+ Reply to Thread

Where is the $1?

One day, Alex, Beatrice, and Charles went on a holiday to Las Vegas. They rented a hotel, owned by Dean (One of their friend in Las Vegas) for $30 a night. After they arrived at the hotel, they met Elle who was the receptionist in that hotel, paid $30 and they went to the room. Because that day was Dean’s birthday, Dean was giving a $5 discount for the room rented by his friends and asked Elle to deliver the money to their room. When Elle was walking to their room, she was thinking that it will be difficult to share $5 for three people. So, Elle took $2 from it and gave the $3 to Alex, Beatrice, and Charles.
    The problem is:
    After the $3 discount, how much have they paid? Is it $27? ($30-$3)
    How much was taken by Elle? $2.
    So, $27 + $2 = $29. Where is the $1?

[Referral link redacted. Short ones in signature line only please!]
    Last edited by mumbles; 02-13-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Re: Where is the $1?

You're wrong....they paid $25 for the room, got $3 change and the bell boy stole $2

25+3+2=30

it's the way you tell it that confuses people, I'm sure you could be a decent quick change theif some day, if you're so inclined

:
    If people are looking for real and verified business opportunities....DRF Fund is definitely a program that I can recommend with confidence."

Wanrou

Actually there are 2(two) problems here.
    1. You will never get 30-3+2 to = 30 no matter how hard you try.:freak3:
    2. Elle is a thief and will soon end up keeping OJ company.:cwm2:
    "The Greater the Ingorance, The Greater the Dogmatism." Sir William Osler
    "Anger is never without reason, but seldom a good one." Ben Franklin

I'm actually guessing that there was no birthday discount since the birthday boy did not rent the room himself. So the $30 is still $30. If the attendant actually took $2 out of that then she is a thief. Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyparrot View Post
    I'm actually guessing that there was no birthday discount since the birthday boy did not rent the room himself. So the $30 is still $30. If the attendant actually took $2 out of that then she is a thief. Any other thoughts?
    Only. What is Steve Wynns' birthday? I'd like to see if I go to the Mirage on his birthday will he give me a discount? :cwm2:
    "The Greater the Ingorance, The Greater the Dogmatism." Sir William Osler
    "Anger is never without reason, but seldom a good one." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by StevenC View Post
    Only. What is Steve Wynns' birthday? I'd like to see if I go to the Mirage on his birthday will he give me a discount? :cwm2:
    Stephen Alan Wynn was born January 27, 1942 (age 67). Go ahead and give it a try

Where you get rooms for 30.- today in time, that's a scam in my point of view. DON'T BUY IT.

G.
    Personal invitation for 10 days FREE at Wealthy Affiliate. Limited time full access WITHOUT paying a Cent Read first a Review HERE

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org