+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite seafood+recipes

In this thread it's all about the seafood. Fish, mollusks, bivalves, urchins, crustaceans, anything edible that lives in the water.

My favorite recipe is microwave tuna casserole.
    Boil and drain 1/2 of a small box of elbow macaroni or rotini, throw it in a large ceramic casserole dish. Add 2 drained cans of solid white albacore and 2 cans of (regular) cream of mushroom soup. Mix until noodles are uniformly covered. Mix in one small can of whole-fat evaporated milk. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, or until dish is hot on the inside.
    It's meant for a family of 4, so you may need to adjust it...
    HASTA LA VISTA
    SEE YOU NEXT PROGRAM

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Your favorite seafood+recipes

Tuna Salad on Italian Bread, Toasted.

- one 6 oz. can Albacore Tuna.

- one medium onion chopped fine.

- two stalks celery hearts, chopped fine.

- black pepper; from whole peppercorns in a grinder - about one teaspoon.

- one teaspoon tabasco sauce

- about one and one half cups mayonaisse, or enough to give a good smooth consticency.

- one table spoon grey poupon mustard.

Mix all together so as to combine well. Toast Italian type bread with sesame seeed topping, such as U.S. Pepperridge Farm bread. Apply a liberal amount of the salad on the bread with lettuce and chopped tomato, if you like. Serve with Potato Chips and a good Bee, sych a Hennikens, or the likes.

As, well, you can serve this Tuna Slad in a "lettuce leaf cup".
    Take a head of romaine lettuce, remove a couple of nice crisp, compact lives from the inner part ot the lettuce and arrange on a plate. Place a goodly amount of the salad in the center of this lettuce.
    This is a good Summer dish.
    Vasudeva

NIce oven baked fish fillets:

several good fish fillets such as trout, cod, mackerel or the like. Arrange on a glass or metal baking dish. Pour on a bottled "salad dressing", preferably like Kraft or another good brand Thousand Islands dressing. Use a food brush or spatula to spread this dressing liberally over the fish. PLace in teh oven and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes, or until the topping begins to take on a nice light brown appearence.
    Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
    Oven should be preheated to about 380 degrees. Place on a middle shelf.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    NIce oven baked fish fillets:

several good fish fillets such as trout, cod, mackerel or the like. Arrange on a glass or metal baking dish. Pour on a bottled "salad dressing", preferably like Kraft or another good brand Thousand Islands dressing. Use a food brush or spatula to spread this dressing liberally over the fish. PLace in teh oven and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes, or until the topping begins to take on a nice light brown appearence.
    Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
    Oven should be preheated to about 380 degrees. Place on a middle shelf.
    Oven 400 degrees preheated. one to two pounds Orange roughy. Line 9X13 glass pan with foil, spray with olive oil spray or brush with real McCoy. Place fish in pan and sprinhkle with lemon juice, garlic powder and parmesen cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minuted or until flakey. Excellent white fish.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingbrick View Post
    In this thread it's all about the seafood. Fish, mollusks, bivalves, urchins, crustaceans, anything edible that lives in the water.

Boil and drain 1/2 of a small box of elbow macaroni or rotini, throw it in a large ceramic casserole dish. Add 2 drained cans of solid white albacore and 2 cans of (regular) cream of mushroom soup. Mix until noodles are uniformly covered. Mix in one small can of whole-fat evaporated milk. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, or until dish is hot on the inside.
    Southern fried catfish nuggets...delicious
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

my fav is of french origin......"LE FEESH ALA MAHOGONEE"!?

loosely translated it means.....

DEAD CARP NAILED TO A BOARD!!!!

martha stewart would just kill for the recipe/instructions!?so i cant divulge them here!?she has spies everywhere!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!......just askn...
    Last edited by lexx; 11-14-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Yeah... after you're finished, throw away the Carp and eat the board. That has been around a while...:freak3:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Yeah... after you're finished, throw away the Carp and eat the board. That has been around a while...:freak3:
    Fresh caught trout, cleaned and seasoned with butter added and lemon juice wrapped in foil tossed in the fire while you catch more for 20 minutes remove and enjoy

kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank

My Favorite seafood and the recipe is served at a " Red Lobster" resturaunt.
    New Mexico isn't native to seafood. :
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    My Favorite seafood and the recipe is served at a " Red Lobster" resturaunt.
    New Mexico isn't native to seafood. :
    Well neither is Wyoming but the stores stock it and I buy it and cook it. Of course we do have lakes around here fo fresh fish.

Spanish Paella of course...

Rice, Azafran, Sea food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by furbearingbrick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Well neither is Wyoming but the stores stock it and I buy it and cook it. Of course we do have lakes around here fo fresh fish.
    Yes, walmart has a live lobster tank my daughter thought the store had mistakingly put them in food instead of the pets section.
    The only fish story I have is ,
    Once while holding the fishing pole for my husband while he answered 'natures call' a dead carp with a big hole in it's side floated by and got snagged on the littel red and white float thing .
    It turns out some guys were up steam shooting the fish with 22 rifles because and I quote them "we forgot our poles".
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Yes, walmart has a live lobster tank my daughter thought the store had mistakingly put them in food instead of the pets section.
    The only fish story I have is ,
    Once while holding the fishing pole for my husband while he answered 'natures call' a dead carp with a big hole in it's side floated by and got snagged on the littel red and white float thing .
    It turns out some guys were up steam shooting the fish with 22 rifles because and I quote them "we forgot our poles".
    yeah but you got the fish.

yeah but you got the fish.
    HA , I didn't think of that, my husband and his buddies turned it around , they kept laughing that I was the only person in history to have been 'caught' by the fish. That was the 1st and last fishing trip they had a cook (me) I stay home and eat coyote steaks while they go drink beer and wish there was someone there to fix some lunch for them.:rotz: roflmao
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

HA , I didn't think of that, my husband and his buddies turned it around , they kept laughing that I was the only person in history to have been 'caught' by the fish. That was the 1st and last fishing trip they had a cook (me) I stay home and eat coyote steaks while they go drink beer and wish there was someone there to fix some lunch for them.:rotz: roflmao
    well it serves them right. But coyote steaks?????

well it serves them right. But coyote steaks?????
    Well ok , they really are the neighbors beef cows , but if you tell my neighbors I'll just act confused like :
    www.LetsSayThanks.com