+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 33

Thread: Romans 13

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Romans 13

    Here is a chapter that is used as a scam by the "higher powers" of government.

    Romans 13:1, "Let every person be suibject to the governming authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

    Let's apply that to US government. If we accept this as true, then there should be no US government, nor should christians observe any US laws, since the US came into existence by proclaiming that all men have inalienable rights given by their creator. We exist because we declared it God's will that we should revolt when government abuses its power. That is directly opposed to Romans 13:1.

    "Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgement."

    By those two verses, the US is a sinner nation, not a christian nation, since they have declared the same right that Lucifer declared before God; the right to rebellion. Didn't Lucifer declare his own power to judge himself as to right or wrong? Certainly the US has declared that it can decide by the will of force that it can do so.

    "For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad".

    Here we seem to have a change. We should be subject to higher powers because rulers are a terror to bad works. Then we shouldn't obey rulers that punish good, should we?

    "Would you have nmo fear of him who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval".

    IOW, if I can show that certain works are good, and in accordance with the teachings of the bible, I should receive the approval of government, should I not?

    "For he is God's servant for your good".

    So, does the state judge what is my good, or do I judge and demonstrate what is for my good? Does the state have a mind or conscience apart from its citizens?

    "But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer."

    So, if the government is the servant of God, is the servant able to do what it wishes? Or are there judgements of right and wrong which we must obey? If the govrnment is absolute authority of God, why did we challenge Hitler for killing six million Jews? Why did we topple Saddam Hussein's government?
    Why did we fight a war over slavery?
    Certainly atrocities are permitted if the government is God's power of wrath.

    Or are we justifying our government over others? Maybe it's our government that does no wrong.

    "Therefore, one must be subject, not only to avoid God's wrath, but also for the sake of conscience".

    So we must obey out of conscience, which each of us has and to which each of us must respond.

    So, if someone says we must support US policy and pay our taxes even if we consider it wrong, then the government represents God even if we know it is wrong?

    Then the US has no business existing.

    "For the same reason you pay taxes".

    What reason? For conscience! If my conscience says a US policy will lead to disaster, then I am not obliged to pay taxes in violation of my conscience! What man or government can rule another person's conscience?
    NONE!

    "For the authorities are the ministers of God, ATTENDING TO THIS VERY THING. Pay all of them their dues. Taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due."

    So, do we pay respect and honor to those whom we know are evil? Do we honor a thief?

    All government of God is bound by the conscience and well doing of honest citizens.

    "Owe no one anything, except to love one another."

    If my government demands war, and I believe I should not owe them taxes for war, should I pay them taxes? Paul says I only owe love to others.

    If the government says I should owe taxes to give to others who do not work, do I owe taxes? Paul says we owe only love for others.

    If the government creates a system in which the only way it creates "money" is to create debt which I must repay, do I owe it taxes, or respect, or honor? No, because it takes away from me my right to be self sufficient and independent, so that I may owe no one.

    "The commandments, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not covet, and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' ".

    If a nation or government forces me to violate any one of those commandments, then I have the right to disobey that government.

    If a government prints paper money that has no value, and its only credibility are the images printed on it, then I have the right to refuse to pay taxes to that government, ince they use those pieces of paper to do as they wish without my vote or my approval. They have made themselves the standard of all value, and in doing so, they stand above the power of God. They create legal tender that forces me to live by standards they establish, which takes away my liberty to owe no man. They force me to violate the second commandment, which keeps me from living the law of love. They are therefore opposed to God.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Here is a chapter that is used as a scam by the "higher powers" of government.

    Romans 13:1, "Let every person be suibject to the governming authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

    Let's apply that to US government. If we accept this as true, then there should be no US government, nor should christians observe any US laws, since the US came into existence by proclaiming that all men have inalienable rights given by their creator. We exist because we declared it God's will that we should revolt when government abuses its power. That is directly opposed to Romans 13:1.

    "Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgement."

    By those two verses, the US is a sinner nation, not a christian nation, since they have declared the same right that Lucifer declared before God; the right to rebellion. Didn't Lucifer declare his own power to judge himself as to right or wrong? Certainly the US has declared that it can decide by the will of force that it can do so.

    "For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad".

    Here we seem to have a change. We should be subject to higher powers because rulers are a terror to bad works. Then we shouldn't obey rulers that punish good, should we?

    "Would you have nmo fear of him who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval".

    IOW, if I can show that certain works are good, and in accordance with the teachings of the bible, I should receive the approval of government, should I not?

    "For he is God's servant for your good".

    So, does the state judge what is my good, or do I judge and demonstrate what is for my good? Does the state have a mind or conscience apart from its citizens?

    "But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer."

    So, if the government is the servant of God, is the servant able to do what it wishes? Or are there judgements of right and wrong which we must obey? If the govrnment is absolute authority of God, why did we challenge Hitler for killing six million Jews? Why did we topple Saddam Hussein's government?
    Why did we fight a war over slavery?
    Certainly atrocities are permitted if the government is God's power of wrath.

    Or are we justifying our government over others? Maybe it's our government that does no wrong.

    "Therefore, one must be subject, not only to avoid God's wrath, but also for the sake of conscience".

    So we must obey out of conscience, which each of us has and to which each of us must respond.

    So, if someone says we must support US policy and pay our taxes even if we consider it wrong, then the government represents God even if we know it is wrong?

    Then the US has no business existing.

    "For the same reason you pay taxes".

    What reason? For conscience! If my conscience says a US policy will lead to disaster, then I am not obliged to pay taxes in violation of my conscience! What man or government can rule another person's conscience?
    NONE!

    "For the authorities are the ministers of God, ATTENDING TO THIS VERY THING. Pay all of them their dues. Taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due."

    So, do we pay respect and honor to those whom we know are evil? Do we honor a thief?

    All government of God is bound by the conscience and well doing of honest citizens.

    "Owe no one anything, except to love one another."

    If my government demands war, and I believe I should not owe them taxes for war, should I pay them taxes? Paul says I only owe love to others.

    If the government says I should owe taxes to give to others who do not work, do I owe taxes? Paul says we owe only love for others.

    If the government creates a system in which the only way it creates "money" is to create debt which I must repay, do I owe it taxes, or respect, or honor? No, because it takes away from me my right to be self sufficient and independent, so that I may owe no one.

    "The commandments, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not covet, and any other commandment, are summed up in this sentence 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' ".

    If a nation or government forces me to violate any one of those commandments, then I have the right to disobey that government.

    If a government prints paper money that has no value, and its only credibility are the images printed on it, then I have the right to refuse to pay taxes to that government, ince they use those pieces of paper to do as they wish without my vote or my approval. They have made themselves the standard of all value, and in doing so, they stand above the power of God. They create legal tender that forces me to live by standards they establish, which takes away my liberty to owe no man. They force me to violate the second commandment, which keeps me from living the law of love. They are therefore opposed to God.



    So, what you're saying is, Jesus shouldn't have paid taxes to the very government that had Him crucified?



    Hey, just askin!

    .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryKnee View Post
    So, what you're saying is, Jesus shouldn't have paid taxes to the very government that had Him crucified?



    Hey, just askin!

    .
    That makes sense to me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    That makes sense to me.
    Ah, so Jesus was wrong, and therefore He isn't God, and therefore He couldn't take on the sins of the world...



    Is that what you believe?


    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryKnee View Post
    Ah, so Jesus was wrong, and therefore He isn't God, and therefore He couldn't take on the sins of the world...



    Is that what you believe?


    .
    Jesus was wrong about what?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    553

    Re: Romans 13

    Paul who wrote this book was not Jesus, wasn't a Disciple of Jesus in a book assembled by men leaving out several texts including the Gospel of Mary of Mary of Magdela's ministry. I would argue did Jesus say anything in opposition to rebellion that created the nation. I would say that is also in violation.

    But since there are MANY faiths in this nation and no one faith should decide matters of state rather we should assume the power we are given, the right to vote and redress the government for grievences as free citizens.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by rubyslippers View Post
    Paul who wrote this book was not Jesus, wasn't a Disciple of Jesus in a book assembled by men leaving out several texts including the Gospel of Mary of Mary of Magdela's ministry.
    IOW, you agree with the 1st Amendment, that congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of a religion nor prohibiting the free exercise therof.

    I would argue did Jesus say anything in opposition to rebellion that created the nation. I would say that is also in violation.
    I assume that you are concluding that the US is in violation of the bible. If so, then it is not a legitimate nation since it is based on a self evident truth that all men are endowed by their creator with inalienable rights. Since their "authority" points to a creator, and since you say they are in violation of Jesus' teaching, they have no legitimate authority to collect taxes.

    But since there are MANY faiths in this nation and no one faith should decide matters of state rather we should assume the power we are given, the right to vote and redress the government for grievences as free citizens.

    That would be nice, except that the power we are given is based on the inalienable rights given by our creator, a right on which no person can agree as to content, as you plainly state above. Why should one be forced to do that which can be shown to have no authority whatever? Why should I do anything because it is your stated opinion?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: Romans 13

    if.....'my kingdom is not of this world',what difference does paying taxes make!?:crazy1: : :spin2: hehe!!....just askn..
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    if.....'my kingdom is not of this world',what difference does paying taxes make!?:crazy1: : :spin2: hehe!!....just askn..
    Very simple. Since people use Jesus' statement to "render unto Caesar", I merely point out that Jesus' reference to images also connects the 2nd commandment, and images are forbidden as a form of worship or to bow down.

    But you do have a point. Since the Pharisees were only concerned with God's law on the matter, and since Jesus has offered us grace, why would it be important?

    It is important only to the extent that some people would use Jesus' statement to force others to pay taxes. You actually make my point for me, Lexx. Since it is of no concern, and Jesus' kingdom is not of this world(age), no christian can use Jesus' teaching to enforce taxpaying on others.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Here is a chapter that is used as a scam by the "higher powers" of government.

    Romans 13:1, "Let every person be suibject to the governming authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."


    Do you believe man is a sinner such that he deserves to be punished by God, eternally?


    just askin
    .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    553

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    IOW, you agree with the 1st Amendment, that congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of a religion nor prohibiting the free exercise therof.
    Yes but for me that goes both ways the government cannot establish or prohibit (at least without a VERY strong reason) religious activity. But that doesn't state a religion should not pay taxes or get special benefits such as tax-exempt status which I view as unfairly encouraging religious activity in violation of the 1st Amendment. The Amendment in fact demands that any Church be treated just like any other public entity in that matter.

    Churches should have free speech and be able to in return to speak according to their conscience on any social or political issue, for or against anyone running for office and do so protected. In return for paying taxes on Church holdings just like if they were a Dunkin' Donuts or any other commercial holding.

    In the 1st Amendment there is no fundamental and two-way Seperation of Church and State its simply bans the establishing of an official faith and unduly limiting religious expression, nothing more.

    So I would say as an American not just you but EVERY square inch of religious use property not reasonably tax-exempt for another legitimate reason, should pay taxes fully. I do see value in say a homeless shelter or other legitimate charity use that could be granted to any non-profit. But why say there can be a Megachurch bringing in many millions of dollars doesn't pay property taxes and the like is obscene and an abuse of the Constitution. And it harms the religions free speech but unduly limiting it in public matters so taxation is good to pay it liberates you to speak out as your faiths wish.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    The Amendment in fact demands that any Church be treated just like any other public entity in that matter.
    In fact it doesn't. Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment or prohibiting the free exercise therof. No law means no law. Any other public entity not of religious nature can be regulated according to the dictates of congress and the people. Congress can make no law regarding the paying of taxes or any other activity by religion that it decides is worthy of obedience to God. While it should not exempt certain religions from taxation, it also should not include any religion in the process of taxation unless that religion so desires. That's what "no law" means. Taxpaying within religion is purely voluntary since congress can make no law regarding establishment of religion or prohibiting free exercise.

    If congress recognizes the tax status of any religion one way or another, it "regards the establishment" of religion.


    So I would say as an American not just you but EVERY square inch of religious use property not reasonably tax-exempt for another legitimate reason, should pay taxes fully.
    Yes, but laws are not made on your opinion or mine. If opinions established religious truths, congress could still make no law regarding the establishment of religion, since opinions are like anal orifices. Everybody has one.

    I do see value in say a homeless shelter or other legitimate charity use that could be granted to any non-profit. But why say there can be a Megachurch bringing in many millions of dollars doesn't pay property taxes and the like is obscene and an abuse of the Constitution. And it harms the religions free speech but unduly limiting it in public matters so taxation is good to pay it liberates you to speak out as your faiths wish.
    Then give to a homeless shelter and don't give to a megachurch.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryKnee View Post
    Do you believe man is a sinner such that he deserves to be punished by God, eternally?


    just askin
    .
    Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death. Not eternal hellfire. If one dies, then one has paid the penalty for sin.

    The concept of hell as taught in the churches is as pagan as Easter, Christmas, or Halloween. It is easily debunked by a number of religions that study the bible.

    "Sin" is merely the inability to keep the law. None can do it perfectly, and now even Godel's theorem in mathematics demonstrates our inability to pursue any finite, rational, mechanical process to the achievement of truth.

    That is essentially what Paul stated in Romans 7, that it is impossible to keep the law, and therefore all are under the penalty of sin, which is death and nothing more.

    Romans 5:18 reveals the full nature of the sacrifice of Christ:

    "Then as one man's(Adam's) trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one man's act of righteousness leads to acquittal and life for all men."

    The reasoning here is quite simple. If an act of one man can condemn all others to death regardless of their choices, then one man's act of righteous sacrifice can acquit all men regardless of their choices.

    Romans 5:10 is also quite clear on the matter. "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his son, much more now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."

    Notice it is not our life or our choices that "save" us. It is Jesus' life.

    It is established in the study of human intelligence as it pertains to artificial intelligence that the brain operates at a level which the conscious mind cannot perceive nor control. There is such complexity that the "software" of the mind is unable to deal with the "hardware" of the brain.

    Like a computer, it is impossible for the software to reach into the hardware and alter the circuitry of the hardware, since the software is dependent on the circuitry of the hardware. In that same fashion, the conscious mind cannot simply change the workings of the brain so that "good" is produced.

    There are two important reasons for this: first, we cannot define what is "good" or what is true by any rational finite method. Second is the reason I defined above. Even assuming we could define truth or goodness or beauty in a complete way, we cannot reach into the hardware of our brain and alter its function with the software of our minds.

    Paul points this out in Romans 7:15: "I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very things I hate....I can will what is right, but I cannot do it."

    As I mentioned, the "low level" brain works at such a complexity that the mind cannot grasp or correct the workings. This means, basically, that there are two levels, one which seeks to correct the "higher" functions of choice, which is often driven to error, and the "lower" finctions of the brain, which worke exactly as programmed, keeping us alive.

    Paul parallels this in Romans 7:23:

    "But I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members."

    Since we cannot understand the process of our brains such that we can harness them for good, we die. There is no process by which the human brain can avoid death. Therefore, Paul simply makes an obvious statement in Rimans 6:23. The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life.

    Can we make choices that deliver us from death? No, either scientifically or biblically. We die, period.

    Paul further states this in Romans 9:16. "So it depends not upon man's will or exertion, but upon God's mercy."

    Ephesians 2:8-9 says basically the same thing.

    Assuming there is a choice or algorithm by which we can get from "here" to "God", we would be forced to conclude that that procedure can be programmed into computers, thus creating Artificial Intelligence which is better at being the son of God than ourselves, since its programming would allow it to live perfectly with no sin. Anything which can be understood and translated to language can be translated to algoritms, which means it can be programmed into a computer. Any choice process by which the human mind could achieve godhood would be also accessible to a computer, assuming the Church-Turing thesis is true, and we have no way of disproving it yet.

    Either the sacrifice of Christ frees all people from eternal death, or no one is freed, since there is no decision procedure by which we can achieve eternal life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death. Not eternal hellfire. If one dies, then one has paid the penalty for sin.

    Romans 5:18 reveals the full nature of the sacrifice of Christ:

    "Then as one man's(Adam's) trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one man's act of righteousness leads to acquittal and life for all men."


    Romans 5:10 is also quite clear on the matter. "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his son, much more now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."

    Paul points this out in Romans 7:15: "I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very things I hate....I can will what is right, but I cannot do it."


    Paul parallels this in Romans 7:23:

    "But I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members."


    And those whose name is not written in the Book of Life were cast into the Lake of Fire. (Rev 20:15)



    ...of instruction about washings and laying of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal punishment. (Heb 6:2)



    [Jesus said] "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matth 25: 46)



    [Jesus said] "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels..." (Matt 25:41)




    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Paul further states this in Romans 9:16. "So it depends not upon man's will or exertion, but upon God's mercy."

    Ephesians 2:8-9 says basically the same thing.

    Either the sacrifice of Christ frees all people from eternal death, or no one is freed, since there is no decision procedure by which we can achieve eternal life.



    Jesus paid the full payment price for the sins of the whole
    world, per 1 John 2:2

    BUT, not everyone is bought ... 1 Cor 7:23



    No one can come to God unless He draws that person to Himself, per John 6:44

    God grants repentance - that is, the ability to decide for Christ is in itself a gift of the Father, per 2 Timothy 2:25

    Faith in itself is a gift of God, per Ephesians 2:8, 9




    So here is how it works: God grants that person the ability to decide for Christ, and although Jesus paid the full payment price for everyone - not everyone is bought from the slave market of sin...


    So, the payment was made, but not everyone is redeemed...

    ...and those who are not redeemed will end up in the Lake of Fire.




    "But that's not fair!"


    But who are you, OH MAN, to talk back to God! (Romans 9:20)





    .
    Last edited by EveryKnee; 12-17-2008 at 08:21 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryKnee View Post
    And those whose name is not written in the Book of Life were cast into the Lake of Fire. (Rev 20:15)
    If you read carefully, you will see that all were judged by what they had done. Not by any belief or faith, but by what they had done. There was only the mention of two individuals whose names were clearly not written in the book of life, and that was the false prophet and beast, who were already in the lake of fire.



    ...of instruction about washings and laying of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal punishment
    . (Heb 6:2)
    You will notice also that in terms of "eternal punishment(rendered 'judgement' in other translations) Paul spoke of those who had "tasted enlightenment" and had then turned back to evil. IOW, eternal punishment was reserved for those who had seen truth and rejected it. As I've already pointed out, Paul writes in Romans 8:7 that the carnal(natural, biological) mind is enmity against God and cannot be subject to his laws, thus resulting in over 30,000 versions of christianity. Even discovering which one of those versions is actually the truth would be impossible, since the natural mind is enmity against God. You and I can argue over this til hell freezes over. You will believe what you wish, and you will prove nothing, because you can't. That's why there are over 30,000 versions of christianity.

    If you compare the above scripture with Rev. 20:15, you will see that only Satan and his angels could be the ones whose names were not written in the book of life, since they alone knew the truth and rejected it.



    [Jesus said] "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." (Matth 25: 46)
    So, everyone that refused to give a cup of water or food to the needy will go to hell? That's a tough one. We need to pass laws that guarantee everyone gets a fair share of food and water, don't we?



    [Jesus said] "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels..." (Matt 25:41)
    So, we're back at the original conclusion. Who was the fire prepqared for? The devil and his angels, as Paul pointed out in Hebrews 6:2, speaking of those who had tasted "enlightenment" and refused it.

    In each case, you have merely shown that only the devil and his angels would be thrown in the Lake of Fire, and you have culminated your argument with Jesus' plain statement that it was prepared specifically for the devil and his angels.









    Jesus paid the full payment price for the sins of the whole world, per 1 John 2:2

    BUT, not everyone is bought
    ... 1 Cor 7:23
    A good one. If we are bought with a price, we are not to become the slaves of men, meaning we do not need to join the confusing and ridiculous religions of men. This compares favorable with 2 Peter 2:19 and Matthew 24:23. In either case, we are told not to follow men, which canfcels religion altogether.



    No one can come to God unless He draws that person to Himself,
    per John 6:44
    Precisely. And along with Romans 8:29-30 and Romans 9:16, there exists no decision procedure by which we can get from "here" to "God", which cancels religions yet again.

    God grants repentance - that is, the ability to decide for Christ is in itself a gift of the Father,
    per 2 Timothy 2:25
    There is no "decision for Christ". God already knows who his children are, per Romans 8:29-30. Whatever you choose, it is merely according to your belief.

    Faith in itself is a gift of God
    , per Ephesians 2:8, 9
    Exactly. There is no decision procedure anyone can make, because there is no way to define truth in one package. This is consistent with Godel's theorem.




    So here is how it works: God grants that person the ability to decide for Christ, and although Jesus paid the full payment price for everyone - not everyone is bought from the slave market of sin...


    That's funny. You haven't shown me one scripture that says not everyone is bought from the slave market of sin.


    So, the payment was made, but not everyone is redeemed...

    ...and those who are not redeemed will end up in the Lake of Fire.


    And those specifically named for the Lake of Fire are named by Jesus himself. The devil and his angels. No one else is named.



    "But that's not fair!"


    But who are you, OH MAN, to talk back to God! (Romans 9:20)
    You have shown me nothing that says people will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Everything you have shown points only to the devil and his angels.

    To say otherwise is to ignore Romans11:32: "For God has consigned all men to disobedience, that He may have mercy on all."

    Or Romans 11:26, which says all Israel shall be saved.

    As I said the wages of sin is death. To judge anyone for something he has done after he has died is not mentioned even in the book of Revelation. There is nothing saying they are judged for what they did before resurrection, only judgement after resurrection, after the thousand years when Satan is let loose to deceive men again.

    I think you're adding things that aren't there.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: Romans 13

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Very simple. Since people use Jesus' statement to "render unto Caesar", I merely point out that Jesus' reference to images also connects the 2nd commandment, and images are forbidden as a form of worship or to bow down.

    But you do have a point. Since the Pharisees were only concerned with God's law on the matter, and since Jesus has offered us grace, why would it be important?

    It is important only to the extent that some people would use Jesus' statement to force others to pay taxes. You actually make my point for me, Lexx. Since it is of no concern, and Jesus' kingdom is not of this world(age), no christian can use Jesus' teaching to enforce taxpaying on others.
    when you say enforce do you mean demand,dictate,rebuke,coerce,imply or suggest!?and if jesus payed the tax surely he did it as an example for all and not just the wise!?and he even gave a reason beyond the demand of taxation!?it was in the image of caesar,therefore it belonged to caesar!?:freak3: :spin2: :judges: hehe!!.......just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Similar Threads

  1. It was the Romans
    By Qi123 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 03:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •