+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Message from David Letterman

Subject: Fw: David Letterman the David we don't often see

No matter what your political convictions are this is an eye opener....What a thankless people we are!!!

David Letterman, on President Bush. (Surprising)

David Letterman wrote this; it's the David we don't often see....

'As most of you know I am not a President Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it seems to hit the mark.'

'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some Poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right?The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change. So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, 'What are we so unhappy about?'

A. Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week?

B. Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter?

C. Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?

D. Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

E. Maybe it is the ability to drive our cars and trucks from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state.

F. Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?

G. I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough either.

H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

I. Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home.

J. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family, and your belongings.

K. Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss.

L. This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

M. How about the complete religious, social and political f reedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that i s what has 67% of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have, and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.
    I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The president who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same president who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks? The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me?

Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad? Think about it.....are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the 'Media' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an 'other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable' discharge after a few days in
    the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans?

Say what you want, but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells, and when criticized, try to defend their actions by 'justifying' them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did, he would have done it this way......Insane!

Turn off the TV, burn
    Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage! Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.'With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of thePledge of Allegiance?'

-David LettermanPlease keep this in circulation. There are so many people who need to read this and grasp the truth of it all.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Message from David Letterman

Fact is we work damn hard for all of that. Pay our taxes and give over our young men and women to go fight in Wars that are often NOT of our choosing.
    It isn't very heart-warming or welcome to get that knowck at the door and there are two uniformed men there to break the news to you.
    Then, you get a paper and a white gravestone in a sea of other such white gravestones, in Arlington, or some other such bone-yard.
    The Amercian people are the ones that make all this happen and pay for it. THe Politicans and wealthy are just riding along on a high-class welfare system.
    If it is anyone that doesn't deserve what they get, it is them...
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Fact is we work damn hard for all of that. Pay our taxes and give over our young men and women to go fight in Wars that are often NOT of our choosing.
    It isn't very heart-warming or welcome to get that knowck at the door and there are two uniformed men there to break the news to you.
    Then, you get a paper and a white gravestone in a sea of other such white gravestones, in Arlington, or some other such bone-yard.
    The Amercian people are the ones that make all this happen and pay for it. THe Politicans and wealthy are just riding along on a high-class welfare system.
    Very true and you will not get any argument from me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Well one day they may well get just what they deserve.

i sincerely doubt that letterman wrote that!?even if he did feel that way!?but you know how everything has more BELIEVABLITY if a famous person said it!?:crazy1: : :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i sincerely doubt that letterman wrote that!?even if he did feel that way!?but you know how everything has more BELIEVABLITY if a famous person said it!?:crazy1: : :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn...
    I don't know if he did or not Lex. Just passing on something that has a lot of truth in it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I don't know if he did or not Lex. Just passing on something that has a lot of truth in it in my opinion.
    i'm glad you said truth "in it" and not that it was true!?truth is the power behind everything done by man!?truth,by itself=happiness without any other supporting necessity!?but only the desparate are forced to search out this "myth" and see if it's true!?the rest are in dire/optimistic competition to satisfy and promote their careless consuming ways!?enough apparently succeed to keep the whole game going!?but each generation see's the bar raised and the goal posts moved farther apart!?which means at some point quality control will become the "predominant" issue for man!?doesn't that define politics!?the only debate is over the methods!?:crazy1: : :spin2: hehe!!......just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank

Subject: Fw: David Letterman the David we don't often see

No matter what your political convictions are this is an eye opener....What a thankless people we are!!!

David Letterman, on President Bush. (Surprising)

David Letterman wrote this; it's the David we don't often see....

'As most of you know I am not a President Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it seems to hit the mark.'

'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some Poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right?The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change. So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, 'What are we so unhappy about?'

A. Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week?

B. Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter?

C. Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?

D. Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

E. Maybe it is the ability to drive our cars and trucks from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state.

F. Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?

G. I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough either.

H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

I. Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home.

J. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family, and your belongings.

K. Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss.

L. This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

M. How about the complete religious, social and political f reedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that i s what has 67% of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have, and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The president who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same president who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks? The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me?

Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad? Think about it.....are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the 'Media' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an 'other than honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ''dishonorable' discharge after a few days in

the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans?

Say what you want, but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells, and when criticized, try to defend their actions by 'justifying' them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did, he would have done it this way......Insane!

Turn off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage! Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.'With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of thePledge of Allegiance?'

-David LettermanPlease keep this in circulation. There are so many people who need to read this and grasp the truth of it all.

I got this in my inbox last week and when I run it past snopes.com
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/hitnail.asp

I just cahnged the part about who wrote it and passed it on.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

just a small note of interest to add,dont muslims get down and thank god(allah)at least 3 times a day!?and they dislike us for not doing so!?now why is it we find that offensive!?do you think this 'supposed' letterman likes muslims!?:crazy1: :spin2: :judges: hehe!!......just askn...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    just a small note of interest to add,dont muslims get down and thank god(allah)at least 3 times a day!?and they dislike us for not doing so!?now why is it we find that offensive!?do you think this 'supposed' letterman likes muslims!?:crazy1: :spin2: :judges: hehe!!......just askn...
    I don't know if they do it 3 times a day or if that why they don't like us, I passed this along with the same theory I would some part of the fairy tale book some folks hold in such high esteem ,, I can only control what I know or believe , and others have the same options/rights or at least I hope brains to think for themselves
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    I don't know if they do it 3 times a day or if that why they don't like us, I passed this along with the same theory I would some part of the fairy tale book some folks hold in such high esteem ,, I can only control what I know or believe , and others have the same options/rights or at least I hope brains to think for themselves
    People have the brains they just don't use them to much.

People have the brains they just don't use them to much.
    On the subject of 'people have the brains they just don't use them' .
    Does it take more energy to figure out how to get from one day to the next having others do the thinking and if someone is capable of figuring that out .why wouldn't they just apply the same energy to doing their own thinking?
    It is a known fact that some thought has to go into making it from sunup to sun down on a daily basis, a person has to eat ,drink (water), sleep etc... So, I wonder, if a person is 'to lazy or just never learned to 'think for them selves' ,who does the thinking for these people .
    I mean to just get on welfare a person has to fill out several forms so 'some thought has to go into making it happen'.
    Is it a question of confidences or lack of confidences that keeps some people from thinking for them selves? I have had to deal with people that anytime they are ask a question their answer is "I don't know." the question could be a simple yes or no one like "Do you want some coffee? or as simple as ' Do you want to sit here or there at this table ? or as important as "Will you get a job or go for food stamps?
    And last but not least,.
    Should I ask this here or start a new thread?
    BTW, I get really annoyed with more than one automatic "I don't know ' answer in a row.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

On the subject of 'people have the brains they just don't use them' .
    Does it take more energy to figure out how to get from one day to the next having others do the thinking and if someone is capable of figuring that out .why wouldn't they just apply the same energy to doing their own thinking?
    It is a known fact that some thought has to go into making it from sunup to sun down on a daily basis, a person has to eat ,drink (water), sleep etc... So, I wonder, if a person is 'to lazy or just never learned to 'think for them selves' ,who does the thinking for these people .
    I mean to just get on welfare a person has to fill out several forms so 'some thought has to go into making it happen'.
    Is it a question of confidences or lack of confidences that keeps some people from thinking for them selves? I have had to deal with people that anytime they are ask a question their answer is "I don't know." the question could be a simple yes or no one like "Do you want some coffee? or as simple as ' Do you want to sit here or there at this table ? or as important as "Will you get a job or go for food stamps?
    And last but not least,.
    Should I ask this here or start a new thread?
    BTW, I get really annoyed with more than one automatic "I don't know ' answer in a row.
    Boy this is going to sic both Lex and coontie on to ya. This is really a good topic I think.

Boy this is going to sic both Lex and coontie on to ya. This is really a good topic I think.
    Will this Lex and coontie be giving their opinions of my question and me or giving thier thoughts on the questions ask in my post?

Cuz if this coontie does again in this post what he did in that animal rescue post where he starts a bunch ill logical blah blah blah and then disappears from the thread , then he can stay 'disappeared'.
    Last edited by kathaj; 11-15-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

Will this Lex and coontie be giving their opinions of my question and me or giving thier thoughts on the questions ask in my post?

Cuz if this coontie does again in this post what he did in that animal rescue post where he starts a bunch ill logical blah blah blah and then disappears from the thread , then he can stay 'disappeared'.
    Don't worry about him. He is really an alright guy. just do what I was told to do when I first cam here. sit back, look, listen and learn. and take a lot of stuff with a grain or two of salt

Don't worry about him. He is really an alright guy. just do what I was told to do when I first cam here. sit back, look, listen and learn. and take a lot of stuff with a grain or two of salt
    Ok, thanks.
    And just in case someone becomes angry, I'm bringing cookies for the winner.:crazy1:
    www.LetsSayThanks.com