+ Reply to Thread

Did you believe in Santa when you were a kid?

Santa was real for me when I was a kid, but, I believed and believed then even though I was nice and believed in him I don't know why I didn't get any presents under our Christmas tree, often it's money that I receive (From my parents) but, I knew that Santa has been just an imaginary person when I was 5.

:spin2:

Re: Did you believe in Santa when you were a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by bala24 View Post
    To blurt out the truth straightaway.I love santa,even now as i do for freebies : but during my kiddo days i didn't trust Santa until once my uncle dressed up as santa and gave me a huge teddy as i had wished for on christmas night.
    Even now I love Santa,you may think i am kiddish but its a special feeling.:crazy1:
    I know that feeling, but, never one of my relatives dressed up as Santa and I was really hoping that he would show up.

Lol no I didn't. I caught my parents wrapping gifts when I was like 4 and knew it was bullshit. It was still fun to pretend and I didn't ruin it for other kids.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Wooah !@! You discerned that so early ?.You were probably a highly matured kid to perceive those stuff.That second part drove me nuts..:yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA:
    You deserve some kudos to actually give the other kids some Fun.._/\_:
    Thanks lol! We all like to pretend sometimes! :)
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Quote Originally Posted by Poynt View Post
    Santa was real for me when I was a kid, but, I believed and believed then even though I was nice and believed in him I don't know why I didn't get any presents under our Christmas tree, often it's money that I receive (From my parents) but, I knew that Santa has been just an imaginary person when I was 5.

:spin2:
    Never had a Christmas tree. But I always had Christmas movies that sure did fool me. I thought Santa was real up until age 7 when I became more sensible. Santa is a rumour; a tale; a fiction. It's sad when we deceive kids with these stories. Santa aint coming with no gift for you. End of story. :freak3:

To blurt out the truth straightaway.I love santa,even now as i do for freebies : but during my kiddo days i didn't trust Santa until once my uncle dressed up as santa and gave me a huge teddy as i had wished for on christmas night.
    Even now I love Santa,you may think i am kiddish but its a special feeling.:crazy1:
    Yes, you are kiddish...or rather...childish...anyhow, they fooled all of us. We are but slaves of the system. :sun_smiley:

Wooah !@! You discerned that so early ?.You were probably a highly matured kid to perceive those stuff.That second part drove me nuts..:yelcutelaughA::yelcutelaughA:
    You deserve some kudos to actually give the other kids some Fun.._/\_:
    It doesn't take much to discern fiction. Even so, we have some honest parents who will be honest with us about this Santa Fiction.

Yes, I believed in Santa when I was a kid. I loved getting presents from him and my parents. It seemed like there were a lot more back then. I can't really remember how I figured out that he wasn't real, but I was pretty disappointed though. Once I figured out about him I realized that the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy were fake too. lol

I never believed in all that Santa crap, my parents also never indulged us in that sham, but since I live in Asia, if I remember correctly I think I may have thought that he really exists in another country, but I don't think he really delivers the presents to every kid's homes by midnight, that would be impossible! And him using the reindeers as his vehicle? That's absurd!

I strongly believed in Santa up until roughly age 6. That's when I stopped writing my Christmas wishlist and hope that Santa would get me the new Robotech toy that has been advertising on television a lot back then. However, I once wrote a letter to Santa when I was in my late teens.

It was addressed as follows:

Santa Claus
    His House in the North Pole
    H0H0H0

I sent this in the Spring. Then sometime in the Summer, I received a response. I was so excited in a faking-it sort of way. I quickly opened my letter in front of my mom and it pretty much gave me a generic robotic message to be good towards my parents and do well in school.

I was out of school by then. Surely Santa should know! :mxmas:

My older brother sort of ruined the whole Santa experience for me when I was a kid. He explained to me when I was 7 years old.

Yes of course I believed in Santa as a kid. I got in a fistfight in 3rd grade when I heard from a kid in the school parking lot (post lunch time). I wouldn't believe it and it was a wintery brawl. I ended up in a room with the Principle (Catholic Nun) and the other kid. When she heard what the fight was over, she immediately kicked us out and we were sent back to class.

The thing that's EVIL are TV shows that spoil the magic of Santa.....I have a 12 year old and 6 year old nephews in my house and it should be ILLEGAL for people to rape children's innocence of hope and joy by saying there isn't a Santa Claus.