+ Reply to Thread

Pope Francis: Reformer, or Destroying the Catholic Church?

Pope Francis has been widely hailed as a transformational Pope, shifting the Catholic Church's emphasis from issues like homosexual condemnation and strident opposition to abortion to things like feeding the poor and addressing the growing wealth disparities worldwide.

What do you think of this controversial figure? Is he cool and wise, or ignoring the important issues of the day in favor of more politically palatable ones?
    -Jestakilla
    the Erudite Juggalo

Re: Pope Francis: Reformer, or Destroying the Catholic Church?

For me I think he's a great pope and I think he does whatever it takes to help everyone. He donated about 100k euros to the Haiyan victims so, I think he's cool.

I love the new pope.

He is trying to change the focus of Catholicism. People have been leaving this religion because they can't relate to the principals taught by leaders. Then, of course, there's all of the scandals (child molestation/misappropriation of funds).

So, someone needed to come in and bring people back. He's trying to get Christians to remember the ABCs of religion. The ABCs have to do with loving others, being sober minded and a decent role model.

This is the first pope that I can remember that is actually emulating some, if not all, of Jesus' virtues. Humility being the most important. Another is the fact that even though he might be the pope, he is still a sinner, which was evidenced by the fact that he confesses multiple times a week.

He is certainly moving things in the right direction.

He can address the bigger, more controversial, issues later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    This is the first pope that I can remember that is actually emulating some, if not all, of Jesus' virtues. Humility being the most important. Another is the fact that even though he might be the pope, he is still a sinner, which was evidenced by the fact that he confesses multiple times a week.

He is certainly moving things in the right direction.

He can address the bigger, more controversial, issues later on.
    to SOLVE the BIG you work on the SMALL?! :judges: :chicken: :crazy1: :bunny:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    to SOLVE the BIG you work on the SMALL?! :judges: :chicken: :crazy1: :bunny:
    It may be a big step for a better Catholic Church. Any religion should be about helping humanity in way or another.::sun_smiley::king22: