+ Reply to Thread

Is Scientology A Scam ?

I just don't get how amazingly gullible you have to be to become a Scientologist. Don't these guys realize that their science fiction religion was founded by a science fiction writer who earlier had invented a science fiction religion just like it?

I get that it preys on people who are in a weak spot in their lives, but come on, people.
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-06-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    -Jestakilla
    the Erudite Juggalo

Re: Is Scientology A Scam ?

It's a cult and mostly designed for the Hollywood folks who are gullible enough to become pray to such nonsense. Everything Hollywood is filled with crap that leaves you in the end either dead, hooked to drugs or trampled by Satan.

I think Scientology is a cult. People following this religion definitely have not thought through their beliefs. It's really sad.

Males and females who seek out a higher power want to improve their lives. They don't want to be taken advantage of by greedy leaders seeking power, money and sex.

Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage

I always thought it was mostly for money laundering. You definitely have to "PAY" for the secrets every step of the way. Its a clever ponzi scheme with tax breaks. When you are Will Smith or Tom Cruise and make 20 million a film, you need all the tax breaks you can get.

• So it has elements of a religion.
    • So it has elements of a cult.
    • The whole dianetics angle touches on science of body loosely. I've seen some of their ghostbuster contraptions so that's a stretch to say the least.
    • So it has elements of a ponzi mlm scheme.
    • So it has elements of tax abuse.

They also dangle the carrot with the Alien (thetan angle) aspect with "levels" and "ranks"...its like a gay Yale fraternity at times.

I seriously think these guys know something serious about Aliens and them interbreeding (repilians) . It does sound cooky but nothing is never 100% not true............ meaning there's some valid points, but how it was expanded upon is up for debate.

Hope this cleared this subject up for you.
    Last edited by Opinion; 01-19-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

Quote Originally Posted by jestakilla View Post
    I just don't get how amazingly gullible you have to be to become a Scientologist. Don't these guys realize that their science fiction religion was founded by a science fiction writer who earlier had invented a science fiction religion just like it?

I get that it preys on people who are in a weak spot in their lives, but come on, people.
    I just don't get how amazingly gullible you have to be to become a member of any religion. Why is Scientology any sillier than multi-armed goddesses, angry giants throwing lighting bolts, water walkers, or whale belly adventures? Don't these guys realize that their religion was founded by writers trying to explain the unknown in a time when almost all science was unknown?

Which of these is sillier?

• God’s Creation – God created all things; the Biblical account of creation is completely trustworthy.
    • There is no god but God and Muhammad is his messenger.
    • In Buddhism, at the moment of death the consciousness (consciousness of the different senses, such as eye consciousness, ear consciousness etc.), acts as the seed for the spawning of the new consciousness in a new biological structure
    • As one progresses through a series of auditing "levels," one can eventually be restored to native state and can attain the status of "operating thetan," wherein one is free of attachments to the body and, even while "exterior" to (outside) the body, one can consciously control matter, energy, space, time, thought, and life.

Scientology is 100% a scam! It's based on L.Ron Hubbard's science fiction novels. They believe in some alien dude called Xenu or something along those lines.

While I do have spiritual beliefs, I do not subscribe in any way to any religious group. I feel that the teachings of many of them are valid and right. That they give us moral structure, and guidelines to live by. The rest is up to us.

Yes I think it is a scam for sure. Scientology was founded on a fiction writer so fill in the blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
    Yes I think it is a scam for sure. Scientology was founded on a fiction writer so fill in the blanks.
    This is a really REALLY good point. Never thought about this actually. Great post.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I just don't get how amazingly gullible you have to be to become a member of any religion.
    How about this song based on a bible story.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
    Isn't all religion based on a fictional book?
    But Scientology is a cult more than it is a religion though.

There is no way Scientology isn't a scam. And what differentiates it from most religions is that you have to pay a certain amount to progress. You want to be a more influential Muslim? Great, become one. Want to be a priest? Put in the time and effort, and go to the seminary to study.

You want to become higher up in Scientology? Better put your hands into your pockets! And don't forget that they tape every dirty little secret you tell them, so that they can blackmail you later if you try to leave.

It literally is a tax break charity scam that utilizes the "ladder" or "pyramid" structure of most illegal MLM programs.
    Ar15 - Your Firearm resource website

I think that it is indeed a scam, I find it amazing that so many people have bought into this bs, literally. Anything that Tom Cruise is a member of is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by jestakilla View Post

Scientology is no more or less of a scam than any other organized religion/cult.

Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
    ― Napoleon
    ~~~~~
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.
    ― Gene Roddenberry
    ~~~~~
    Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.
    ― Bill Hicks
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard