+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zardoz

Zardoz

I saw this movie a number of years ago and have to say it is probably the worst movie I have ever had the displeasure to sit through.

In the year AD 2293, a post-apocalyptic Earth is inhabited mostly by the Brutals, who are ruled by the Eternals. Eternals use other Brutals, called Exterminators, as the Chosen warrior class. The Exterminators worship the god Zardoz, a huge, flying, hollow stone head. Zardoz teaches:

The gun is good. The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was, but the gun shoots death, and purifies the Earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth ... and kill!

The Zardoz god head supplies the Exterminators with weapons, while the Exterminators supply it with grain. Zed (Sean Connery), an Exterminator, hides himself within Zardoz for an initially unknown purpose. He shoots and apparently kills its pilot, Arthur Frayn (Niall Buggy), who has already identified himself as an Eternal in the story's prologue. The stone head containing Zed returns to the Vortex, a secluded community of civilised beings, protected all around by an invisible force-field, where the immortal Eternals lead a pleasant but ultimately stifling existence.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Administrator; 12-12-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Re: Zardoz

You would have to pay me to watch Zardoz

Re: Zardoz

I had heard recently that the director of this "film" was high off his gord the entire time during filming.