+ Reply to Thread

When Science, Medicine And Religion Agree

Is it just me, or do other people get the impression from the headways science and medicine are making that they are beginning to explain religion in ways that religions agree with?

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'm seeing a day when scientists, doctors and church leaders actually work together to get problems solved.

Re: When Science, Medicine And Religion Agree

In studying health information we cover a wide range of subjects including DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid) and there are many scientists who agree that we may never be able to completely figure out the structure of DNA with their reasoning being that it had to have been created by a far more intelligent creator.

When you really stop to think about it the molecule known as DNA contains a genetic code that determines not only the growth of each and every living organism including a good number of viruses, but their actual functions, as well.

Basically, imagine trying to figure out the structure that makes everyone and everything in the world unique not only in their initial development, but in their structure also!

It's pretty mind boggling to say the least and it is when a person is studying DNA, too. :spin2:

Last edited by Administrator; 01-17-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Re: When Science, Medicine And Religion Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Wayno View Post
    Is it just me, or do other people get the impression from the headways science and medicine are making that they are beginning to explain religion in ways that religions agree with?

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I'm seeing a day when scientists, doctors and church leaders actually work together to get problems solved.
    Truthfully I don't think things have been explained any better.

Truthfully I think religion is just getting crushed under the concepts of social justics, equality and the scientific evidence. Forcing them to find half passages or quotes to misinterpret in order to give that there beliefs haven't changed when they clearly have.

Many like the vatican have started to realize that they must adapt or die off.

The changes that they do make have been slow and generally only after the ideas are so mainstream that they become completly impossible to avoid any longer.

When they do make changes it comes as a series of begrudging concessions as if they are being dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century.