+ Reply to Thread

Texans First or Texans Plus or Universal American

Where to begin. Lies, Lies, Lies. 6 weeks ago I was recruited to sell for this medicare insurance company. I was originally told it would be $400 per application, with a $100 annual renewal. It took two weeks to get registered with the company, because they kept screwing up getting me registered to take the CMS test. When I finally got registered, I went to "training" - 25 minutes on the main HMO product. I had to come back for a 2nd day for equally worthless training on the PPO. The trainer even said "I don't really know too much about it." Also I was told that commisions were now set by CMS at $290 a year.
    First week in sales: I was given some leads and told to do the "end around" where you lie about Dental Insurance to really sell them Medicare.
    Second week: My manager gave me different leads, and said "those leads I gave you last week were a joke, quit using them." He then gave me more later, and apologized again and said "I wouldn't even bother using them."
    third week: a new type of lead surfaces, along with a script that is a lie about purchasing another company, turns out we only bought a list of their clients...ooops!
    Fourth week: Commissions will now be $200 per app, with a follow up quarterly bonus on about 1/2 the policies to follow. First check to be paid Friday. Friday no check, no phone call, no apology. late in the day I recieve an text, should be there tommorow.
    Fifth week: Still no check, at Monday meeting Branch Manager AWOL. Don't address the $ situation, instead discuss a new sheet that needs to be signed at client meetings. When the lack of $ is discussed Ass. Mgr. says "buck up, managers haven't been paid either", when one guy gets up to leave in disgust, the other assistant mgr. says "maybe you should just find another job." My asst. mgr. promises that $ will hit tonight (Monday). Tues: no $, no call, no apology. I call corporate and I am told that my $ will come today or tommorow and it is 25% of what I am expecting. She can't explain why. It is 5 days past when we were supposed to get paid and we have not recieved one note of explanation from anyone.

Re: Texans First or Texans Plus or Universal Ameri

Quote Originally Posted by duckmc View Post
    Where to begin. Lies, Lies, Lies. 6 weeks ago I was recruited to sell for this medicare insurance company. I was originally told it would be $400 per application, with a $100 annual renewal. It took two weeks to get registered with the company, because they kept screwing up getting me registered to take the CMS test. When I finally got registered, I went to "training" - 25 minutes on the main HMO product. I had to come back for a 2nd day for equally worthless training on the PPO. The trainer even said "I don't really know too much about it." Also I was told that commisions were now set by CMS at $290 a year.
    First week in sales: I was given some leads and told to do the "end around" where you lie about Dental Insurance to really sell them Medicare.
    Second week: My manager gave me different leads, and said "those leads I gave you last week were a joke, quit using them." He then gave me more later, and apologized again and said "I wouldn't even bother using them."
    third week: a new type of lead surfaces, along with a script that is a lie about purchasing another company, turns out we only bought a list of their clients...ooops!
    Fourth week: Commissions will now be $200 per app, with a follow up quarterly bonus on about 1/2 the policies to follow. First check to be paid Friday. Friday no check, no phone call, no apology. late in the day I recieve an text, should be there tommorow.
    Fifth week: Still no check, at Monday meeting Branch Manager AWOL. Don't address the $ situation, instead discuss a new sheet that needs to be signed at client meetings. When the lack of $ is discussed Ass. Mgr. says "buck up, managers haven't been paid either", when one guy gets up to leave in disgust, the other assistant mgr. says "maybe you should just find another job." My asst. mgr. promises that $ will hit tonight (Monday). Tues: no $, no call, no apology. I call corporate and I am told that my $ will come today or tommorow and it is 25% of what I am expecting. She can't explain why. It is 5 days past when we were supposed to get paid and we have not recieved one note of explanation from anyone.
    Is this an independent agency selling United American?

They sound like a bunch of lowlifes. But that is all too common in the insurance sales industry these days.

Another day, no pay. Just talked to mgr. in another area, he has gotten at least some $, and he says that all mgr.s have gotten something, but no agents. Also 0 leads coming in now, worried that they don't have $ to get new ones. Group in Houston hired attorney. this is Universal American, not united american

The saga continues. Wednesday comes and goes with no money paid. No incoming phone calls or apologies. So again I call my local team leader, the only one of four local managers who has not already left town. He says they are just going to deposit $1000 in everyone’s account tonight and sort out the rest over the next few days, but that the good news is our weekly commissions have already been processed and will be in our accounts Friday morning.

On Friday morning I check my bank account- Surprise!!! No $1k deposited and no weekly commission paid. I do receive a deposit of 11% of what I am owed, Oh Boy! My account is almost back to 0. As I open my e-mail to send these clowns a little of my frustration, I finally find an email from someone above my mid 20’s know-nothing local management team. It reads:

HMO PPO Managers

AGENTS AND SALES MANAGERS!!

We understand that there have been some glitches in the systems ( UAFC as well as CMS) on getting files updated to pay our agents for written applications.

We are dilligently working DAILY to correct these files so we can get agents paid.

Please rest assured that Aubrey Ryan SVP of Sales and myself are directly involved with this to get all the agents who have production in paid for your production as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay. As I mentioned we have amended our system because of this in the form of running the files daily until we get these all commissions update .
    Normally we run these on Wednesday and Fridays but because of this issue we are running them daily to get commission thru the system to pay you as soon as possible.

Your Branch Sales Managers have made it very clear to us the sense of urgency and have your best interest in front of them at all times as they call me several times a day.

Please understand that each manager has voiced their concerns to us in your behalf.

Please check your accounts daily as we are going to be transmitting daily.
    Also we are in the process of developing a report to your direct manager that would help the manager see who and how much we paid that cycle.

thank you and again we appreciate your patience and loyalty.

I

Michael Chafin, CSA
    Vice President of Sales
    Medicare Advantage Career Division
    Universal American Corporation
    407 474 5331

I will let you all decide if this is an adequate letter six days after the fact. Meanwhile, hundreds of families will enjoy another weekend with no $, and a lost opportunity to hit the Pre-Christmas Sales Days.

Need to report this one. It is very clearly not a valid business.

JTT

12 days after we were supposed to be paid. No additional $ has been paid. Meeting yesterday, Manager actually there! So frigg'n casual in his apology of "oh well, this has been tough, but you only hurt yourself not working." Usually 60 agents in meeting, only about 25 today. Many have obviously tried to move on or find jobs elsewhere. The manager then went around the room grilling each person that did not have a sale - these guys are such clowns. The arrogance and lack of respect for the employees is overwhelming. Instead of apologizing about not paying when they promised, he rattled off that they paid some people advances, and other companies don't pay til January, ignoring the fact that the company is simply not doing what they said. He also informed that we would not recieve our checks the following week anymore, but hopefullywithin two weeks.

Another day, no pay. Remember of course that the Monday a.m. meeting promised by Wednsday. I'm shocked!! Oh and of course no communication by anyone.

Thursday A.M. Nothing again today. A manager told me yesterday that all my pre 15th $ would hit last night. DID NOT. Also mentioned that someone is blasting company on Scam.com. He obviously thinks its me. I care. Literally hundreds of families are being affected here. How come no support from the others. If you have been screwed please log in and tell your story so others don't join this group of liars. I notice to that management has not responded even though they are aware. Why? Because there is nothing but the truth here.

Finally!!! Some $ has hit my account. Nowhere near everything, but at least 40% has come in. Maybe they are only inefficient, unethical and unorganized, but not a total scam.

weosdfl34 Guest

Martz has been majuscule

"I would say this: I guess Mike Martz has been majuscule this flavour. I imagine everything I've asked him to do, he prefab every activity, I reckon, to do the things that he needs to do. Going second, I retributory conceive that after the season that we ffxi gil human to sit imbibe - as surface as myself, everybody - and try and looking at what gives us the best possibility to change feat fresh."

duckmc after read your blogs.
    You really are a nit-wit. You really need to seek some mdical help, some long time stuff....
    One sick puppy.