+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trouble For Amway India

http://newindianexpress.com/states/k...cle1610789.ece

The meltdown of US direct-selling giant Amway seems to have begun in Kerala with the arrest of its CEO William Scott Pinckney and two directors from Kozhikode on Monday. Police officials probing the case believe the amount of fraud detected is only a tip of the iceberg as Amway does country-wide operations.

And at the receiving end are a bunch of gullible housewives from the lower middle income bracket who have unwisely invested hard-earned money in this venture eying the quick returns promised by Amway.

Madhavikutty, 53, of Mukkam in rural Kozhikode had invested in Amway as a shortcut to multiply her money to construct a house. As her husband was bedridden, the income from her beauty parlour at Mukkam was the family’s only revenue. She came to know about Amway through her friend, who was a native of Pavangad in Kozhikode.

“The training sessions that I had attended were literally a magic world. Their words were so trustable that those who attend the class would definitely join the network. I also did join by remitting a fee of Rs 999 and became an Independent Awmay Business Owner (ABO) with Amway. Then, I attended similar sessions in Kochi, Thrissur and Coimbatore and had purchased products worth Rs19,000,” recollected Madhavikutty.

“During the training sessions, the company enticed us by introducing certain persons who had become millionaires by selling Amway products.

“They always compelled us to sell the products and recruit people to make money. I had bought almost 90 per cent of the products marketed by Amway. Due to the heavy pricing, we could not sell the products. And the company refused to accept the unsold products. In the process, I lost around `6 lakh, the amount which my husband had received while retiring from service,’’ she said.

Re: Trouble For Amway India

nevermind
    Last edited by Richard 3; 12-06-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    I like the sound of "meltdown."

I'll still write to the CEO if he does time.
    Sorry, this is an old article. I want to know what happened since then. The comments section sounds a lot like this forum:

"AMWAY is big scam and they are a cult also. They have inflated price on sub-standard products. Poor people scammed into these meetings and these so called 'Diamonds' , 'Emeralds' etc.. stand on the stage and glorify the company and their success thru AMWAY. Its like a Pentecostal prayer meeting...... If you look at their business model...its modeled based on Money Chain business.. Its illegal and should be banned in India."

Sorry, this is an old article. I want to know what happened since then. The comments section sounds a lot like this forum:

"AMWAY is big scam and they are a cult also. They have inflated price on sub-standard products. Poor people scammed into these meetings and these so called 'Diamonds' , 'Emeralds' etc.. stand on the stage and glorify the company and their success thru AMWAY. Its like a Pentecostal prayer meeting...... If you look at their business model...its modeled based on Money Chain business.. Its illegal and should be banned in India."
    Yup, sure does -

Somebody is not being honest. I have returned products to Amway many times and never had any trouble getting a refund. I know other people who have also returned products to Amway and had no trouble getting refunds.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Sorry, this is an old article. I want to know what happened since then.
    What's happening since is the IDSA and it's members companies, such as Amway, have been working hard with the Indian federal government to develop legislation covering direct selling so that the anti-mlm zealots can't keep exploiting an ambiguous law.

I've heard there's a good chance it will be introduced in the last session before an election is held next year. If not it doesn't matter as the party that looks as if it will win power is very pro-business. Indeed Amway's C&F Agent in Andra Pradesh is a high ranking party official (which may explain some of the problems in that state, since the opposing party are currently in power in AP)
    Last edited by IBOFightBack; 12-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    What's happening since is the IDSA and it's members companies, such as Amway, have been working hard with the Indian federal government to develop legislation covering direct selling so that the anti-mlm zealots can't keep exploiting an ambiguous law.
    Gee, when that happens, and I'm sure it will, I wonder if jokefool will let everyone in on the great news?

I seriously doubt it....that's one of the ways jokey 'lies' & misinforms...it's just, what he does....:blunt:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Gee, when that happens, and I'm sure it will, I wonder if jokefool will let everyone in on the great news?

I seriously doubt it....that's one of the ways jokey 'lies' & misinforms...it's just, what he does...
    When they stop arresting criminals from Amway, I'll stop talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    When they stop arresting criminals from Amway, I'll stop talking about it.
    Really ? Was he CONVICTED of a crime ? If that doesn't matter does it make YOU a criminal ? After all you admitted to being a knowing participant of a pyramid scheme with your Amway team.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Really ? Was he CONVICTED of a crime ? If that doesn't matter does it make YOU a criminal ? After all you admitted to being a knowing participant of a pyramid scheme with your Amway team.
    Bad choice of words.

However, I made no such admission.

Bad choice of words.

I think you wrote something to the effect that you worked for the bonuses not retail sales. Unfortunately it seems that historical posts only go back to the last 500 posts. In your case the first of October so I couldn't find the comment.

Bad choice of words.

You said you were taught and you taught others that the products didn't matter, they were just used to qualify for bonuses. That sounds like you were building your business like a pyramid scheme. You should be arrested.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    You said you were taught and you taught others that the products didn't matter, they were just used to qualify for bonuses. That sounds like you were building your business like a pyramid scheme. You should be arrested.
    Show me a direct quote where I said that.

Show me a direct quote where I said that.
    Noagenda has explained above why that's not possible, but I remember it well. You are proving yourself to be a liar now too. Who the hell would believe anything you say or ever trust you?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Noagenda has explained above why that's not possible, but I remember it well. You are proving yourself to be a liar now too. Who the hell would believe anything you say or ever trust you?
    That whats good about posting allot on this forum. It gets difficult for anyone to prove what you said. Are you reading TomInAustin ?

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    I think you wrote something to the effect that you worked for the bonuses not retail sales. Unfortunately it seems that historical posts only go back to the last 500 posts. In your case the first of October so I couldn't find the comment.
    Not quite. I attended a function where the diamond said technically, the products are irrelevant and you could bury them in your backyard as long as you did 100+ PV, which would could be duplicated by your group.

My sponsor, at times told me that selling products wasn't all that important, and that we didn't have to follow the ten customer rule as nobody checked or enforced it. I did sell some products to family and friends and one of my downline ran a "small business" where he tried to sell products but did not try to sponsor and run a "big business".
    Last edited by Joecool44; 12-06-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Not quite. I attended a function where the diamond said technically, the products are irrelevant and you could bury them in your backyard as long as you did 100+ PV, which would could be duplicated by your group.

My sponsor, at times told me that selling products wasn't all that important, and that we didn't have to follow the ten customer rule as nobody checked or enforced it. I did sell some products to family and friends and one of my downline ran a "small business" where he tried to sell products but did not try to sponsor and run a "big business".
    So, you actually did imply that the products didn't really matter, AND that you were essentially building a pyramid scheme, making you an "Amway criminal" yourself but, ....it's all your upline's fault...right jokey?

rofl
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard