+ Reply to Thread

www.ivetriedthat.com- The OWNER is Scam artist!

This guy Joe is nothing more than a scam artist and a liar. He has a website called "I've Tried That" but yet he boldly states on his website, when he's tearing down other companies, that HE"S NEVER EVEN TRIED THEM! How can you trust a guy who lies even in his website name? The first thing that comes out of Joe's mouth is a lie! Not to mention, he is making money off his gullible readers by getting them to trust him and then selling the same crap he's supposedly against?? Did you notice his $9.99 Ebook?
    I bet he is making a killing off of his audience. He's calling out several online businesses by saying they are scams or misleading but he is the biggest SCAM ARTIST of all that is misleading EVERYONE! It's a dog-eat-dog business world out there and his tactics are very good! Good job Joe ! He should write an Ebook on how to manipulate people into trusting you enough to open their wallets!
    This is actually a common tactic that experienced marketeers use. It's a common "marketing TACTIC". $9.99 for an Ebook can amount to quite a bit of money when you have thousands of readers that you've conned and built trust with regardless of the fact that his book isn't worth a CENT! That's not to say that there aren't companies on his website that are scams. I'm sure some are. However, his scam website should be at the top of that list!!
    Sorry Joe, I guess I blew yor cover! The bottom line is- DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!! I stumbled upon his website and Joe's hidden agenda was obvious to me from day 1.
    That's because I have a marketing degree so I pretty much know all the tactics used in this field. I hate lying SCAMMERS like Joe especially when they have to resort to tricking people into buying their products. You can't get much lower than that!

Re: www.ivetriedthat.com- The OWNER is Scam artist

Actually Joe is pretty good at busting scams.

How can you trust a guy who lies even in his website name?
    You are on website called scam.com . You would think from the name that goal of this website would be promoting scams. But it is not. So learn to live in the world where website name does not relate 100% to website purpose.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 11-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Like I said before, I'm sure a lot of them are scams but I'm not going to swear by it when I've never even tried them myself. The main thing that bugs me is he should not be charging someone for a work at home Ebook when he's the one ranting about "Why should you have to pay for work?" Isn't this a double standard? What a hippocrite! He thinks because it's only 10 bucks that it's okay? I'll believe him when he takes the price off his book and gives it away for FREE> The man has ulterior motives. That will prove to me that he is genuine and isn't just in it for the money. His greatest tactic is that he doesn't push the book on you. He casually puts it out there though, and that's what makes him so believable. I know when I'm being conned. I just can't believe that I'm the first person that noticed this. I say they are ALL SCAMS and if anyone wants to work, then go get a job outside the home. STAY AWAY from all internet jobs PERIOD! In my opinion, Joe is NO different from the rest of the scam artists out there! This is why I'll probably NEVER ever get an internet job. It's very depressing.

The funny things is that I almost liked the guy and was really digging his website until he so casually brought up his Ebook. Then I saw that he was charging a fee for it, and that just threw me. I realized that was the bait he threw out for gullible and trusting readers. What a disappointing moment that was. It seems like you can't trust anyone these days. I had the same thing happen when I trusted this used car salesman a few years back. They build up your trust and then hook you!

Quote Originally Posted by armandocastrello View Post
    Like I said before, I'm sure a lot of them are scams but I'm not going to swear by it when I've never even tried them myself. The main thing that bugs me is he should not be charging someone for a work at home Ebook when he's the one ranting about "Why should you have to pay for work?" Isn't this a double standard? What a hippocrite!
    I can see your point. Is it really possible to claim programs or websites as scams if you personally haven't had any dealings with them?

Even sites or programs posted on this site - are they really all scams. Whats to say that someone with a personal vendetta against someone, can just come in here and call them a scammer and ruin their reputation when in actual fact they may be completely genuine?

There are sometimes people who come here and are just upset.. you see it all the time with the people who claim vistaprint is a scam or that mary kay is a scam..

Neither are scams obviously.. what most people here call scams.. ARE scams.. cash gifting for instance.. but you will still see someone here everyday claiming that since it was "seen on Oprah" it's not a scam and the rest of us just don't know what we are talking about (if it WAS seen on Oprah, it was her pointing out that it was a scam)..

There are also all the other hundreds of "programs" that get called scams here and someone is always ready to defend them.. I can't tell you how long the whole 12dailypro debate went on before the owner was finally jailed.

Back on topic.. I'vetriedthat.. I've seen the site and for the most part the owner does a fairly good job.. if he has an ebook to sell.. well good for him.. again.. do your research.. is his ebook something you WANT to buy and will benefit from? If not.. then don't buy it.. if you don't like that he sells an ebook.. don't use his website.. there are tons of other great sites out there.

Then we have the MLM'ers.. not all MLM's are scams.. most are very good, but there ARE some that just don't hold water.

As with anything.. DO your research and USE your head and then USE your common sense..

Well, even the owner of WorkaHolics4Hire who actually was one of the first people to make the mantra "never pay for a job" famous sells a book on how to SEARCH for telecommuting work.

And even the Telework Coalition - one of the most important telecommuting sites online - lists TeleworkRecruiting as a viable source for telecommuting job leads and TeleworkRecruiting is a PAID membership - and lists Phil Montero's book "Lose Your Commute" which is NOT free either.

You can see the listings here:
    Telcoa.org list of resources for Telework Jobs and Opportunities

Quoted-
    "if he has an ebook to sell.. well good for him.. again.. do your
    research.. is his ebook something you WANT to buy and will benefit from?
    If not.. then don't buy it.. if you don't like that he sells an ebook.."

Well then what is the point of scam.com? Shouldn't you be saying this to all the complainers in here about each website people are throwing under
    the bus? If they don't like it then don't look at it? I think I have a right to my opinion just like every other Tom, Dick and Harry posting on this site.

Ive tried that - Ebook actually shows up in their search results which
    can be obtained by anyone for free.
    I came across it by accident and did read through some of it and thought
    it was crap! And as for using my head and my common sense, they tell me to
    never believe anyone online that goes this far to conceal their true agenda!

You've got the so called concerned people like Joe from ivetriedthat.com
    for instance, that try and warn you off of everything else accept of course his genuine $9.95 Ebook.. Give me a break!
    I see it all the time. Like I said before, it's nothing but an ingenious marketing tactic that many entrepreneurs use to gain your trust and that's ALL IT IS!
    The problem is that too many naive and gullible people fall for it hook, line and sinker every time!

You absolutely are entitled to your opinion and I didn't mean to sound like I thought you weren't.

All Im asking, is what part of this is a scam? You paid for an ebook and you got one.

I used to be of the same mindframe but these days Im even thinking of writing my own simply because people seem to want them. Information on ANYTHING can be found for free online but the majority of people don't want to search and read and research and find the truth. They want it all wrapped up in a neat little ebook from someone they "percieve" to be an "expert". Which is exactly what you did.

These days Im looking at ebooks the same as bottled water. I don't know how old you are but when someone first started marketing bottled water, everyone yelled "what a scam".

Well look what happened.. no one wants to take the time to search and find a water fountain anymore.. everyone runs to the nearest convenience store and buys a bottle of water... scam? Nope... just someone selling what everyone thinks they need and something that saves them a few minutes of time.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    You absolutely are entitled to your opinion and I didn't mean to sound like I thought you weren't.

All Im asking, is what part of this is a scam? You paid for an ebook and you got one.

I used to be of the same mindframe but these days Im even thinking of writing my own simply because people seem to want them. Information on ANYTHING can be found for free online but the majority of people don't want to search and read and research and find the truth. They want it all wrapped up in a neat little ebook from someone they "percieve" to be an "expert". Which is exactly what you did.

These days Im looking at ebooks the same as bottled water. I don't know how old you are but when someone first started marketing bottled water, everyone yelled "what a scam".

Well look what happened.. no one wants to take the time to search and find a water fountain anymore.. everyone runs to the nearest convenience store and buys a bottle of water... scam? Nope... just someone selling what everyone thinks they need and something that saves them a few minutes of time.
    Katie. I know you've been a big proponent of you can find job leads for free and that's true.

But what I've found is that the people who have had the most success are the ones that learn how to develop their OWN job leads - which is something I know you could write about. That's what Sylvie Fortin of WorkaHolics4Hire and Phil Montero of LoseYourCommute write about.

I wish I saw this little gem of a thread back when it was originally posted, but two weeks later here I am to defend our site. I'm Steve. The other owner at I've Tried That.

To think that we run the site just to sell our eBook is completely ridiculous. We don't force it on anyone either. If you want to help us, support our site, and learn a little bit about telecommuting, then by all means buy the book. If not, enjoy over 250 free pages of content that we have produced. I take it you haven't seen our free directory of work at home jobs? I won't link to it here but it's listed on every single one of our pages.

As for the name, no we don't try everything. Why? Because we're two normal dudes with a website. We don't have a huge bankroll to pay out $297 every time someone wants a scam investigaed. We gather information and report on the scams and offer our recommendation then. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. I ALWAYS look into a program first. If I read complaint after complaint after complaint about fraudualent and unauthorized charges on a credit card, HELL NO am I going to these scammers my personal and private information. I don't have the time or money to deal with identity theft.

I don't understand why this is a problem. We offer a free service to help those out who are turning to the Internet to make money. We offer a bit of guidance. Yes, we sell an ebook and no, you can't find it just by searching online. We don't shove it down our reader's throats either. We let them know that if they're interested in buying a book on telecommuting, well then check this book out. We are not making a killing off of our book. Hell, we're making next to nothing selling it. Also, in the year we've been selling it, we've had to process I think maybe two refunds. One person appreciated the book, but couldn't spare as much as $10 at the time. I gladly gave her her money back. The other person was looking for a get rich quick scheme and since we didn't offer it, he got angry and demanded a refund, which we gave him.

I can't tell you how many free copies I've given away to people who ask us for one. We realize we aren't dealing with the richest demographic and we are not out to just steal money from people. We put a lot of time and effort into the book and have been praised for writing it.

If you don't like our site, by all means, don't visit it. If you don't want to buy our book, DON'T! We're not forcing you to. But to call us scam artists is just downright ignorant.

EDIT: I found the link where the OP 'found' our book online. He actually came across the free 9-page sample we offer to show you a preview of what you would get if you buy the book. You can find that on our website too.
    Last edited by IveTriedThat; 12-18-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Online Scam Reviews at IveTriedThat.com

Quote Originally Posted by IveTriedThat View Post
    I wish I saw this little gem of a thread back when it was originally posted, but two weeks later here I am to defend our site. I'm Steve. The other owner at I've Tried That.

To think that we run the site just to sell our eBook is completely ridiculous. We don't force it on anyone either. If you want to help us, support our site, and learn a little bit about telecommuting, then by all means buy the book. If not, enjoy over 250 free pages of content that we have produced. I take it you haven't seen our free directory of work at home jobs? I won't link to it here but it's listed on every single one of our pages.

As for the name, no we don't try everything. Why? Because we're two normal dudes with a website. We don't have a huge bankroll to pay out $297 every time someone wants a scam investigaed. We gather information and report on the scams and offer our recommendation then. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. I ALWAYS look into a program first. If I read complaint after complaint after complaint about fraudualent and unauthorized charges on a credit card, HELL NO am I going to these scammers my personal and private information. I don't have the time or money to deal with identity theft.

I don't understand why this is a problem. We offer a free service to help those out who are turning to the Internet to make money. We offer a bit of guidance. Yes, we sell an ebook and no, you can't find it just by searching online. We don't shove it down our reader's throats either. We let them know that if they're interested in buying a book on telecommuting, well then check this book out. We are not making a killing off of our book. Hell, we're making next to nothing selling it. Also, in the year we've been selling it, we've had to process I think maybe two refunds. One person appreciated the book, but couldn't spare as much as $10 at the time. I gladly gave her her money back. The other person was looking for a get rich quick scheme and since we didn't offer it, he got angry and demanded a refund, which we gave him.

I can't tell you how many free copies I've given away to people who ask us for one. We realize we aren't dealing with the richest demographic and we are not out to just steal money from people. We put a lot of time and effort into the book and have been praised for writing it.

If you don't like our site, by all means, don't visit it. If you don't want to buy our book, DON'T! We're not forcing you to. But to call us scam artists is just downright ignorant.

EDIT: I found the link where the OP 'found' our book online. He actually came across the free 9-page sample we offer to show you a preview of what you would get if you buy the book. You can find that on our website too.
    Glad to see you guys here.

Yes, a bit of a ridiculous accusation.

I think there's been a lot of confusion over the mantra "never pay for a job".

Actually, the mantra never pay for a job does not apply to paying for INFORMATION, but rather paying for a job. There are lots of jobs out there, that are listed on *****slist that you later find out want a fee. Some of the secret shopping jobs want money upfront to buy a "kit" which are not refundable or the google scams which charge you every month to place ads on google (local mom makes 30,000 a month)...etc..

There are many marketers who basically knock all of the competitors and then "see how I made money" and then they direct you to a program that many times is a scam.

Or the marketer that is guilty of two sins-the first is showing you cars and houses and says I made money on that which he didn't (they are stock photos you can buy online) buy using this program. Then he sells you the program and the extra module--several new ones each time you buy one.
    His second sin is about 3 weeks after you bought "his" program he sends you an email saying how bob or teds or jimmy's new program is the greatest thing since sliced bread! It tells me that your program SUCKS and you are no longer making money from selling it to unsuspecting saps. When you do that I delete your email.

I will try the website for ivetriedthat.com and see what I come up with. If I like what I see, I may spring for his book. To see if he is a scam artist--unpry the figgen crowbar from you wallet. His program is 7.00. Buy it first before you call someone a scam.

I actually disagree that ivetriedthat.com is not a scam. I have found pretty useful resources on that site which helped me find legitimate ways to earn extra money during my spare time. I'm very knowlegable about most of the resources on his site and know that they are indeed worth trying out. As far as the ebook, I see nothing wrong with creating a product to make money. People do it all the time online.

Let's just be honest here. All these sites are CLEARLY here to make a buck. I've been in this internet game for over a decade and I know exactly how it works and how these forums profit. I read somewhere on here about scam.com comparing themselves to "I've tried that" and I disagree because I believe they are much different. I actually like scam.com for the most part because they are not personally attacking businesses or trying to take them down for a buck as "I've tried that" clearly is. I am all for helping the people not to get scammed, but what I am not for is a company telling you what you want hear just to steal a sale from another similar business. "I've Tried that.com" in my opinion uses very dirty marketing tactics to do this. I believe scam.com truly does seem to want to help people. (except on occasion when a moderator will sometimes defend some of the other programs. Not too keen on that.) It really should be left up to the members. It is freedom of speech and should be mainly for the peoples opinion here. The average person usually doesn't have an agenda, but "I've tried that" does and I know from personal experience. I've tried that has 3 or 4 people who came up with a clever way to basically redirect (steal) traffic that comes solely from interested parties trying to obtain information on a site they found interesting. "I've tried that" is targeting non traditional data entry/home typing programs in their same niche, yet promoting the EXACT same thing.The objection is purely to make a buck by commission and affiliate sales. I'm perfectly fine with commission sales as long as you are not throwing another business under the bus in order to get it.

I could easily open up a blog and write nothing but horrible reviews on businesses in my desired niche that I would be promoting in order to obtain adsense clicks and affiliate sales. Oh and sell my own personal ebook on data entry jobs. But my moral compass won't allow it. I see this has become quite a popular method amongst bloggers and the fact that "I've Tried That" is promoting "wealthy affiliate" leads me to believe they learned these dirty tactics right from wealthy affiliate themselves, so apparently that's what they'll be teaching you to do. Talk about hypocrisy 101! This is the program they project is so holier than thou in the data entry/ affiliate marketing world. It's purely propaganda in the world of "Data entry and home typing".

I was once a victim of Steve's/Joe's malicious, unsubstantiated and extremely hypocritical reviews. This was many years ago, however, it still bothers me when I see how many businesses they have torn down and it really bothers me that they still have all these outdated site reviews up and personal names on there blog which seems extremely defamatory. It's like, get some new information people. I had a website that contained basic affiliate marketing training which is EXACTLY what they sale through Wealthy Affiliate, yet they had the audacity to claim mine at the time was a scam over a small technicality. The funny thing was my program at that time was about 1/3rd the price of wealthy affiliate not counting it was only a one time fee. My business was pretty popular and in good standing until they got a hold of it. What upset me the most was that they wrote a BOGUS review making statements that were clearly untruths and saying things about my program that were obvious lies and ANYONE who was a member of my program at that time could clearly have validated that. You see, the name "I've tried that" means exactly that, but that statement is a lie. They didn't really "Try that" or anything. I know for a certain FACT they never bought my program, yet in their tagline they say - "We try it so you don't have to" or something to that effect. This makes it seem like they are actually spending their personal money just for you because they are such good samaritans (LOL) . The information they provided in that review was based on pure lies and slander because they said something that was the polar opposite of the truth. This proved without a doubt that Steve, Joe and ANY of their other staff members NEVER spent a dime checking out my program or any other for that matter, yet they based their entire review on that lie. Just sick. That's when I knew these guys do not really buy any of these programs as "I've Tried that" will of course try and convince you of. At any rate, you get my point. I see things very clearly in this business and it's just unfortunate that so many people online are mislead at every turn.What I've learned through the years working in many different types of online businesses is that many sites reviewed as a scam usually does really work. They just got a little too popular in the search engines and that's typically when they get targeted by dishonest Bloggers like ivetriedthat and another that just came out called amfastech Ran by a man from India named Sasidhar Kareti.

P.S and for the guy that got all bummed out on here and said he would never find a real online job online, that's absolutely not true. There are plenty of reliable programs on the web. My point is to just educate yourself on these types of blogs and know that not all of them are honest and don't have your best interest at heart. I really wish you all the best of luck in your online endeavors.
    Last edited by letsfindthetruth; 04-08-2015 at 08:59 AM.