+ Reply to Thread

Minimum Wage Jobs Suck

The less you make the more you are degraded.
    You redneck conservatives think people are on welfare for a reason?
    Yeah. The reason is that after childcare and all the slave-labor, you make less. You are treated as less than a human.

The worse the job, the more shit you eat. The harder you work.
    Minimum wage should be at least $15 an hr.

Let people pay their rent, their bills.

Re: Minimum Wage Jobs Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Yeah. The reason is that after childcare and all the slave-labor, you make less. You are treated as less than a human.

are their any other countries where this type idea can be seen to be working so to speak or what other factors would have to be included!? i think i saw a tv spot about germany where this is being promoted, AKA a living wage!? in an IDEAL world as they say.............:rryumy: :1crysad: :spin2: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I'm not talking about Germany. I am just saying what I said.

What would happen if the minimum wage in the U.S. was raised to $15.00 per hour?

For example; McDonalds workers were paid $15.00 per hour... what would happen?
    or WalMart workers were paid $15.00 per hour... what would happen?
    or convenience store/gas station clerks were paid $15.00 per hour... what would happen?

All I'm doing is asking you to stop and think for a minute what would happen if the minimum wage really went up to $15.00 per hour. Would those peoples lives really be improved or would the cost of goods and services rise so as to make the raise in minimum wage of no consequence?

Opinion is offline The World is a Vampire! And We're Just Rats In A Cage

It would be fine.

Americans pay less for everything compared to Canada (30% higher) and Europe (up to 100% higher).

So it all evens out.

You Americans are seriously spoiled. Its 2013, wake up!
    Its time to get off the Chinese breastfeeding too.
    Its like watching a Mom feed a 7 year old.....its just wrong and gross
    Check out the Bamboo Bar When In NJ !

Quote Originally Posted by Opinion View Post
    It would be fine.

Americans pay less for everything compared to Canada (30% higher) and Europe (up to 100% higher).

So it all evens out.

You Americans are seriously spoiled. Its 2013, wake up!
    Its time to get off the Chinese breastfeeding too.
    Its like watching a Mom feed a 7 year old.....its just wrong and gross
    You did not answer the question.
    What would happen?

I did not ask for a comparison to Canadian prices of goods and services, European or any other region. I asked what would happen here?

What would happen?

Retailer has goods or service he sells. Pays employee(s) above current minimum wage and manages to eke out a profit for himself. Federal law now dictates he must pay his employee(s) a minimum of 15.00 per hour. What will happen? It's not that hard... you can do it. Answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    What would happen if the minimum wage in the U.S. was raised to $15.00 per hour?

For example; McDonalds workers were paid $15.00 per hour... what would happen?
    or WalMart workers were paid $15.00 per hour... what would happen?
    or convenience store/gas station clerks were paid $15.00 per hour... what would happen?

All I'm doing is asking you to stop and think for a minute what would happen if the minimum wage really went up to $15.00 per hour. Would those peoples lives really be improved or would the cost of goods and services rise so as to make the raise in minimum wage of no consequence?

Yes
    Also you have to realize, all the employees making $15.00 etc. who had to have work experience and a college education to fill their job requirements verses a GED or high school diploma for a minimum wage job, will have to have their salaries raised also.

If minimum wage went up any higher than it is now inflation would spiral out of control.

There is a reason there are minimum wage jobs, it is for people to desire to get something better. Historically people who held these jobs were usually highschool and college age kids who intended on furthering their education thus being qualified to find a higher paying job.

The unfortunate side effect of the economy for the last 5 years is that people who once held higher paying jobs were forced to get these minimum wage jobs.

However, currently the economy is improving and more jobs are opening up that pay a higher wage, so these people should start looking to find something closer to what they were making before. Or better yet, re-invent themselves and go into a different career.

If the minimum wage goes up to $15/hr you will start seeing "value meals" over $10. Not exactly much of a value since you can get better food at a sit down restaurant for the same price, if not a little higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Yes
    Also you have to realize, all the employees making $15.00 etc. who had to have work experience and a college education to fill their job requirements verses a GED or high school diploma for a minimum wage job, will have to have their salaries raised also.
    OR...

We'll see an increase in the number of minimum wage jobs and minimum wage workers while prices for goods and services sky-rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    OR...

We'll see an increase in the number of minimum wage jobs and minimum wage workers while prices for goods and services sky-rocket.
    Or it could turn out like the McDonald's by my house. The McDonald's where I live pays more than the minimum wage, I suspect it' to be able to hire and retain workers. The drawback that I have observed is long lines because they have less people on duty. Even during the lunch rush, they will typically have only one ordering station open. When the line starts to go out the door literally, then a manager might assist with taking orders.

I think the result will be worse service and higher prices. Some businesses will also close because the owner can't make a decent profit paying those kinds of wages.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Minimum wage has not been raised for a reason, the reason being that doing so would cause runaway inflation in a market that is first and foremost in need of jobs. Though inflation is relatively high, it is being kept artificially lower than it should be as to allow the super-wealthy to stay wealthy enough to, hopefully, start spending that money on creating new jobs. The problem is that simply isnt happening, because inflation is being kept unnaturally low. It's a catch-22.

If the MW was raised to $15, prices would certainly go up and even more jobs would be outsourced to China, as if not enough currently are. Companies would also likely be forced to lay off employees. We don't need any more companies cutting back on hours with Obamacare already cutting into it.

Actually, if the minimum wage was upped to $15 an hour, you know what would happen? Absolutely nothing!

The companies already make enough to pay their workers more. They just choose not to. And the sort of jobs that pay minimum wage are needed. They can't just be outsourced to China.

Minimum wage should be at a livable rate, however, one should not expect to raise a family making only minimum wage.