+ Reply to Thread

TruAssets, LLC Craigslist Scam

I recently saw a job posting for property management contractors in a Craigslist ad. I got a quick response after expressing interest, and they also called right within a few hours of receiving my contact information. The company is called TruAssets, LLC, based out of California. They have a very nice website and seem very legitimate, but a couple things raised some red flags to me:

First, the extremely fast response seemed a little strange for a national company. Not only that, they called multiple times, which signals desperation to me. Second, there is no record of them on the Better Business Bureau website. They also wanted a lot of paperwork filled out with personal information and background check before the offer of employment. Lastly, my online research overall showed that they had some shady practices even for the people who claimed to work for them. I don't think this is a company that I would risk applying for.

Re: TruAssets, LLC Craigslist Scam

Given what you said I would not trust them. Then again I don't trust much listed on CL. I don't put much value in the BBB either.

Re: TruAssets, LLC Craigslist Scam

I don't even trust Craigslist as is. Just be careful with it in general. Tons and tons of scams on there.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable