+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Bubblews Scam?

I came across this site back in July. For those who have not heard of it, it is basically a social blogging site where you can earn money off of the posts you put up through your account. They do have posting rules that prohibit the usual stuff. Don't post unorginal content, don't use traffic exchanges to boost traffic, and make sure your posts are more than 400 characters.

I would not have figures this site a scam until this morning. I get an email from them stating that my account is under review for violating one or more of the posting rules and included in the email some posts that they are purporting that were in violation. I looked over the post and could not for the life of me see any violations, even the character limit.

I have been able to get one redemption from them about a month ago, but this past week they announced they would be increasing the minimum redemption amount from $25 to $50. The reason they gave was so their staff would have more time to review accounts to be sure they are issuing legitimate redemptions.

At the time I thought this would be fine, but I had no idea it would turn into a possible witch-hunt.

Anyone else have any experience with this site?

Re: Bubblews Scam?

I was just about to post about Bubblews here. I can't tell if the site is scam or not but if it smells scammy and looks scammy it might be a scam. I first knew of the site back in June and almost since day one I've been reading of people that are not getting paid. So far I have got four redemptions and I've been paid for all of them but I don't like the fact that every time I request a payment I can't be sure if they are going to send me my money or not.

Also for the last three or four months they have been experiencing a lot of problems with the site and it is very easy to find the site offline every single day. That only helps to get me more nervous. It's been almost two weeks since the last time I write anything there and I think I won't be getting back. I don't like the idea of spending time there if in the end I won't be getting any of my money.

Very confusing site called bubblews-is it scam site or legit?

Very confusing site called bubblews-is it scam site or legit?

Re: Very confusing site called bubblews-is it scam site or legit?

If people are sending fake traffic it's only reasonable that Bubblews don't pay for those using illegal tactics to increase their page views. The problem I think is that Bubblews also stopped paying users that didn't use those kind of tricks.

I've been paid 4 times there but I'm not active any more, or at least not so much.

I actually signed up on bubblews and I think it is a scam, at least after reading bad stuff about it online and hearing and seeing many people claiming to be scammed by them, I have a account there but I don't use it. I don't want to waste my time on a site and not get paid. Just Google "bubblews scam" and you will see what I mean.
    Bubblews

Is that the guy from Walking Dead?

I don't know if you can really consider it a scam if you have been getting redemptions from them.

Usually those who have had problems getting redemptions have violated the posting rules in some way.

After a bit of back and forth with the staff there I found out one of my posts had violated the terms due to promoting a commercial endeavor, the others simply had not met the minimum character limit. Though, at the time I had no idea that tags did not count toward the character total.

Ah well. We will see how things go from here.

I've been there since October. I usually only post one article a day, but I've managed to cash out twice. I got paid both times with no worries or argument.

I enjoy the site because of the people I've met and because I like to write. If I can make some extra beer money from it, why not? I would use the word "scam" if they took money from me to register or something then refused to pay when they promised.

Any online money making site has the potential to not pay out and go bust. But if I didn't have to buy in and I'm enjoying whatever it is, I would be hard pressed to throw the word "scam" around.

Quote Originally Posted by spleendingo View Post
    I've been there since October. I usually only post one article a day, but I've managed to cash out twice. I got paid both times with no worries or argument.

I enjoy the site because of the people I've met and because I like to write. If I can make some extra beer money from it, why not? I would use the word "scam" if they took money from me to register or something then refused to pay when they promised.

Any online money making site has the potential to not pay out and go bust. But if I didn't have to buy in and I'm enjoying whatever it is, I would be hard pressed to throw the word "scam" around.
    How did you drive traffic to your posts, that allowed you to redeem so quickly? Facebook as not been very good to me, and other sites have been a struggle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bala24 View Post
    It is quite simple to drive traffic to your posts.If we arbitrate upon driving it legally all you need is posts of some quality and some active followers/friends in your social network.The Post can burgeon if you spread it across the right way.In the other scenario,if you aren't that active or you are not so keen to wait for the post to swell up you can easily use proxies that make it look like real traffic and add to it referral links.These bots when run at the background can easily drive enormous amount of traffic.If you need any help PM me,i can help you out.:sun_smiley:
    What do you mean by "spread it across?"

I really want to stick with the more above-board methods on increasing traffic, since I am probably already on their radar for some of the posts I have put up that were in violation to one or more of their rules.

You have to be careful how much time you invest in websites like this. It is great that they are paying out. But why not build your own website with all the great content you are creating for them? They have all the control of your hard work. I have been a member of a handful of websites like this over the past 6 years and it always is the same exact story.

I join for free.

I dedicate an hour or two a day and consistently put up posts that meet guidelines.

I begin to get payouts.

Everything goes smoothly for 4 to 6 months.

One morning I go to log in and can't.

I email website asking "What's up?"

Get an email back saying I violated TOS.

I review TOS and can't see how I did and then I ask website "How did I violated TOS?"

Never hear back, send them another email.

Move on.

Once again, if they are paying out, great. But don't be surprised if what I have experienced multiple times happens to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bala24 View Post
    I meant you need to maintain an active social presence, twitter redirects (t.co) will bring you closer to the threshold of payment.Spread it across can be using blogger twitter and other social media.
    In my perspective i would advise you to stay away from it for it,for it is now "on watch list".If you surf their forums you can see that only a select few were paid.
    I guess that is my problem. I really don't spend enough time online, for personal reasons, to use twitter or the like. Plus I really hate having to post nonsense just to get a "following."

I heard and seen bubblelews a couple of months back. I signed up a week later and got a couple of emails saying I was using some sort of proxy server to cheat them, which I didn't do. So I figured that this site is gonna give me a really hard time as it is. Never been to it ever since.

I have signed up to Bubblews last Jan. 2013, but until now I haven't written a single article at that website, because the negative reviews that I have been reading are quite discouraging. So until they become stable, then I guess I won't invest my time and money writing articles for them.

I watched the beginning cartoon/video.

I still have no idea what this whole thing is about.

It's a goofy name but they need a simple tag line for the ADHD guys like me.
    I'm very pragmatic....all this nonsense turns me away. Give me a tagline like:

"Make money doing this"
    "Make money doing that"
    "Get this done with a wiffle ball bat"

I seriously don't care. Give me clear business solutions instead of this creepy C+ animation wanna be viral crap.

You have 2 seconds to get people's attention and I am simply annoyed for 12 seconds.
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-02-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I watched the beginning cartoon/video.

I still have no idea what this whole thing is about.

It's a goofy name but they need a simple tag line for the ADHD guys like me.
    I'm very pragmatic....all this nonsense turns me away. Give me a tagline like:

"Make money doing this"
    "Make money doing that"
    "Get this done with a wiffle ball bat"

I seriously don't care. Give me clear business solutions instead of this creepy C+ animation wanna be viral crap.

You have 2 seconds to get people's attention and I am simply annoyed for 12 seconds.
    Back when I signed up I did not watch the whole video (they annoy me too, especially the autoplay ones), I just clicked through to the main page and read up on what is going on. It is really pretty straight forward. If you already know how to use social networking you know how to use the sight.