+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

food for thought

Here are some of Will Rogers quotes and I really do believe that they most certainly apply to todays candidates. You decide which one.

The promising season ends on election day. That same night, the alibi season begins and lasts for the next four years.

Our government is the only people that just love to spend money without being compelled to, at all. But the government is the only people that don't have to worry where it is coming from.

The reason that there are so few female politicians is that it is too much trouble to put makeup on two faces.

I really can't see any advantage of having one of your party as president. I would rather be able to critize a man than have to apologize for him.

Re: food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Here are some of Will Rogers quotes and I really do believe that they most certainly apply to todays candidates. You decide which one.

The promising season ends on election day. That same night, the alibi season begins and lasts for the next four years.

Our government is the only people that just love to spend money without being compelled to, at all. But the government is the only people that don't have to worry where it is coming from.

The reason that there are so few female politicians is that it is too much trouble to put makeup on two faces.

I really can't see any advantage of having one of your party as president. I would rather be able to critize a man than have to apologize for him.
    Andnobody seem to be disagreeing with these statements on any thread. Wonder why?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

I've just gave it a cursory examine - may get back to 'ya - okay?:spin2::rasta:
    Vasudeva

How true the quotes of Will Rogers are? Well spoken.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    How true the quotes of Will Rogers are? Well spoken.
    Well we sure could use another one like him

Well we sure could use another one like him
    bump*******

you want food for thought!?how about we stop wishing life were different and play/work(we should be playful,others may turn it into work) at making our own life different!?that's called.....making a difference!?a difference others can admire and follow if they see fit!?see themselves fit in!?

how do we help those that dont fit to fit without throwing a fit that no one wants to catch!?easy.....keep your enemies closer!?even cat's n dogs get along if they live in the same coop!?better to start em out as pups/kittens though,.....alot less adjustment casualties!?:crazy1: :spin2: :sun_smiley: hehe!!......just askn....
    Last edited by lexx; 11-16-2008 at 08:57 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    you want food for thought!?how about we stop wishing life were different and play/work(we should be playful,others may turn it into work) at making our own life different!?that's called.....making a difference!?a difference others can admire and follow if they see fit!?see themselves fit in!?

how do we help those that dont fit to fit without throwing a fit that no one wants to catch!?easy.....keep your enemies closer!?even cat's n dogs get along if they live in the same coop!?better to start em out as pups/kittens though,.....alot less adjustment casualties!?:crazy1: :spin2: :sun_smiley: hehe!!......just askn....
    There will always be those that want change and will try to impose their change onto others and there will always be those that resist that change and what is being thrust upon them. What gives anyone the right to say what is better for you, if you are content with what you have and do not wish to change?

kathaj is offline Just to the edge ,never over it. User Rank

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Confucius
    www.LetsSayThanks.com
    Click this link to say THANKS to our USA Troops around the WORLD.

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
    Confucius
    And let us not forget seeing, touching and feeling. OT

There will always be those that want change and will try to impose their change onto others and there will always be those that resist that change and what is being thrust upon them. What gives anyone the right to say what is better for you, if you are content with what you have and do not wish to change?

I must say that I am brought to agree with the last sentence!
    There are lots of people happy that have very little money or material means. Sometimes, they are much better off.
    I remeber the simple days of military service when part of your monthly payment was that they provided a room, bath and toilet facilities and a place to eat. Ever so often they gave you orders to go to another assignment. Mostly all of your worldly belongings would fit in a merdium-sized suit case. YOu could be packed, ride to the air transport and off in an hour tota;. I was happy and didn't have a herll of a lot to worry about. As long as I took care of my responsibilites everything was great. And I did!
    Vasudeva

Nothing can replace intimintacy...:spin2::sun_smiley:
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    You sure got that right

Originally Posted by Old Timer

Originally Posted by coontie

some of the wise men of scams.com have spoken.
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

Wisdom begins in wonder.
    Socrates
    www.LetsSayThanks.com

Quote Originally Posted by kathaj View Post
    Wisdom begins in wonder.
    Socrates
    And I wonder wonder who, who wrote the book of love.