+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 22

  1. #1
    kathaj's Avatar
    kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    151

    Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being tr

    That's just un real.. what the hell does wal mart sell that is so important or in short supply that can make 200 grown people act like cows on the stampeed ??


    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...art_after.html
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.



    I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

  2. #2

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    That's just un real.. what the hell does wal mart sell that is so important or in short supply that can make 200 grown people act like cows on the stampeed ??


    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...art_after.html
    It happens every year all around the country. Just goes to show just how stupid some people can be. There was even a crowd like that right here in our little town of Jackson,WY. But it was controled by the police and no one was hurt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    589

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    I hope they do find these people and file charges....there were people complaining because they closed the store. How could you shop in a store while there was a poor guy dead, because someone needed to get their kid a freaking toy that was on sale?

    I am so glad I do not work at walmart anymore....people are nuts on Blitz day!! I have seen punches thrown, employees cut with box cutters because they are pushed out of they way while they are taking the plastic off of the pallets, old ladies fight (that part is actually funny), and so much crazy shit.....all for a deal...grow up people.

    My happy ass slept in an went to walmart around 10....and wouldnt ya know 90% of what was on sale..was still there. I went yesterday...at least 60% of sales still going.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

  4. #4

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    I hope they do find these people and file charges....there were people complaining because they closed the store. How could you shop in a store while there was a poor guy dead, because someone needed to get their kid a freaking toy that was on sale?

    I am so glad I do not work at walmart anymore....people are nuts on Blitz day!! I have seen punches thrown, employees cut with box cutters because they are pushed out of they way while they are taking the plastic off of the pallets, old ladies fight (that part is actually funny), and so much crazy shit.....all for a deal...grow up people.

    My happy ass slept in an went to walmart around 10....and wouldnt ya know 90% of what was on sale..was still there. I went yesterday...at least 60% of sales still going.
    Good for you. No if only more people would display a little more common sense those kind of things will be avoided in the future.

  5. #5
    kathaj's Avatar
    kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    151

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    I have read on a coulpe of forums where some people truelly believe that the company Wal mart should be blamed and sued for the death of that man because as the posters say "it's walmarts resposability to thier employees and custortmers to provide a safe place to work and shop " . I posted in the thread that I figure the only way the store could do that would be to close it's doors on the 'biggest shoppping day of the year' . That wasn't the right answer ,,:errr:
    I have read that the police are looking at all the cameras to try and determim who and how many to charge with the death of the man.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.



    I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

  6. #6

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    I have read on a coulpe of forums where some people truelly believe that the company Wal mart should be blamed and sued for the death of that man because as the posters say "it's walmarts resposability to thier employees and custortmers to provide a safe place to work and shop " . I posted in the thread that I figure the only way the store could do that would be to close it's doors on the 'biggest shoppping day of the year' . That wasn't the right answer ,,:errr:
    I have read that the police are looking at all the cameras to try and determim who and how many to charge with the death of the man.
    But the store should still be held liable for not having some form of control when they knew from pst experience what could happen

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    I hope they can identify and track down all those that were on the servalance video and charge them with murder. And wal-mart should be held liable just as you both mentioned. But still, each shopper has a responsability to control themselves as well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    I hope they do find these people and file charges....there were people complaining because they closed the store. How could you shop in a store while there was a poor guy dead, because someone needed to get their kid a freaking toy that was on sale?

    I am so glad I do not work at walmart anymore....people are nuts on Blitz day!! I have seen punches thrown, employees cut with box cutters because they are pushed out of they way while they are taking the plastic off of the pallets, old ladies fight (that part is actually funny), and so much crazy shit.....all for a deal...grow up people.

    My happy ass slept in an went to walmart around 10....and wouldnt ya know 90% of what was on sale..was still there. I went yesterday...at least 60% of sales still going.
    I use to cut meat for food lion, we never had black friday so to speak, but you should see the idiots the night before Thanksgiving and Christmas wanting just the right size turkey, and those damnedable hams sliced paper thin.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    589

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    But the store should still be held liable for not having some form of control when they knew from pst experience what could happen
    This guy was suppose to be their control....he was a security guy not just a reg employee. How can walmart be resp for a bunch of nut jobs that were so forceful they ripped the door off.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    This guy was suppose to be their control....he was a security guy not just a reg employee. How can walmart be resp for a bunch of nut jobs that were so forceful they ripped the door off.
    Because they had a good idea of what it would be like and should of had more security and crowd control in place. Not just one guy who had no experiance.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    589

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    Because they had a good idea of what it would be like and should of had more security and crowd control in place. Not just one guy who had no experiance.
    The only way you could do crowd control at walmart on blitz is Police with tazers or billy clubs....I swear to it!! Anyone that would camp out in a parking lot during November it half nuts anyway - they pay attention to no one around them its straight to the deals. This could have been a child mowed over... these people would have treated it the same way, they would have just kept going.

    Unfortunatly according to walmart policy they can not hire Police officers as security because they would be "walmart" employees and no one on walmarts clock can carry a weapon. Something about an officer shooting a shoplifter...I cant remember.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    The only way you could do crowd control at walmart on blitz is Police with tazers or billy clubs....I swear to it!! Anyone that would camp out in a parking lot during November it half nuts anyway - they pay attention to no one around them its straight to the deals. This could have been a child mowed over... these people would have treated it the same way, they would have just kept going.

    Unfortunatly according to walmart policy they can not hire Police officers as security because they would be "walmart" employees and no one on walmarts clock can carry a weapon. Something about an officer shooting a shoplifter...I cant remember.
    True, but if they still should of had more than one person working it, and certainly some with a little more crowd control experiance. Walmart could, and should of done more to prevent it. Then again, I'm sort of surprized the cops weren't already there in the parking lot with all those people out there. Seems like they were slack there too. But still, I hope they find some of those moron shoppers and send them to prison for awhile.

    Perhaps make the idiots sign up in advance, online, and the only way they can get the price on the items is to be there at that specific time with the paper printed to prove it was their time or they don't get the price. Yea, make em make an appointment for black friday. hehehe..


    I still say they could of done a hell of a lot more and they are just as liable as those that stampeded.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    589

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    True, but if they still should of had more than one person working it, and certainly some with a little more crowd control experiance. Walmart could, and should of done more to prevent it. Then again, I'm sort of surprized the cops weren't already there in the parking lot with all those people out there. Seems like they were slack there too. But still, I hope they find some of those moron shoppers and send them to prison for awhile.

    Perhaps make the idiots sign up in advance, online, and the only way they can get the price on the items is to be there at that specific time with the paper printed to prove it was their time or they don't get the price. Yea, make em make an appointment for black friday. hehehe..


    I still say they could of done a hell of a lot more and they are just as liable as those that stampeded.

    Trust me... I laugh everytime I hear Hell mart is being sued....but I would much rather see these stampeeding idiots doing time in this case. In all actuallity I would rather see an eye for an eye punishment for this case.....but Ive been told I need anger management, lol.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

  14. #14
    kathaj's Avatar
    kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    151

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    This guy was suppose to be their control....he was a security guy not just a reg employee. How can walmart be resp for a bunch of nut jobs that were so forceful they ripped the door off.

    This is exactly my thoughts.
    Why should walmart be held responsible for a bunch of adults that aren't responsible enough to control themselves.
    Or should it be like the story of that deal e=where a fast food resturant sold a cup of coffee and then was sued because the coffee was hot ?
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.



    I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

  15. #15
    kathaj's Avatar
    kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    151

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    I still say they could of done a hell of a lot more and they are just as liable as those that stampeded.

    200 people ripped the doors off the hinges . And then couldn't of cared less about the guy they left laying dead there on the floor ,Then those same people got hostile when told the store was closing because of the dead guy on the floor .
    How does any business prepare for that sort of croud ?
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.



    I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fayetnam NC
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after bein

    Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    200 people ripped the doors off the hinges . And then couldn't of cared less about the guy they left laying dead there on the floor ,Then those same people got hostile when told the store was closing because of the dead guy on the floor .
    How does any business prepare for that sort of croud ?
    Crowd control has been around for years. Skilled security could have controlled it better. It's been done at concerts and countless other such events. If not the members of of the Beatles and the rolling stones would have never lived past their first U.S. concert. Walmart knew that type of crowd was possible and should of had more than that one person to do the job, and certainly made certain they had more experience at such things. And from everything I've read, he was not security, he was simply an employee that had been hired through a temp agency. What little security there was, was inside rather than outside trying to organize the people.

    It can be done, should of been done, but walmart faild to try. As far as I'm concerned, they should be held accountable. Even thier vice prez said they lacked the security.

    http://www.wral.com/news/national_wo...story/4057665/

    Just my humble opinion

Similar Threads

  1. Long Island High School Priest fired for being a pedophile
    By Administrator in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 06:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 02:23 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 03:06 PM
  4. Scam victims in NYC, Long Island, NJ, CT
    By ChrisDurst in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 06:41 PM
  5. Wal-Mart Worker Trampled In Friday Sale Stampede
    By hello1122 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 03:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •