's legendary short story (or, to be accurate, from the main conceit of Thurber's story), grated on my nerves something fierce.
    Look at the #1 and #2 spots:
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-25-2014 at 06:31 PM.

I thought a good Ben Stiller movie was too much to ask for, thanks for the warning.
    I was being duped by the trailer, it seemed really great from watching that, now I know better.

When I saw the trailer, I thought it didn't look great, but then it isn't exactly my type of film either so I just attributed most of my concern to that. But thanks for telling me to avoid this after all. Definitely won't be wasting my time.