+ Reply to Thread

Whatever happened to

Plain ole common sense?

Re: Whatever happened to

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Plain ole common sense?
    Hey Katie,. where ya been? It has been a long time since you've been around this neck of the woods. Guess what For the first time since I have been here in Jackson (15 years) it looks like the ski resorts here may not be able to open here in town after thanksgiving as usual because there is no snow on the ground here.

and all common sense went out the window this year with the election

Plain ole common sense?
    That's a damn good question. What happen to plain ole common sense? From what I've seen the majority of people seriously lack in plain ole common sense. Those same people who lack in plain ole common sense are the same people who are over-dosing on stupidity!
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    That's a damn good question. What happen to plain ole common sense? From what I've seen the majority of people seriously lack in plain ole common sense. Those same people who lack in plain ole common sense are the same people who are over-dosing on stupidity!
    Gee I wish I could have said it like that. Guess the old gray matter is getting a little grayer these days huh.

Here is something else to consider: Whatever happened to respect? It doesn't seem like there is much people nowadays that have respect for other people, or their own family or even some type of personal property.
    Last edited by Knight-mare; 11-24-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    Here is something else to consider: Whatever happened to respect? It doesn't seem like there is much people nowadays that have respect for other people, or their own family or even some type of personal property.
    And that leads into manners. I don't mean using the right fork. I mean just plain old fashioned common courtesy with a dash of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    And that leads into manners. I don't mean using the right fork. I mean just plain old fashioned common courtesy with a dash of honor.
    you mean things like ---thank you, please, may I, your welcome just to mention a few of the manners that also indicate respect for the other person no matter what the age. It seems like most of the adults have stopped using them and as a result the younger generations see this and take it as an example. If mom and dad aren't going to use manners why should I? Mom and dad drink, speed, cuss and fight why shouldn't I. Kids learn by the examples that they see adults setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Hey Katie,. where ya been? It has been a long time since you've been around this neck of the woods. Guess what For the first time since I have been here in Jackson (15 years) it looks like the ski resorts here may not be able to open here in town after thanksgiving as usual because there is no snow on the ground here.

and all common sense went out the window this year with the election
    I've been crazy busy.. No snow in Jackson Hole yet? That's pretty insane!

Common sense, manners, kindness, yep... all kind of went out the window at the same time..

I've been crazy busy.. No snow in Jackson Hole yet? That's pretty insane!

Common sense, manners, kindness, yep... all kind of went out the window at the same time..
    And we are still just about bone dry. Snow King is trying to make some but they will not be able to open this week end like normal. So slow down, have some coffee and smell some roses and stop by and say howdy once in a while.

I promise! I sure hope you get that snow soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    you mean things like ---thank you, please, may I, your welcome just to mention a few of the manners that also indicate respect for the other person no matter what the age. It seems like most of the adults have stopped using them and as a result the younger generations see this and take it as an example. If mom and dad aren't going to use manners why should I? Mom and dad drink, speed, cuss and fight why shouldn't I. Kids learn by the examples that they see adults setting.
    Yea, that sort of stuff too. But I was thinking more along the lines of people cussing the clerk at the grocery store out because they are out of something. Not his fault, likely he doesn't do the order.

Maybe having the curtosy of paying attention to driving rather than chatting with your girlfriend on the cell phone, or for some idiotic reason, trying to return a text while driving.

Or I saw this happen the other day while I was at the emergency room with a friend. A guy is sitting there with a cold, I know he's been there for awhile, but I'm reasonably sure all he had was a bad cold. A guy comes in with his kid, the kids arm wrapped in a bloody towel, a lot of blood. They take him on back. The guy with the cold goes up to the window and raises hell about them taking the kid before him. No common curtosy, much less any honor.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    Yea, that sort of stuff too. But I was thinking more along the lines of people cussing the clerk at the grocery store out because they are out of something. Not his fault, likely he doesn't do the order.

Maybe having the curtosy of paying attention to driving rather than chatting with your girlfriend on the cell phone, or for some idiotic reason, trying to return a text while driving.

Or I saw this happen the other day while I was at the emergency room with a friend. A guy is sitting there with a cold, I know he's been there for awhile, but I'm reasonably sure all he had was a bad cold. A guy comes in with his kid, the kids arm wrapped in a bloody towel, a lot of blood. They take him on back. The guy with the cold goes up to the window and raises hell about them taking the kid before him. No common curtosy, much less any honor.
    They should have bounced him out on his rear end and quickly at that.