+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

BEWARE of Google Money Tree

For those that might answer an email offering a deal on how to make money from home, BEWARE!!!

Google Money Tree will charge you $72.21 after the "free trial and you just pay shipping of $3.88".

Ive really surprised myself that I did this but I did answer their ad and paid the $3.88. I then waited for their "kit" to arrive at my door.

As of the 18th, nothing has been received but I just saw that 5 days ago on the 13th they billed my debit card for $72.21 because I did not call in within 7 days to cancel my account!!

After talking to their customer service today, that is a MONTHLY fee for those that do not cancel their account!!

When I checked out their website it was nothing more than selling you information on how to sell on ebay, drop shipping, finding suppliers etc.

Ive been selling online for 4 yrs now and should have known better but I thought when I saw the email, that it dealt with other type of work at home based on their email info.

I also got a call a few days after signing up for their free kit....after tracking out their name, they use to be involved with an internet rip-off we all know from the past "StoresOnline" out of Utah.

I hope this warning helps those that took their bait and didn't know about having to call in to stop them from billing you $72.21 per month!!!

Re: BEWARE of Google Money Tree

I get bombarded with emails for this from affiliate marketers. I didnt like the looks of it so never gave it a shot. I also am a affiliate marketer myself and I would never promote it just for those same reasons. The commish rate on it is very high from most affiliate networks, like 30+ plus per sale so I see why it is pushed. I would like to here more from someone who has tried it though.

They hid the negative optout in the terms of service.

Funny thing. There was just a 2 million dollar settlement against a company that did just that:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/06/manay.shtm

Try contacting your credit card company to get them to reverse the charges. Even if you're beyond the normal time allowed for doing chargebacks, they'll often extend it if something like this is involved.

Since you have not received the kit yet, you can do a chargeback.

Well, I wish I had found this website before I got charged $72.21 on the 19th of December!!! I called and spoke to someone named "Brooke" today. She told me that there was a 7 day cancellation policy that I didn't know anything because I hadn't even logged on to look at it yet. I said I want my money refunded to my account.

I mentioned that someone called me a week ago (Sunday, Dec 14th), and at that time I told the caller I was curious, however, not serious. She never said anything about cancelling while she had me on the phone, she simply said she would call me back on the 21st (yeah, that never happened). They knew they already had me for the first installment. So, I told them today to cancel me and I wanted to get a refund. NO CAN DO.

When I asked to talk to a supervisor, she said her supervisor doesn't take calls. (I asked why is she there then?). She even suggested that I hang up and call back, and the next person would tell me the same thing.

Whatever. $72.21 down the drain.:1crysad:

:2gunsfiring_v1:TOTAL SCAM...DON'T GET SUCKED IN, NOT EVEN FOR THE $3.98 SHIPPING FOR THE "KIT" THAT NEVER COMES!

I've had the same experience, and like you, I should have known better. I didn't receive my cd for over 2 weeks, never got a confirmation email with login information to access their website. I lost almost $150 to this scheme and they refuse to refund. Don't be fooled by the Google logo! Does anyone know if Google is affliated with this in any way?

Ok, this is crap I signed up at the worst time 12/21 and they were closed 12/24 and when I tried to call on 12/25 they kept me on hold forever! I got frustrated and hung up.. Thinking that you had seven business days to cancel I called back on Monday only to find out I had already been charged the 72.21.. They stated that it was 7 days even though they were closed for 4 of those days! They suck and I am going to try to get the charge reversed but I'm sure it will not happen.. This is the worst scam ever I haven't even been notified about the kit and its shipping status.. Eventhough it's for information that I already know! AHHHH!

I fell for this scam too. $72.29 charged to my account. I just logged a complaint on better business bureau. I encourage everyone to do the same. The company is located at 2375 E. Tropicana Ave Las Vegas, NV 89119. Go to the BBB website to log your complaint at:

http://southernnevada.bbb.org/

I really wouldn't call it a scam, we as consumer has the responsibility to READ the Terms and Conditions.

And it is not hidden, it is there but if you are too lazy to read it then you will really have to pay for it.

Also, you can try filing a law suit, but I don't think that would help either.

The moment you click the payment button, and check the box for their terms and conditions, You agree that you will not hold them liable for them renewing your account with them and being charge the amount they have specified.

It is partly your fault, with the way things are going, with our economy, I do think the same sometimes, that maybe there is another way I can start my business without spending that much.

I also was a victim by a different company, and my bank couldn't do anything because I agreed to their terms and conditions, it was back in 2005. I even told the bank representative that I only agreed for the $1.95 shipping and handling.

So right now I really am weary with those spam messages, and you got those for visiting websites and clicking yes on some of the pop ups.

So right now, whenever I try some of the programs, I make sure that I cancel it on or before the trial ends, and it starts after you have sent your payment.

The CD or information they will send you, you will receive it, it has informations in it, but not worth the price.

:2gunsfiring_v1:But then again, it doesn't hurt to file a dispute, if you need to make a call, make the call now, start with your credit card company or bank if it's a bank credit card.:2gunsfiring_v1:

Other than that, I wish well for you. And you will get over it, I mean for me that was my savings that lost, I didn't have a job then.

I was making money selling items on Amazon and Ebay, but I was just not contented.:judges:

Last edited by ScamWatcheree; 01-02-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justtoomuchtime View Post
    They hid the negative optout in the terms of service.

Funny thing. There was just a 2 million dollar settlement against a company that did just that:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/06/manay.shtm

Try contacting your credit card company to get them to reverse the charges. Even if you're beyond the normal time allowed for doing chargebacks, they'll often extend it if something like this is involved.
    Here is the problem with that. First of all, the terms of the sale are clearly disclosed on every page of the order process, including the terms and conditions page. In addition, the payment and neg option language is at the TOP of the t/c page.. unlike so many other sites who try to hide it.. googlemoneytree doesn't.

Also.. the FTC decision you reference above was NOT in any way similar. These guys vilolated the Unordered Merchandise Statute, and did not disclose the membership plan or it's terms. Google Money Tree discloses all of that on the order page, as well as in the terms.

If someone purchases something online, and does not bother reading the sales page, let alone the terms and conditions... how can you call the seller of such information deceptive?

In addition, should you attempt to 'charge back' information and products you have legitimately purchased, you are then stealing. How can you justify that??

Just my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by irma210 View Post
    Ok, this is crap I signed up at the worst time 12/21 and they were closed 12/24 and when I tried to call on 12/25 they kept me on hold forever! I got frustrated and hung up.. Thinking that you had seven business days to cancel I called back on Monday only to find out I had already been charged the 72.21.. They stated that it was 7 days even though they were closed for 4 of those days! They suck and I am going to try to get the charge reversed but I'm sure it will not happen.. This is the worst scam ever I haven't even been notified about the kit and its shipping status.. Eventhough it's for information that I already know! AHHHH!

Being on hold that long is unacceptable. I'm sure it was just an issue of the holiday, but still.. unacceptable. I represent the company in question. Will you please contact me privately and I will get your money refunded if full.

Thanks

No.. Google is not affiliated with GoogleMoneyTree.com. Google Money Tree teaches you affiliate marketing using the Google adwords and adsense system.

13. 01-05-2009, 01:04 AM

Reason
    submitted correct one

Quote Originally Posted by ItsEasyToFixThis View Post
    Being on hold that long is unacceptable. I'm sure it was just an issue of the holiday, but still.. unacceptable. I represent the company in question. Will you please contact me privately and I will get your money refunded if full.

Thanks
    Hi, yes they kept me on hold forever when I called on 12/25 and I also must mention that when I called back on Monday,(because they are closed on Sat/Sun) the representative was very rude! How do I go about having my money refunded? Please advise with any info.. Thank You

WOW! Do you people never read "Terms & Conditions" & "Privacy" of companies like this one. I read T&C before I decided to purchase and then looked for reviews of the site. Not helpful because I have read the T&C and know that ignorant people are complaining. So it just might be a ligit thing but everyone gets stuck at the $72 and change because they didn't read. I will try this out and let you all know what is up. $72 is nothing to lose esp. if no one has even tried this program. Did anyone actually try this program or only try to get your $74.00 back???

Good news....maybe this will help everyone who continues to get ripped off by the scam.

I went to my bank, and asked to have the charges reversed. I told them I authorized the $3.88, but never the $72.21. I did, however, have to close my charge account and reopen another one, but I got my money back.

Lesson learned (a couple of them) for me. Hope this helps.:spin2:

Whoever this is, is such an ignorant person, it just makes me so upset. Everything is a scam, otherwise explain to me how I must have called fifty times, explaining how it stated that the user name and password was "incorrect login information" and all they said was that I should go to the library to try it there. Quite honestly I really doubt the website of information is real. As a customer once I was charged the $72.21 for being "ignorant" as you claim along with so, so many other people that have fallen for this scam, all I ask is for the product I paid for. When all the reps. say is they can't help, and I requested to speak to a supervisor, to my surprise there are no supervisors. This people stole my money, because if all I've tried to do is get the product which caused me $142.21 because of two overdraft fees that accumulated as a result of not having the funds for a charge I didn't know I was going to get, and "Customer Service" won't help me, you're the ignorant one for not accepting that everything about "Google Money Tree" is a scam. How is it that I purchase a work from home kit and this wonderful company will have the nerve and [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']audacity[/FONT] to send me out in the street to the library to see if the website works, when miraculously all the other websites work fine on my computer. So sorry but I refuse to continue making an ass out of myself and going to the library to try to log into a website that DOESN"T EXIST because it's a scam. STOP LYING TO YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Card Member Services View Post
    WOW! Do you people never read "Terms & Conditions" & "Privacy" of companies like this one. I read T&C before I decided to purchase and then looked for reviews of the site. Not helpful because I have read the T&C and know that ignorant people are complaining. So it just might be a ligit thing but everyone gets stuck at the $72 and change because they didn't read. I will try this out and let you all know what is up. $72 is nothing to lose esp. if no one has even tried this program. Did anyone actually try this program or only try to get your $74.00 back???
    Last edited by Shorty85; 01-14-2009 at 10:43 PM.