+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if other life forms exist?

How would you react if a real UFO landed on earth and alien beings contacted us?

What if they were non-human looking? Would you consider them a threat?

How would you react if you found out the government had been in communication with them for the past 50 years and hid it from us?

Is it possible that the space station is really an early warning system for earth against an attack from outer space?
    Foxbaron.com
    Foxbaron.blogspot.com
    FREE GIFT: 101 Ways Your Business Can Change the World

Re: What if other life forms exist?

Quote Originally Posted by foxbaron View Post
    How would you react if a real UFO landed on earth and alien beings contacted us?

How would you react if you found out the government had been in communication with them for the past 50 years and hid it from us?
    I would be delighted, though I don't think it's very likely. Because of statistics alone, any species we encountered would likely be at least a few million years more advanced than us.

To put that in perspective, we've only had writing for a few thousand years, civilisations for ten thousand. Humans have only existed for a few hundred thousand.

These guys would be so far advanced beyond us that for them to communicate with us would be the same as us trying to communicate to a dog. It's possible, and they understand some of it, but they can't even begin to comprehend what's really going on.

Is it possible that the space station is really an early warning system for earth against an attack from outer space?
    Possible, but not likely. It's far more efficient to use radars on Earth. You can have heaps more of them, you can have them all over Earth so they can see in all directions, all the time, and for the same cost you can get much, much, much better results than sending something into space. (Unless you're after really deep space stuff like hubble).

Excellent thread George.

Personally I am a doubting Thomas and don't believe there are any other organic life forms in the universe and if there are, it would be almost impossible for us to have any contact with them for many reasons.

I also have a theory that there might be another planet very similar to Earth behind the Sun which we cannot see... what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    Excellent thread George.

Personally I am a doubting Thomas and don't believe there are any other organic life forms in the universe and if there are, it would be almost impossible for us to have any contact with them for many reasons.

I also have a theory that there might be another planet very similar to Earth behind the Sun which we cannot see... what do you think?

I thought I explained this to you before.

It's very simple.

If there were a planet where that photo suggests, YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE IT! You don't need a conspiracy theory for this one, you can go out and check it yourself. Watch the sky just after sunset for a few months and see if you can find the planet. (Since people have been doing this for literally thousands of years, I'm betting you won't).

Also, just because Earth is the third planet from the sun doesn't mean that when you look at the sun you will only see two planets. You could take a photo like that and have 4 or 5 or 6 planets in view, so how do you know it wasn't mercury, or venus, or saturn that was edited out?

Yes Kazza, I understand your point of view but I don't think you understand mine...let me explain...

The sun is xxx thousands of miles wide and therefore my theory, call it the AXJ theory is that for equilibrium to exist in Space there must be another object (call it planet) the same size and weight in mass as this one 180 degrees opposite and therefore is directly behind the sun and nobody can see it.

I think the sun is 100 times bigger than the earth correct me if I am wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    I thought I explained this to you before.

It's very simple.

If there were a planet where that photo suggests, YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE IT! You don't need a conspiracy theory for this one, you can go out and check it yourself. Watch the sky just after sunset for a few months and see if you can find the planet. (Since people have been doing this for literally thousands of years, I'm betting you won't).

Also, just because Earth is the third planet from the sun doesn't mean that when you look at the sun you will only see two planets. You could take a photo like that and have 4 or 5 or 6 planets in view, so how do you know it wasn't mercury, or venus, or saturn that was edited out?

Yes Kazza, I understand your point of view but I don't think you understand mine...let me explain...

The sun is xxx thousands of miles wide and therefore my theory, call it the AXJ theory is that for equilibrium to exist in Space there must be another object (call it planet) the same size and weight in mass as this one 180 degrees opposite and therefore is directly behind the sun and nobody can see it.
    Kazza may be one of the 'science guys' on this forum, but even I can see the flaw in this one...
    I'll give you a hint... the Earth is not the only planet in the Solar System. Think about it for a bit... finished? Good. Now that you've thought about it, please explain why the 'counter-weight' planets for Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune have not been seen by astronomers in the past 500 or so years?

Don't know, but I'd sure want to know what their message was.
    same response
    I wouldn't be surprised.
    Possible, but not likely. As Kazza stated... it would be too expensive and inefficient.

Perhaps because their forms are not the same, only the weights are. Also the fact that the sun revolves around other suns and our whole solar system might be counter-balanced by another one an equal distance away may cause a whole new look at the universe. Just think about this one. Imagine that you have a little crystal box or ball in front of you. There is absolutely nothing in it (vacume), no gravity either. You toss in a couple of marbles, and and a golf ball and after they keep hitting the side for some mysterious reason you come back to find the 2 marbles 180 degrees opposite each other and rotating around a golf ball...which is also rotating...how do you explain it?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Kazza may be one of the 'science guys' on this forum, but even I can see the flaw in this one...
    I'll give you a hint... the Earth is not the only planet in the Solar System. Think about it for a bit... finished? Good. Now that you've thought about it, please explain why the 'counter-weight' planets for Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune have not been seen by astronomers in the past 500 or so years?

[/quote]

Don't know. They do say that everything in the Universe has a twin. Wouldn't surprise me.
    Foxbaron.com
    Foxbaron.blogspot.com

Thank you George. Do you think the little box experiment can be turned into a theory, hypothesis? How could it be carried out?

Don't know. They do say that everything in the Universe has a twin. Wouldn't surprise me.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because their forms are not the same, only the weights are. Also the fact that the sun revolves around other suns and our whole solar system might be counter-balanced by another one an equal distance away may cause a whole new look at the universe. Just think about this one. Imagine that you have a little crystal box or ball in front of you. There is absolutely nothing in it (vacume), no gravity either. You toss in a couple of marbles, and and a golf ball and after they keep hitting the side for some mysterious reason you come back to find the 2 marbles 180 degrees opposite each other and rotating around a golf ball...which is also rotating...how do you explain it?
    As you've said "...object (call it planet) the same size and weight in mass as this one 180 degrees opposite..." While it might not be a 'mirror image' of it's counterpart, it would be visible.
    As for your 'crystal ball / box' analogy... you need a better crop of 'shrooms.
    Have fun playing with yourself...

Ok people.... so many things wrong with this idea.

For starters, AXJ, things in orbit don't need to balance. Or in fact, in a sense they do, but Earth is balanced by the sun.

Imagine a see-saw...

Lol. Was searching for a diagram to illustrate this and I just found exactly the explanation I was going to give.

The sun is not a stationary body around which we orbit. Both the sun and the Earth orbit a point in space, the sun is much closer to that point than Earth is, because the sun is much heavier.

Next point.

If there were another planet we would be able to detect the effect it has on the rotation of the other planets. This is how people were able to find Neptune and Pluto. Now as I'm sure you know, Pluto is incredibly tiny and incredibly far away from any other planet. If there were something in the inner solar system even half the size of our moon, let alone the size of Earth itself, we would know about it.

Next point.

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ
    Imagine that you have a little crystal box or ball in front of you. There is absolutely nothing in it (vacume), no gravity either. You toss in a couple of marbles, and and a golf ball and after they keep hitting the side for some mysterious reason you come back to find the 2 marbles 180 degrees opposite each other and rotating around a golf ball...which is also rotating...how do you explain it?
    Can't explain it because that's not what would happen. I don't think you quite grasp the concept of gedanken yet.

Thank you George. Do you think the little box experiment can be turned into a theory, hypothesis? How could it be carried out?

Don't know. They do say that everything in the Universe has a twin. Wouldn't surprise me.
    [/QUOTE]

Who says that everything in the Universe has a twin???????

People like you that know nothing about it? Stoners? Hippies staring at the sky and wondering about it all?

People like you that know nothing about it? Stoners? Hippies staring at the sky and wondering about it all?[/quote]

I never said I was a scientist, nor have I ever been a hippie, I just said I had heard that supposedly everything in the universe has a twin.

What do you mean by "people like you". Did I insult you somehow?
    Foxbaron.com
    Foxbaron.blogspot.com

People like you that know nothing about it? Stoners? Hippies staring at the sky and wondering about it all?

I never said I was a scientist, nor have I ever been a hippie, I just said I had heard that supposedly everything in the universe has a twin.

What do you mean by "people like you". Did I insult you somehow?[/QUOTE]

No, sorry foxbaron. Was responding to AXJ. Your posts are thoughtful, but AXJ posts some absolute rubbish. In itself that isn't bad, but I get annoyed because he refuses to listen to any responses and prefers go on believing whatever it is he comes up with in his head, even in the face of overwhelming evidence otherwise.