+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet

have any of you found that being
    anonymous makes you more inclined to act pissy and angry when some thing on line gets your ruffles in a tight ?
    Or are you generally pissy and angry IRL and just carry it over to your on line time ?

Markman is quick to observe that he doesn't believe there's more anger out there. But, he said, "there are more ways of expressing it on the Internet."
    One reason for the vitriol that emerges on the Web, experts say, is the anonymity the Internet provides. Commenters seldom use their real names, and even if they do, the chance for retaliation is slim.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11/03/a...net/index.html
    Last edited by kathaj; 11-03-2008 at 09:52 PM.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Re: #@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet

Yes, I feel like :madgo: when I see some post. I first got on this site to read up on a company that owed me money. I found myself responding to post that pissed me off. After making a comment that I wished I could take back, I know ignor most post and try to research new companies to help other people keep from being cheated,
    as I was.

Take Care.:

Did you have any luck getting your money back from the company that you came here to reseach ?
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

They advised me 7-10 days
    "check is in the mail"

I will get back to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcircle View Post
    They advised me 7-10 days
    "check is in the mail"

I will get back to you on that.
    Now that has got to be the oldest dodge in the world ever since a checking account was invented.

it's not always anonymous!?but yes,most who disown their anger feel more free to express it on the internet!?what is anger anyway!?1 word.....DIS-SATISFACTION!?what is satisfaction!?gettting what you WANT!?what is want!?the lack of happiness!?what is happiness!?the feeling that you have after you get everything you want!?see......life isn't complicated after all.........it's just circular!?now if we could only get rid of the musical chairs rules!?and why does the buck have to stop here!?treat it like a hot potato!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn....
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    it's not always anonymous!?but yes,most who disown their anger feel more free to express it on the internet!?what is anger anyway!?1 word.....DIS-SATISFACTION!?what is satisfaction!?gettting what you WANT!?what is want!?the lack of happiness!?what is happiness!?the feeling that you have after you get everything you want!?see......life isn't complicated after all.........it's just circular!?now if we could only get rid of the musical chairs rules!?and why does the buck have to stop here!?treat it like a hot potato!?: :crazy1: :spin2: hehe!!.....just askn....
    I find it almost impossible to become really 'angry' on the Internet, yes there are some really 'stupid' people that just can't get a grip on logic,
    and there are some who seem to be on line for the express object of seeing how quick they can show their ass. But just exactly how important is your opinion to my daily life ? ZERO, and
    But just exactly how important is my opinion to your daily life ? ZERO,
    so how can anyone justify anger .
    Now when someone comes out of left flied with some kind of BS name calling and opinions against proven facts on a personal level stubborn is what I do get trying to show them just how silly their BS is but angry,, besides I'm not using a bogus nick name so I don't guess I feel the same level of being Anonymous
    as some would.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

I think everyone feels this way about Keith...:spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    have any of you found that being
    anonymous makes you more inclined to act pissy and angry when some thing on line gets your ruffles in a tight ?
    Or are you generally pissy and angry IRL and just carry it over to your on line time ?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11/03/a...net/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    Think for yourself please, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    I find it almost impossible to become really 'angry' on the Internet, yes there are some really 'stupid' people that just can't get a grip on logic,
    and there are some who seem to be on line for the express object of seeing how quick they can show their ass. But just exactly how important is your opinion to my daily life ? ZERO, and
    But just exactly how important is my opinion to your daily life ? ZERO,
    so how can anyone justify anger .
    Now when someone comes out of left flied with some kind of BS name calling and opinions against proven facts on a personal level stubborn is what I do get trying to show them just how silly their BS is but angry,, besides I'm not using a bogus nick name so I don't guess I feel the same level of being Anonymous
    as some would.
    maybe you hit the nail on the head!?those who resort to anger dont have a daily life/dont like their daily life/are emotionally dependent on a specific set of personal standards that are not improving their life!?anger is certainly not considered normal healthy communication!?it reveals a grievance of some kind,an inability to function normally/cooperatively/and happily!?permanent anger or the tendency is an indication of possibly serious/dangerous mental instabilty!?do you think that anger is just the positive expression of an underlying fear!?the most basic of which is to be unneeded/unwanted/left behind/uncared for!? :1crysad: :crazy1: :spin2: heeh!!....just askn...
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

maybe you hit the nail on the head!?those who resort to anger dont have a daily life/dont like their daily life/are emotionally dependent on a specific set of personal standards that are not improving their life!?anger is certainly not considered normal healthy communication!?it reveals a grievance of some kind,an inability to function normally/cooperatively/and happily!?permanent anger or the tendency is an indication of possibly serious/dangerous mental instabilty!?do you think that anger is just the positive expression of an underlying fear!?the most basic of which is to be unneeded/unwanted/left behind/uncared for!? :1crysad: :crazy1: :spin2: heeh!!....just askn...
    Well said.

Or is it a way to vent anger and not either get hurt or hurt some physcally. Just wishing it so.

lexx do you think that anger is just the positive expression of an underlying fear!?the most basic of which is to be unneeded/unwanted/left behind/uncared for!?

I never thought about 'anger and the Internet 'in this context, but it does seem to make sense when applied to some of the 'arguments' one can see/read in threads and posts in most any forum/MB you care to look at.
    IRL I would bet you are right on the money. I think it maybe called
    abandonment issues, sometimes my mutt fred gets them when I have been busy . He does stupid stuff he knows is wrong . like pissing on things of mine. Of course I have went off topic with the mention of fred but I done it with a slight grin and giggle thinking about your question and people on line.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

Quote Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
    Actually, most people feel that way about you!! ROTFL!!!

Yep, it's a lot easier to vent your anger on the net. Remove the possibility of someone busting another in the mouth and even the biggest coward can grow a set that clanks.

There is one saying that I often see on the net that rings true. "Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics..... If you win.... that's great... give yourself a cookie... but you're still retarded." :spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    Yep, it's a lot easier to vent your anger on the net. Remove the possibility of someone busting another in the mouth and even the biggest coward can grow a set that clanks.

There is one saying that I often see on the net that rings true. "Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics..... If you win.... that's great... give yourself a cookie... but you're still retarded." :spin2:
    I do think that you have eally defined it. way to go Hound.