+ Reply to Thread

Citizens wages cut, Politicians raised

Europe is in a crisis and Portugal as well, we haven't received our Christmas bonus in the last years and now this scandals breaks up, politicians Christmas bonus was raised for 2014 (not cut, but raised!). This has to be a joke right?

Re: Citizens wages cut, Politicians raised

Not even enrolled in the 'Jelly of the Month Club'? WOW! That's cheap!

I am curious... are European citizens paid their wages by the government or by the private companies that employ them?

Is Portugal not a part of Europe?

They should just have given that bonus to the people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Not even enrolled in the 'Jelly of the Month Club'? WOW! That's cheap!
    HAHAHA! Ahhhh, I want to watch that movie again even though I watched it a ton of times over the Christmas holiday.

I am curious... are European citizens paid their wages by the government or by the private companies that employ them?

Is Portugal not a part of Europe?
    I believe this is sarcasm at work.

I thought Christmas gifts or a bonus from your employer was an old and outdated practice. Neither my husband or I have received anything for years (if ever, I can't remember getting a bonus or gift).

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    HAHAHA! Ahhhh, I want to watch that movie again even though I watched it a ton of times over the Christmas holiday.

I believe this is sarcasm at work.

I thought Christmas gifts or a bonus from your employer was an old and outdated practice. Neither my husband or I have received anything for years (if ever, I can't remember getting a bonus or gift).

You're right... it was sarcasm at work. It's comparing apples to oranges... government employees getting a Christmas bonus compared to private citizens not getting one... there is no correlation between the two... unless the government is paying their salary.

I used to work for a company that gave out Christmas bonus' based upon your length of service up to $500.00 It was great... until they cut them out.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Politicians will always give themselves raises and they don't even get any work done. Seems like they're on vacation more than they're actually in Washington "working". They are supposed to be working for us but instead they just do whatever it takes to get re-elected and give themselves more money and a better life. I think 90% of them could care less about the American people. We need to come up with a better system to get these crooks out of office!

Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Politicians will always give themselves raises and they don't even get any work done. Seems like they're on vacation more than they're actually in Washington "working". They are supposed to be working for us but instead they just do whatever it takes to get re-elected and give themselves more money and a better life. I think 90% of them could care less about the American people. We need to come up with a better system to get these crooks out of office!
    It's simple... vote them out. Oh, wait!!! People keep electing them! Why is that?

Sure, vote them out, the next ones come and do the same thing, LOL. So what's the solution, a revolution? This system is deeply compromised, most people don't know what to do.

Nah, it's not a joke. During hard times, it's common to see the ones in power become even richer and more powerful and the weak and poor people to become even weaker and poorer. It's a vicious cycle. Look at the class inequality chart for the US. It's been widening for a very long time now.

For the US and all over the world, medium class where it still existed has been crushed lately and the richer continue to get richer, it makes no sense, but it makes an evidence on who is ruling the world.