+ Reply to Thread

Painkillers can Kill More than Pain

Painkillers are the new cocaine! Beware of painkillers. Another name is hillbilly heroin. The pills start off great, then after awhile you are chewing them, snorting, or even injecting.

You start taking more and more and more.

Drug abuse, including opioid abuse, is the deliberate use of a medicine beyond a doctor's prescription. In the case of opiates, the intention is generally to get high or to relieve anxiety.
    Dependence occurs when the body develops tolerance to the drug, meaning higher doses are needed for the same effect. In addition, stopping the drug produces drug withdrawal symptoms.
    Drug addiction occurs when the person has drug dependence, but also displays psychological effects. These include compulsive behavior to get the drug; craving for the drug; and continued use despite negative consequences, like legal problems or losing a job. Source
    Last edited by Administrator; 12-12-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Re: Painkillers can Kill More than Pain

This is true. You got banned because you were spamming drug affiliate links. We edited your posts to make it worthwhile for the community.

But yes painkillers get you hooked quickly and you'll lose a year of your life and your job, all relationships, all your money too.

It's a road to no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    This is true. You got banned because you were spamming drug affiliate links. We edited your posts to make it worthwhile for the community.

But yes painkillers get you hooked quickly and you'll lose a year of your life and your job, all relationships, all your money too.

It's a road to no where.
    Absolutely. That is why if you are ever prescribed them they should be used strictly according to the Doctors orders AND IF POSSIBLE... sparingly.

I received pain meds after serious dental work... used them sparingly, if at all. 200mg over the counter ibuprophen worked very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bala24 View Post
    I am a badminton player..I often use Pain Killers for instance Mentholatum gel and some others to relieve my knee and shoulder pain.Am i succumbing to addiction of these drugs.Am i vulnerable to future Problems.:1crysad:
    What do you think i should do now.I take these meds as prescribed by my college coach.
    Why wouldn't you talk with your coach about this?

Go to a doctor and talk with the doctor about your fears.

Pretty simple really.

I am a badminton player..I often use Pain Killers for instance Mentholatum gel and some others to relieve my knee and shoulder pain.Am i succumbing to addiction of these drugs.Am i vulnerable to future Problems.:1crysad:
    What do you think i should do now.I take these meds as prescribed by my college coach.
    What you're taking sounds like OTC (Over-The-Counter) medications and are, most likely, not in any danger of any addiction. HOWEVER, if you have any fears or questions about any medications, but cannot or do not have a physician you can talk to then you can speak with a pharmacist about them. They're always glad to answer your concerns about medications.

Dang, even pain killers are being used for enjoyment of people and abusing it too much, I need a world where people lives in peace (which is never going to happen unless...)

Posted by bala24
    It sounds pretty simple for you,but you can't eliminate that fear factor.It was my doc who prescribed this for me and to talk to him again about,if this is worthwhile will surely enrage him.He is kinda different sort of person.He said it was safe for use,but i am just expressing my situation.
    In India they care for you only if you are a top notch player,not a club player.
    Because I doubted the gel you are using would cause you an addiction problem I thought it would be pretty simple to get the facts so that you would not be fearful.
    Possibly you have other concerns about the injury that is causing the pain etc.
    If you can't talk to your doctor or coach about this seems you will need to do your own research and educate yourself the best you can.

Like Paul M said a pharmacist may be able to relieve your fears about the gel you are using for pain relief.

If you feel there is no way to relieve your fears then what can we possibly say that would help?

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/mentholatum...e-effects.html

Now that sounds like quite an answer.You know like ..those fears can't be expressed in words.I search a lot to check it is safe to use those or will it alleviate the injury all the more.etc
    I need comforting words from fellows who might have used it.I trust those online reviews but just to an extent.i am unable to extract words for this.
    Oh yeah,thanks for the last part,will surely pester the pharmacist to tell me if its completely safe.Probably he can relate instances of who might have been using this from his stores.
    Be careful because I am on the verge of banning you.

Clean up your posts, right now, or you are banned for a day and then the ban will go up from there.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 01-10-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Now that sounds like quite an answer.You know like ..those fears can't be expressed in words.I search a lot to check it is safe to use those or will it alleviate the injury all the more.etc
    I need comforting words from fellows who might have used it.I trust those online reviews but just to an extent.i am unable to extract words for this.
    Oh yeah,thanks for the last part,will surely pester the pharmacist to tell me if its completely safe.Probably he can relate instances of who might have been using this from his stores.
    No referral links in your post and no illegal activity (no promoting illegal activity).
    One thread you started was deleted and a thread where you were promoting illegal activity was deleted.
    Please read the rules of this forum and follow the rules.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 01-11-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: clarified a rule

Additional information:

Mentholatum gel: http://www.mentholatum.com.au/brands...range/ice-gel/

For the other drugs you might be using be sure you read the information on the packaging regarding dosage and use. As I mentioned earlier, it sounds like you're using over-the-counter medications... while those are, normally, not addictive you can suffer from overdose if used improperly.

I was in the hospital one time a while back and they were giving me shots of morphine after surgery. After a couple of days in the hospital I asked the nurse if she would speak to the doctor about giving me something in a pill form that was a lot less stronger, rather than the hypos of morphine and she actually looked kind of surprised, but they did end up putting me on something in a pill form with codeine. I'm guessing not a whole lot of people make these types of requests!

It was just too much for me since I rarely take any type of painkillers, but I was so high from the morphine when people came to visit me I had all I could do to stay awake. I can see how some people could become highly addicted to painkillers though and unfortunately a lot of people do just to escape reality.

I know reality really bites sometimes, I just prefer to find healthier ways of dealing with my stress.

:sun_smiley:

I mean, I agree with OP, but that's a little much to call it a scam. EVERYTHING and ANYTHING can be abused. Paint markers can be addictive if abused. That doesn't mean they are a scam lol.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    I mean, I agree with OP, but that's a little much to call it a scam. EVERYTHING and ANYTHING can be abused. Paint markers can be addictive if abused. That doesn't mean they are a scam lol.
    I'm hoping nobody who has posted on this thread is saying prescription pain killers are a scam.

Prescription pain killers, like what is being discussed in the OP, should be taken under a doctors supervision.
    A pain killer is necessary in the treatment of many patients and not all people become addicted, have negative side affects etc.

The OP is telling of the dangers involved when the pain killer is used in the wrong way or used illegally etc.