+ Reply to Thread

The Joke Is On Us

Absolutely The Funniest Joke Ever ! ON US

Does anybody out there have any memory of the reason given for the establishment of the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY during the Carter Administration? Anybody? Anything? No?

Didn't think so.

Bottom line . . we've spent several hundred billion dollars in support of an agency the reason for which not one person who reads this can remember.

Ready? It was very simple, and at the time everybody thought it very appropriate.

The Department of Energy was instituted 8-04-1977 TO "LESSEN OUR DEPENDENCE ON FOREIGN OIL". HEY, PRETTY EFFICIENT,.......HUH?

AND NOW IT'S 2008, 31 YEARS LATER, AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS NECESSARY DEPARTMENT IS AT $24.2 BILLION A YEAR, THEY HAVE 16,000 FEDERAL EMPLOYEES, AND APPROXIMATELY 100,000 CONTRACT EMPLOYEES AND LOOK AT THE JOB THEY HAVE DONE!

THIS IS WHERE YOU SLAP YOUR FOREHEAD AND SAY: 'WHAT WAS I THINKING?'

Ah yes, good ole bureaucracy. And now we are going to turn the Banking system over to them?............

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: The Joke Is On Us

As well, there's a story that just came out a couple of days ago regarding the U.S. Treasury Department manuevering to help failing businesses to buy othe rfailed businesses with some billions of dollars provided by we the people, so that these companies can use these investemts using our money to buy them, to file as losses at the end of their fisical year. Therefore, they then can file them as a business investment loss on their taxes.
    ANother MIgraine Headache causing episode for anyone that tries to figure out the legality and ethics of such practices. Besides, being provided and sanctioned by one arm of our government.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    As well, there's a story that just came out a couple of days ago regarding the U.S. Treasury Department manuevering to help failing businesses to buy othe rfailed businesses with some billions of dollars provided by we the people, so that these companies can use these investemts using our money to buy them, to file as losses at the end of their fisical year. Therefore, they then can file them as a business investment loss on their taxes.
    ANother MIgraine Headache causing episode for anyone that tries to figure out the legality and ethics of such practices. Besides, being provided and sanctioned by one arm of our government.
    And the tentacles of the octapus just keep on getting bigger don't they

have you read coberst's latest post in the sci section on redistribution!?but i also have to point something out!?my own identification with issues is changing!?and really,that is the secret of any human change of mind!?i attribute it to my applying CT and maintaining a health discipline of NO chemical/pharmaceutical aids!?i have noticed a slow/subtle but steady extraction from emotional auto reaction/THINKING!?i can only explain this in this way!?when you red something,you are prone to automatically associate the words and sentence structure with a programmed feeling!?either happy/glad or mad/sad!!?
    everyone seems to like to criticize the media for not serving the people's best interest!?yet i find most of the posting on scams falls into that same trap!?pointing out some type of fault in something usually about MONEY!?yet providing no counter proposal to relieve the tensions incurred by such accusations!?i call this inciteful journalism instead of insightful!?not much different than yelling fire in the theatre after you have taken a safe position to watch the havoc ensue!?even if the accusations are true and accurate,the manner in which they are presented can only call for mob justice!?another political trick for attention/loyalty!?
    the only way out of this self inflicted delimna is to sober up on your own regard!?once you decide this as a permanent aim,you will find there are others doing the same!?and you will also find that those you may have considered to be having no clue or seemingly out of touch with reality(yours),are actually now your best source of affirmation!?something 1 needs when actually changing minds!?:spin2: : :judges: hehe!!.....just askn.........
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Well, we could just be satisfied with the approach of, what was it? ; in "Brave New World" where the government's Ministry rewrote History every day, so that there was never any reference to what had occured or had been done previously. Therefore, only thing that was know was briefly; what is current, so to speak. But then tomorrow, according to their history, it never happened. That, as well, was designed to imply that there was no yesterday, or past...
    Otherwise, like following the Mushroom Farming Principle; feed the public a lot of horse shit and keep them in the dark!:freak3::rasta: NOT ask'n...
    Vasudeva

Otherwise, like following the Mushroom Farming Principle; feed the public a lot of horse shit and keep them in the dark

Sounds like what all governments do each and every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Otherwise, like following the Mushroom Farming Principle; feed the public a lot of horse shit and keep them in the dark

Sounds like what all governments do each and every day.
    That's right and to ignore it is perilous, to say the least. But then for some... they love being ingnorant because they find it blissful..In other words, what you don't know wont hurt you, as well as what you intentionally ingore.
    For instance, Wall Street Investor/Speculator types getting way too greedy and making idiotic decisions, going bust, then want our tx money to cover their losses. But then, there are some people that obviously don't mind and think this sort of activity should just be ignored.
    I still like the by line for the movie Dr. Strangelove, though; "How To Stop Worrying And Love the Bomb"...:2gunsfiring_v1::spin2::judges:
    Vasudeva

That's right and to ignore it is perilous, to say the least. But then for some... they love being ingnorant because they find it blissful..In other words, what you don't know wont hurt you, as well as what you intentionally ingore.
    For instance, Wall Street Investor/Speculator types getting way too greedy and making idiotic decisions, going bust, then want our tx money to cover their losses. But then, there are some people that obviously don't mind and think this sort of activity should just be ignored.
    I still like the by line for the movie Dr. Strangelove, though; "How To Stop Worrying And Love the Bomb"...:2gunsfiring_v1::spin2::judges:
    Me, I quit worrying when I flunked sand box in play school. When the teacher asked me why I did what I did there I told her what my dad had told me. S**t happens. Got kicked out and from that point on I knew life was a bitch so why worry about it. Just get on with it.

Me, I quit worrying when I flunked sand box in play school. When the teacher asked me why I did what I did there I told her what my dad had told me. S**t happens. Got kicked out and from that point on I knew life was a bitch so why worry about it. Just get on with it.

yeah, she just wanted to demostrate that "shit happens" to you, Jim!:crazy1::spin2::yelcutelaughA:
    Vasudeva

yeah, she just wanted to demostrate that "shit happens" to you, Jim!:crazy1::spin2::yelcutelaughA:
    Yep it sure does. Seems like it happens to us all wouldn't ya say. But to some it seems to happen more.

so we could go for ignorance is bliss!?this certainly is part of the equation for each of us!?so when does ignorance not become bliss!?how about when we get caught!?how many different types of "catches" are there!?what exactly is a CATCH!?ok.....i'll stop now instead of digging deeper!?:crazy1: :spin2: : hehe!!.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    so we could go for ignorance is bliss!?this certainly is part of the equation for each of us!?so when does ignorance not become bliss!?how about when we get caught!?how many different types of "catches" are there!?what exactly is a CATCH!?ok.....i'll stop now instead of digging deeper!?:crazy1: :spin2: : hehe!!.....just askn...
    sometimes I go fishing and catch a fish or two - sometimes more...:spin2:
    Vasudeva

Yep it sure does. Seems like it happens to us all wouldn't ya say. But to some it seems to happen more.
    those are the ones that are clueless, like I've heard about Turkeys that when it begans to hail just stand and look up into the sky like "what is this"?:spin2:
    Vasudeva

those are the ones that are clueless, like I've heard about Turkeys that when it begans to hail just stand and look up into the sky like "what is this"?:spin2:
    curiousosity maybe