+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

People Who Don't Vaccinate Their Children Are a Threat to Public Health

So I'm not going to mince words here. If you're part of the anti-vaccination movement, you're stupid. You're doing a disservice not just to your children, but you're threatening the health of the wider public.

You know what the anti-vaccination movement has done? Caused outbreaks of diseases that we shouldn't see any more. You know what vaccines have done? Wiped out, controlled or helped mitigate diseases that have been scourges of mankind for our entire history as a species.

So: Vaccinate your kids. If you don't, I hope eventually we hold you responsible for your part in returning some of those scourges to the public eye. I hope your foolishness doesn't kill or cripple your, or someone else's, kid, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    -Jestakilla
    the Erudite Juggalo

Re: People Who Don't Vaccinate Their Children Are a Threat to Public Health

People should have the right to choose whether their children and themselves are vaccinated. It is someones human right to choose what goes into their bodies as well as their childrens'. If the children decide that they would like to be vaccinated when they grow up then they have that right.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    People should have the right to choose whether their children and themselves are vaccinated. It is someones human right to choose what goes into their bodies as well as their childrens'. If the children decide that they would like to be vaccinated when they grow up then they have that right.
    Do you think that people suffering from Smallpox have the right to hang out in a crowded theater?

See, it isn't just about you. It's not even just about your kids. It's about public health. And vaccines aren't some newfangled, unproven, suspect therapy that we might regret trying out in a few years; they have literally improved the public health of the entire planet.

Smallpox, again- it isn't around anymore. You know why? Vaccines.

If you choose not to vaccinate your child, I certainly hope you move to an isolated location where you aren't threatening the kids of others. I also hope the law eventually catches up and allows people to hold accountable those who intentionally make themselves and their children vectors for disease.
    -Jestakilla
    the Erudite Juggalo

Quote Originally Posted by jestakilla View Post
    So I'm not going to mince words here. If you're part of the anti-vaccination movement, you're stupid.
    I agree. The anti-vaccination crowd is, if not stupid, certainly misguided.

It's also the right of the school system and other organizations to not allow the enrollment of people who do not meet the minimum health standards for the safety of the other students and parents.

That means that there kids shouldn't be enrolled in daycare since they would be around kids who are too young to be vaccinated and who are most likely to get the virus and suffer the consequences.

They also shouldn't be enrolled in the public school system since they do not meet the minimum health requirements.

and as a human being I would have serious questions about there social morality since they are willing to put other kids and people at risk over something with little consequence.

I've been thinking some more about your point here. There's a spectrum here. I think pretty much everyone would agree that a parent ought to have the right to decide to deny, for instance, an aspirin if their child has a headache. But the thing is, there's no real harm done. The child's head hurts a bit more for a bit longer, but that child doesn't die or even suffer any longterm harm. But do you think a parent should be able to, for example, deny a blood transfusion for their child if the child will die from blood loss? That's actually a case where there is LESS loss of life and harm to the public health than in the case of vaccinations. So if you think a parent should not be able to let their child die in a preventable way in the aftermath of a car accident, why do you think that same child should be able to consign potentially thousands of others to completely preventable, possibly crippling, disease? This is not an abstract sort of "potential issue." Smallpox is gone. This is a well-known matter of public health that has been proven for a century. We know that vaccines work, not because we guess or have some lab tests run, but because the entire world is a better, healthier place- and noticeably so!- since we started using them.
    -Jestakilla
    the Erudite Juggalo

The internet has truly polluted this issue with alot of good information, urban legends, and straight up lies. Makes you so friggin paranoid. Everyone wants whats best for children, but I wish the verdict would be out on this subject. It's scary doing anything or not doing it for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    The internet has truly polluted this issue with alot of good information, urban legends, and straight up lies. Makes you so friggin paranoid. Everyone wants whats best for children, but I wish the verdict would be out on this subject. It's scary doing anything or not doing it for that matter.
    The verdict is out on the issue. Every country, every medical organization and every government agrees that Vaccines work, that they save lives, and prevent permanent damage.

The anti vaccers arguments are largely based on a poor understanding of Stats, A terrible understanding of what a vaccine is, and a worse understanding of the actual and real chronic effects are from the virus that the vaccines help prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    The anti vaccers arguments are largely based on a poor understanding of Stats, A terrible understanding of what a vaccine is, and a worse understanding of the actual and real chronic effects are from the virus that the vaccines help prevent.
    They also have a very poor understanding about the ingredients that make up the vaccine. Eg: once they read the word "mercury" in the list of things that are a part of some vaccines, they immediately jump to the wildest conclusions.

"OMG! Mercury!??! BAD BAD BAD!"

+sigh+

Please fellow citizens of the planet Earth, you may think you should have the choice what you put into your body, but what about the people around you who don't have a choice to stay away from you until it's too late? I could just see it now...

Friend: "So how did your son get small pox?"

Me: "Some fool refused to vaccinate his child because he didn't want his child to be pumped with cyanide and mercury."

Friend: "They do realize that the cyanide and mercury used in vaccines are in miniscule doses and are engineered to be good for your body instead of bad right?"

Me: "If they knew, do you think my son would have small pox?"

What about all the links to Autism and vaccinations?!

Absolutely.

Why do they feel the need to include poisons in the very inoculations that are supposed to prevent us, and our children, from contracting a disease/sickness that would decimate a population? Why are they unable to find a safer way to make these vaccines?

I was vaccinated as I grew up, but refuse to get the flu shot. Reason being is that I have always been healthier than anyone I have seen who has gotten it.

No thanks. I will continue with my philosophy that if I can manage an illness at home, I will do so, but if there is something that develops I cannot manage I will go see a doctor.

The last time this occurred is when I had a kidney infection. Since then, whenever I feel it coming on again I start taking vitamin C (immune booster) and cranberry seed extract (antioxidants). Other than that, the only thing I was unable to resolve myself was when I had appendicitis, for which I had an appendectomy.

I have a reasonable understanding of when I need to see a doctor, and know when it will just be a waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    What about all the links to Autism and vaccinations?!
    What links? They are imagined links sparked by a guy seeking to make money off of the fear of parents.

I'll let you read all the articles on the investigation since they are extensive.
    http://briandeer.com/wakefield-deer.htm

and just so you know. Wakefield was on the Board of a pharmaceutical company and stood to make MILLIONS through his own version of the vaccine he blamed.

and his study was based on 12 children, who had no evidence of the vaccine in there stomach (what his theory was) and years later those children were tracked down. Many of the parents were surprised to find out someone said there children had autism (they didn't) A couple had other genetic defects, several had hearing problems that were quickly fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    Absolutely.

Why do they feel the need to include poisons in the very inoculations that are supposed to prevent us, and our children, from contracting a disease/sickness that would decimate a population? Why are they unable to find a safer way to make these vaccines?
    The vaccines are safe the additives/catylists are usually substances that your body produces naturally like formaldehyde (yes your body produces this naturally) or things that you are exposed to more of on a daily bases and they have been modified to be helpful to the body. Biology is a complicated thing.

I was vaccinated as I grew up, but refuse to get the flu shot. Reason being is that I have always been healthier than anyone I have seen who has gotten it.

No thanks. I will continue with my philosophy that if I can manage an illness at home, I will do so, but if there is something that develops I cannot manage I will go see a doctor.

The last time this occurred is when I had a kidney infection. Since then, whenever I feel it coming on again I start taking vitamin C (immune booster) and cranberry seed extract (antioxidants). Other than that, the only thing I was unable to resolve myself was when I had appendicitis, for which I had an appendectomy.

I have a reasonable understanding of when I need to see a doctor, and know when it will just be a waste of time and money.
    NO ONE is talking about the flu shot. They are talking about viruses that cause birth defects, chronic pain, neurological problems, infertility and infant death...... Not the common flu.

People have vast misconceptions about why we take certain vaccines and when we take them. People also don't understand how viruses work.

For instance you are currently infected with a host of minor viruses and bacteria. Your body keeps them down to manageable levels so you don't get sick. However, should you your immune system dip you can and often do get sick with them. However, in the mean time you can pass them on to someone else. Eg. the 5 month old kid who can't tell there parents that they have the whooping cough and are likely to die. Or the unborn fetus that will now has birth defects as a result of infection within the womb. (hence the reason why people consider anti-vaxiers a danger to public health)

Viruses are also not cured with medicine.... They must run there course. for most of the ones you avoid due to vaccinations it would mean 8+ painful weeks where you can't work or do much of anything.

Also one other thing about vaccines. that people get confused about.

A vaccine is not a cure, it doesn't make you immune, nor is it a magic pill. It doesn't stay in your body forever. Your body isn't weaker for taking it.

It is a teacher. A vaccine is a castrated version of the virus, it looks the same and smells the same and fights the same but without the negative side effects. Your body thus learns how to recognize, and fight the virus as soon as it appears in any form preventing it from getting a foothold in your body dormant or otherwise.

Vaccines are natural immunity.

As to the dangers of vaccine.

I did a statistical analysis based on an anti-vaxiers own stats that they provided to me (i'll see if I can find the information again)

The result was that you are 39 times more likely to get chronic lifetime pain from the long term viral side effects. Than you are to have a 3 hour bout of crying from getting the needle.

Vaccines are natural immunity.
    If this is true, then why do they put synthetic and artificial substances in them?

Don't get me wrong, there are some advances in modern medicine that have made us the healthy world we are today, however, there are still too many vaccines that cause more harm than good, because of synthetics and artificial ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Knotical View Post
    If this is true, then why do they put synthetic and artificial substances in them?

Don't get me wrong, there are some advances in modern medicine that have made us the healthy world we are today, however, there are still too many vaccines that cause more harm than good, because of synthetics and artificial ingredients.
    Half the substances are synthetic items are things your body already uses or makes. Some are catalysts that encourage your body to react. All are in such low doses that they barely register vs the human body mass.

Vaccines expose your body to a castrated version of the virus. It's your immune system that learns the tricks. Your immune system that benefits.

Half the substances are synthetic items are things your body already uses or makes. Some are catalysts that encourage your body to react. All are in such low doses that they barely register vs the human body mass.

Vaccines expose your body to a castrated version of the virus. It's your immune system that learns the tricks. Your immune system that benefits.
    If these are so good for us, then why are there so many reports of vaccines causing autism in kids?